[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there so little information about compiler differences.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Why is there so little information about compiler differences. You'd think with all the programmers in the world the internet would be full of data regarding compile and runtime performance for all sorts of algorithms.
What am I missing here?
>>
99.99% of programmers have no idea how modern compilers work
>>
because they're supposed to produce functionally inentical output
>>
>>61384035

Yes but that still wouldn't stop them from comparing different algorithms in different compilers.

>because they're supposed to produce functionally inentical output

I'm talking about performance not functionality. Try some reading comprehension next time.
>>
>>61384187
whats so hard about comparing the compiler outputs yourself? the documentation for the compiler outputs is the code for the compiler itself. Even the people writing the compiler would not know everything about how the compiler works, they are large and complex things.
>>
>>61384012
cppcon and boostcon has some videos by guys who talk about optimizations (which always involves a discussion about what this actually means for the compiler). Check YouTube, I actually enjoy playing them in the background while coding and keeps me "in the mindset" in case I get distracted.
>>
>>61384012
>Why is there so little information about compiler differences
There's tonnes of information, what the fuck are you on about?

You just don't know where to look and what to look for, you fucking pleb.

>You'd think with all the programmers in the world the internet would be full of data regarding compile and runtime performance for all sorts of algorithms.
It fucking is.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.