/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever seen leg deformation on a chip like this before?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7865.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7865.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
Has anyone ever seen leg deformation on a chip like this before? I am genuinely curious as to how this happened. The housing shows no sign of damage whatsoever and the seal was intact so it wasn't opened before. This is the strangest thing I've ever seen, the thing looks like it's been purposely mangled.
>>
File: IMG_7864.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7864.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
>>
ghosts
>>
File: mystery.gif (5KB, 500x169px) Image search: [Google]
mystery.gif
5KB, 500x169px
>>
File: cxc4.gif (120KB, 882x616px) Image search: [Google]
cxc4.gif
120KB, 882x616px
>>61393116
>>61393136
More than likely. I'm wondering if it had something to do with temperature but I really don't know how leads would curl/buckle so hard that they become detached.
>>
if that square on the lid is for that chip then it cooked itself and the heat could not escape so it was forced down. it looks like the result of some kind of internal short. that's a game shark ps2 memory card that let you compress saves btw it sucks. what did you expect from datel.
>>
>>61393097
>>61393099
It looks like there's a recess on the case exactly the shape of that chip. Is the chip tall enough that it needs to be fit under that recess?

If it is, it may be possible that it was not aligned up properly, and potentially put stress on the chip. Which, combined with cold solder joints, could have been enough to break the solder where they were weak, tear off the solder pads where they were strong, or just break the pins of the chip if they got hairline fractures on them (not uncommon if they get over stressed during manufacturing).

Actually, now that I think of it, it looks like that at least a bunch of the pins were fractured. That would mean that the chip is partially loose. Simply bouncing around while in transit could be enough to break the rest of the pins, while the rest are still connected and they start tearing off and bending.

If the recess puts additional force on the chip due to its position, it could be enough to snap the thing off during transit.

But if it is indeed the recess, then it probably broke during assembly, due to the pins already being fractured.
>>
>>61393398
>>61393446
The mystery has been solved.

>>61393398
>that's a game shark ps2 memory card that let you compress saves btw it sucks. what did you expect from datel.
Good eye. I'm trying to softmod a PS2 for someone. When I opened this up and the chip fell out I was releived thinking it was socketed and just fell out, obviously it wasen't socketed and is some eldritch looking nightmare.
>>
>>61393136
This reminds me ceepee
>>
>>61393097
There's a small bit of resist missing in the upper left corner. Looks like someone jammed a small screwdriver underneath and just pried it up. then tore it off the board, it would explain all the bent legs too.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.