[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I make this thing less laggy and have less input

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (14KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
14KB, 460x215px
How the fuck do I make this thing less laggy and have less input delay? I got Ethernet on both my pc and the link
>>
>>61362770
You can't. Enjoy your buyer's remorse.
>>
>>61362780
Ehh fuck it. I got it for 32 dollars. The biggest regret was the time wasted hooking up the Ethernet cables
>>
>>61362823
Did you get it in a bundle? It regularly goes on sale for $15.
>>
have you tried the "speed" setting? If you're on wired-wired you shouldn't have any real delay anyways....
>>
>>61362843
I just saw the thing on Amazon and bought it there cause I have prime. Are you talking about the thing on steam? I heard there was problems with shipping so I said fuck it. 17 bucks more ain't that much.
>>
Is there a way to accomplish the goal of this device without buying a memelink?
>>
>>61362770
Nope, kek
>>61362928
You should have a htpc hooked up to your tv so just install steam on it
>>
>>61362770
I just use it as a wireless laggy hdmi cable.
>>
>>61362770
Get a better PC
If you have a shit processor it will do a shit job of streaming it to your television
And if you are playing demanding games on a sub par system it will be shit

If you have shit internet it's going to lag regardless of wired or not, the wire isnt a video cable

Go online and look shit up
It works fine for me since my computer is decent and I get 220mb down 20 up

When you encounter a problem use your head instead of white girling it and getting someone else to find a solution

>>61362823
Yeah dollars
You have shit internet in america
Thats your problem
You need good internet since surprise surprise an Ethernet cable isnt a video cable
Did you even think to check your internet speed you twat
>>
I run mine through ethernet with no problems. I can play things like rocket league and notice practically 0 extra latency. Have you tried polling the link to see what the returning ping times are?
>>
File: Ck76x6SWEAERcBB.jpg (25KB, 574x348px) Image search: [Google]
Ck76x6SWEAERcBB.jpg
25KB, 574x348px
clearly you aren't using ethernet protection
>>
>>61362770
>>61363939
Also just because your internet is capable of multiplayer gaming doesn't make it capable of video streaming
Online multiplayer has more to do with ping and p2p distance than internet speed per se
>>
>>61362928
No, unless your PC can be within 50ft of your TV in which case you can run an HDMI cord, however there's still no good solution for input.

These things are actually really good though. OP is likely just a faggot, as always.
>>
>>61363939
Internet connection has nothing to do with it.
>>
Is nV*dia tv or shield or whatever its called now better?
>>
>>61364120
LAN speed, however...
>>
>>61364127
No. Reviews actually indicate it's worse for what the Link does, although it does more.
>>
>>61364138
Yep. So it's likely OP fucked up an ethernet connection, has a shitty router, has a shitty NIC, or some combination of the above.
>>
File: laugh-cry.jpg (41KB, 480x525px) Image search: [Google]
laugh-cry.jpg
41KB, 480x525px
I want to buy it but the only vendors here in Brazil are chargin 100$+.
Just fuck my shit up.
>>
You need a decent computer plus network infrastructure for this to work.

Video encode and decode time makes up a large portion of the lag, and if your network connection has a delay of more than 1ms it gets bad.

Try reducing you video resolution, encode quality and detail settings.

All those are factors, but the real problem on a wired connection is your computers ability to encode the video.
>>
>>61362770
Turn on game mode on your tv, turn off post processing
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 800x687px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 800x687px
>>61362770
I'm running mine on gigabit and no lag whatsoever
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.