[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you /g/uys stop distro hopping ? i'm just loocking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1463769615345.jpg (119KB, 655x578px) Image search: [Google]
1463769615345.jpg
119KB, 655x578px
How do you /g/uys stop distro hopping ?

i'm just loocking for a nice non bloat distro what is wrong with me ??
>>
arch
>>
>>61377835
>non bloat distro
just because a distro has features that you are too stupid or too autistic to use does not mean it is bloated
>>
If you have a job, Ubuntu LTS
>>
>>61377835
arch
>>
>>61377835
Distro hopping is for illiterates. You can install most DEs, packages, etc on any distro.
>>
>>61377835
Took Gentoo and it stuck for over 10 years now.

Uh, what is non bloat to you and are you sure you need whatever it is for some actual reason that can't be cheaply resolved with a bit of hardware?
>>
>>61377858
This. "distro hopping" just means you're probably a teenager with too much time on his hands who is using cool obscure operating systems as a replacement for an actual hobby.
>>
>>61377835
Solus go me to stop. Super cozy, and it just werkz.
>>
>>61377914
How's the package manager on Solus work out. Is it any good
>>
I stop distro hopping when I find what I want.

So far, openSUSE tumbleweed here, less issues than Kubuntu/KDE Neon. The moment I find some actual flaw I will get there again.

Also real life. You can't really do this distro hopping business when you don't have as much time, you want to get home and you want to work with something that you can't do on your goddamn phone.
>>
Debian + XFCE was the end for me.
>>
>>61377921
it's really good. It's called Chromaggus, and it will be used in the next fedora release. It is already used in Ubuntu 17 and the latest versions of most ububtu derivatives
>>
Arch. Antegros if you want it to just werk. Manjaro if you want it to just werk and not break.
>>
>>61377835

You're expecting "perfection" from a computer's operating system. Time to heal wounds, anon, time to heal wounds,
>>
>>61377835
By understanding that it's not the OS that matters but what you do with it.

Once you understand that, nothing else matters and you go back to the latest version of Windows.
>>
>>61377835
Debian or Ubuntu

>>61377879
this
>>
>>61377962
Do you know if they had any updates recently to give compatibility to the nvidia 10 series graphics cards? My current laptop has a 1070 and the Linux drivers for it came out recently, only problem is that I can't get shit to show up on it with it, even with boot parameters so I'm pretty much stuck to arch, gentoo, or void. I hate Archs community, gentoo is boring, and I don't like void.
>>
>>61377835
Try getting a job and using Windows :)
>>
>>61378081
Hi faggot
>>
>>61378117
What? It worked for me...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zpgQpdy_fI
>>
>>61378132
I have a job and I prefer Linux 100000x to Windows. I only keep Windows for the sake of video games (yes I'm one of those people). I mean to each his own, but I really don't like Windows
>>
>>61378170
And I don't like working. But I do have this habits, like feeding myself and stuff... They are pretty hard to let go you know
>>
At some point you'll find something better to do probably. If not you'll probably get sick of it anyway and go back to using a mainstream distro instead of meming about muh bloat.
>>
>>61377845
>non bloat
>arch
Haha, nice try, Rajeesh.
>>
>>61377835
Linux from Scratch
Literally as de-bloated as you can get, have fun
>>
>>61377835

OP here is Manjaro any good ?
>>
>>61378305
I'm not one to complain about bloat too often but Manjaro is fucking bloated as hell
>>
>>61377921
It doesn't even have package signing so it's great if you like getting rooted.
>>
>>61377835
Depends on your definition of "bloat". If you're referring to just having a lot of packages as bloat, then I don't know what to tell you. If you're referring to pre-installed programs, stop being autistic and remove the ones you don't like. I use Ubuntu MATE and have had no issues. I use it on my laptop.

Although with official Ubuntu going to Gnome, I might switch soon.
>>
File: 0bb.png (125KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
0bb.png
125KB, 360x500px
When I first switched to linux, I distro hopped like crazy but kept returning to xubuntu when I needed to actually be productive. I've tried almost every linux other than gentoo that gets meme'd about on /g/ and xubuntu is the only one worth a damn. It's not perfect, but its the closest I've gotten. As a side note, Arch is fun if you have time for that sort of thing, I still have it on my "for fun" laptop, but I'd never use it on a machine I need to rely on being functional constantly. I also have a Windows 10 partition on my GAYMIN rig, but I've been reading up on GPU passthru recently and I'll probably be using that method by the end of the month. I really liked Manjaro, but in 4 months I had two updates break everything, and once I changed my default font through the GUI and it borked the whole desktop, that's just too unreliable for me.
>>
Get a server to run all the operating systems in vm!!
/Thread
>>
>>61377835
redhat
suse
ubuntu
elementary
xubuntu
antergos

xubuntu and antergos are decent easy to install and well supported distros. Everything else is either too much work or unnecesary.
>>
>>61377835
Realize that distros are basically identical.
>>
File: 13843432847.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
13843432847.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>61377835
Install Fedora.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.