[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else get a /g/ job and hate it? >Work corporate IT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1498686387764.jpg (147KB, 728x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1498686387764.jpg
147KB, 728x1044px
Anyone else get a /g/ job and hate it?
>Work corporate IT
>Pays well
>AC
>perks end there
>Every day daydream about being a policeman or doctor or musician, or something similar
>Could have been literally anything and chose this mind-numbingly boring tech job for some reason
Is anyone the same
>>
>daydream about being a policeman or doctor or musician, or something similar

Similar to what? Those aren't even the same as each other.
>>
>>61393152
>policeman
Overseeing nigger cattle
>musician
You would end up homeless with a huge student debt
>doctor
Only good one on the list
>>
>>61393152
johj
>>
>>61393152
Worked for an year and quit, not only the job itself is shit, but the people associated with the industry are absolute garbage.
>>
when I had an IT job I spent my workdays daydreaming about returning to neetdom
>>
>go from working help desk making $7.25 an hour
>hate it
>get internship doing systems work & tooling
>pay more in taxes the first two weeks than I would have made at the help desk for 2 months
>love every second of it
>coworkers are great
>get full time offer
>accept that shit
>do the same shit, just get benefits and bonuses now

no, i fucking love it, having a salary and getting to do shit on daily basis that you are interested in is great, no fucking way would i ever go back
>>
>Become entry-level IT guy at late age, having previously worked minimum-wage telesales and factory jobs
>Paid far more
>Job is better in every way
>Don't even do anything most of the time
HOWEVER
>Constantly have to ask for help to do things everyone else can do
>Everyone else knows which server has which things on it, while I can't find anything
>Being on call is the ultimate cuckoldry
>Used to be the GOAT of my shitty jobs; now I am an obstacle in everyone's way

I definitely don't want to go back, and I assume it will feel more rewarding as I pick it up and am able to contribute more, but I really wish they'd hurry up and hire another new guy, so I can stop permanently feeling like the weak link bitch-boy ;_;
>>
>>61393152
>Every day daydream about being a policeman or doctor or musician, or something similar
Policemen are romanticized, they also have a shit job dealing with bureaucracy, a shitty justice system and niggers, that is unless they're corrupt niggers themselves cause let's face it the pay is shit and they end up completely demotivated.
>>
I'm NEET atm so I wouldn't know but I wouldn't work for corporate in the first place since I value my time more than most and being in a corporate would just depress me not working with others to build stuff/make stuff on my own for contracts.
>>
i feel it anon

i dream of being a musician all the time :+(
>>
>>61395266
Hang in there brah
>>
>>61393152
ATM Repair here.

I actually love the fuck out of it.

>Work alone
>In the company car half my day
>Listen to music and podcasts
>Not stuck in an office 24/7
>Okay pay
>>
I had an "IT guy" job for several months in some paper company, basically fixing computer related stuff all over the building. I hated it.

Now I work as a bike messenger, I make a pitiful amount of money but I'm a happy poorfag
>>
>>61393152
Being a doctor would be fun, a policeman not so much. Not even going to acknowledge 'musician'. Honestly, people always seem perpetually unsatisfied, I know it's moronic to say 'there are starving kids in Africa' but there fucking are, be happy you're alive and earning well above minimum wage, set yourself some life goals, you'll find you tend to value your job more if you need it to achieve something meaningful in your life.
>>
As they say, the grass is always greener.
>>
>>61395266
>>61395736
Yeah familia, hang in there and in no time you will be good at it. Just study when you have free time.
>>
Work for myself, love it. No shitty bosses to give me shit, work when I want, browse /g/ and pay myself.
>>
>mechanical engineer
>wanted to get in oil or automotive
>only got into telecom
>not even in design, quality engineering work
>hate traveling to vendors in china, Mexico, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, etc most months in the year to audit their shitty production lines/standards
>got into project management
>hate it
>got into sales
>hate it
>trying to get in at the director level now
>tfw design teams still don't want me
>neither does oil or automotive
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.