[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

List a few problems with the iPhone? In my opinion the hardware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: refurb-iphone6s-plus-silver.jpg (138KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
refurb-iphone6s-plus-silver.jpg
138KB, 1000x1000px
List a few problems with the iPhone? In my opinion the hardware is fine, the OS is the main thing that makes it a toy. Anything I am missing?
>>
Let's run down the list

Android phones let you:
>have real encryption with no backdoors
>download over 100MB over mobile data
>install a third party app launcher and icons
>use it as a flash drive
>share any kind of file over wifi/bluetooth
>torrent via torrent clients in the playstore
>install apps outside the playstore
>modify a few system settings to increase performance and decrease battery drain
>manually control complex camera functions via third party apps
>natively browse files
>view better colors via amoled displays
>browse 4chan and natively open webms inside them via third party apps
>extract/browse archives
>add additional phone storage via a micro SD card
>replace the stock battery with a bigger one
>add widgets to your home screen
>access important functions by swiping down

ALL WITHOUT HAVING TO HACK YOUR PHONE

Also Android phones have better performance, better specs, for a lower price.
>>
File: iphones.png (388KB, 1080x1445px) Image search: [Google]
iphones.png
388KB, 1080x1445px
>>
>>61363164
AMOLED displays are seriously fucking amazing. It's a shame about the burn-in though.
>>
>>61363164
>>61363214
These, though the 256gb microsd card is like $100 now.

>>61363255
Yeah, hope something supercedes amoled soon. One thing I can say is that now I can't go back to an IPS display.
>>
>>61363164
Hmmm...
>Apple is more committed to proper end-to-end encryption than any other smartphone market in the business
>Fair. That one sucks.
>May be necessary for some, but even the majority of android users don't use anything other than the launcher their phone came with.
>Unnecessary. I haven't used a flash drive to transport data since I got a google drive account. Three years ago.
>Well, not any kind, but Apple has airdrop, a vastly superior photo/video sending solution to anything android has. And that's all you're really gonna use something like that for.
>Why would you want to torrent on your phone? That's what your computer is for.
>Apple supports the sideloading of apps via user profiles through Safari. Common emulators using these features include gba4ios and Delta.
>Low power mode is pretty damn efficient and easier than any manual modification.
>There's an app for that, and the iPhone 7's camera is currently the second best smartphone camera on the market, second only to the Google Pixel.
>Coming in iOS11, and literally useless for most users.
>True, but the most recent rumors suggest the next generation of iPhones is going to be OLED.
>A little lame that the iOS app store doesn't support any 4chan clients, but I rarely use 4chan on my phone. I like the desktop website better than any mobile version I've seen.
>I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but apple's Time Machine backup system is amazing and easier to set up and use than any android system.
>MicroSD is slow and shitty. Apple doesn't want to include it because it would impact loading times on any apps that are installed on them.
>Not even most flagship android devices have that anymore. Though it would be nice.
>Ehh, there's a whole page dedicated to widgets. There's definitely some design choices I'm going to say android devices do better, but this one doesn't bother me
>The command center achieves similar results on the iPhone, and is only getting better with iOS11 in the fall.
>>
>>61363351
I hit the character limit, but essentially I think there's a lot of legitimate reasons for someone to want to run android. Be it cost or customizability, Android probably has an iPhone beat 9/10.

But the reason that the iPhone was the first real smartphone was that it was the one that made it cool and easy. The iPhone's design philosophy was never to be the most feature-rich device, it was to be the most accessible. And in that regard it succeeded.
>>
File: 1470164952139.jpg (207KB, 675x827px) Image search: [Google]
1470164952139.jpg
207KB, 675x827px
>>61363351
>"I'm butthurt"
>"I don't have thing therefore it's stupid or unnecessary"
>"look at all these facts I pulled out of my ass"

As someone who used to own an iPhone 6 before it died from touch disease I have to say overall owning an iPhone was one of the worst decisions of my life, and I've been in rehab after being a homeless tweeker.

Just iTunes alone should be enough to make people turn 360° and walk away.

>"You're iPhone could not be backed-up due to an unknown error"
>"iTunes has crashed due to an unknown error"
optimized software my ass
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.