[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/ I just bought this cooler from corsair, H115i. But the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: H115i_02.png (221KB, 1200x514px) Image search: [Google]
H115i_02.png
221KB, 1200x514px
Hi /g/
I just bought this cooler from corsair, H115i.
But the fans that come with it are pieces of that that make a lot of noise if they go over 1900rpm.

Any recommendations for fans to replace them?
I was thinking Noctua's, but not sure which.
The cooler is to cool my new i9-7900X
inb4 >house fires
The fans are 120mm.
>>
>>61352683
I made a mistake. the fans are 140mm
>>
>>61352683
you should have looked up some reviews
>>
>>61352683
Any pressure fan.
The ones that come with it aren't even that bad once you put some insulation between the fan and radiator, it's dumb to let air escape. Then they can run at much lower RPM and do much better work.
>>
>>61352683
When I bought my H115i, I also coupled it with two Noctua NF-A14 PWM IndustrialPPC fans. They're the best 140mm you can currently buy.
>>
>>61354573
This. They even look cool these days.
>>
File: untitled-2.png (42KB, 682x803px) Image search: [Google]
untitled-2.png
42KB, 682x803px
>>61352683
>>
pressure optimized noctua fans are generally king.

though if they're too expensive i have a bunch of fractal design venturi fans that i like quite a bit
>>
How this compare to Noctua D15
>>
>>61352683
Also make sure there's no space between the fans and the radiator for air to escape and use pull configuration.

Most effective.
>>
>>61352683
I coupled mine with two corsair entry level fans, got a pair for 12 quid (Brit fag) forget the name now...runs cool af and quiet
>>
>>61354675
>how does water compare to air
kek

even the shittiest AIO will beat a good air heatsink
>>
>>61354675
I was actually tossing up between the D15 and the H115i when I got mine. From all the benchmarks I've seen, there's a slight edge to the H115i for a comparable noise level, but only if you throw on some Noctua fans or similar since the stock ones are really loud at higher rpms. With the stock Corsair fans, they perform more similarly.

>>61354706
That's not true at all, it depends on the specific AIO and the D15 is a beast of an air cooler.
>>
I had one, and the pump went out 7 months later. It almost kill my cpu.
>>
File: 04_cu.jpg (324KB, 1300x800px) Image search: [Google]
04_cu.jpg
324KB, 1300x800px
Cryorig release those cooper cooler already
>>
>>61354765
>That's not true at all, it depends on the specific AIO and the D15 is a beast of an air cooler.
Unless you do a bench build >>61354706 is true
>>
>>61354810
That sucks, I have a H60 for over two years now, running 24/7, still works great.
>>
>>61354944

h105 going near 24/7 for over a year and a half now. absolutely no complaints.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.