[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 22

File: 1486727505864.jpg (100KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1486727505864.jpg
100KB, 750x750px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions

Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread: >>61342376
>>
TEPOSTING FROM LAST THREAD

Not really a stupid question but what's the best modem/router for me
>needs to be VDSL/fibre ready
>attainable in bumfuck australia
>wireless, but doesn't need to be crazy good
>gigabit wired connection
That's really it. Preferably something under 150AUD, 100 would be awesome.
>>
>>61351627
Why don't my motherboards ports work properly anymore?
Sometimes my mouse and keyboard start disconnecting and reconnecting and won't properly work until i restart
>>
>I just sent a couple firefox crash reports because i'm frustrated with youtube and nyt tabs crashing immediately. i have a whole suite of privacytools add ons because it's 2017 and i hate tracking ads. how much did i fuck up and do i need to start fresh on firefox to get back to "normal"?

After reading this https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/firefox/ I guess sending a few crash reports is not much worse than what Firefox knows already, and that if I want a real private browser Tor is the way to go

Right?
>>
What can I use to take a screenshot of media that I selected by setting the time I want to screenshot to occur? So that the screen capture is the same resolution as the media it came from.
>>
My monitor only has a signal from a cold boot, if I attempt to restart when installing something etc it just stops at the orange light and doesn't power back on, any ideas?
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/74LXQV
I don't care if this is a 'good' build, I just want to know if this is actually going to function, this is my first time building so I'm just making sure I didn't fuck something up horribly
>>
>>61351798
scratch this. i think i've fixed it by updating chipset drivers
>>
>>61351627
Can I install aol from an old cd, and will it still work today?
>>
>>61351817
>inb4 "no os or gpu
I already have those taken care of so they're not on the list
>>
>>61351627
I can't open mikandi on my phone. Am I being censored from downloading this app store. I just want to see what type of shit they have, and I can't open the webpage.
>>
bumping for interest
>>
When installing windows a new, how do i get it to COMPLETELY erase everything?
Every time i reinstall a new version it keep the old files in Windows.old.
How can i stop this from happening. I dont care about my old folders/files i just want them gone.
>>
>>61353749
You can delete "Windows.old" if you want.
>>
>>61353749
If you delete the current windows OS partition it wont make windows.old becaude windows will be gone entirely. Then just install windows on a clean partition
>>
>>61353843
>>61353811
Yes i belong here.
That was dumb.
I never thought of that.
>>
>>61353843
This. There should be an option when you're installing Windows to format the partition.
>>61351846
>>61351817
It should work. Make sure you buy thermal paste.
>>
i booted up my old laptop thata has a broken screen, windows 7, should i enable automatic updates?
>>
best video for how to assemble a PC?
>>
File: 1499388648332.jpg (130KB, 920x797px) Image search: [Google]
1499388648332.jpg
130KB, 920x797px
Any working torrent client for Android you guys would recommend?
>bittorrent actually connect to peer and download right away but crash in the background
>cattorrent and flud seem to not crash but can't for life connect to anyone
>utorrent is a meme so I won't touch it
>>
>>61353929
Common sense.
Also if you cant figure out how to put one together, go buy a child's "put the shapes in the holes toy" to practice.
>>
File: nice hdmi.jpg (3KB, 200x46px) Image search: [Google]
nice hdmi.jpg
3KB, 200x46px
What laptop should I buy?

I work at home and do a lot of multitasking but nothing more demanding than running lots of the office suite at the same time while using the internet and sending emails.
Budget is around $900
I really want a good build quality laptop because I travel frequently with it and my last few laptops always end up getting broken.
Need something in the 13"-14" range
Needs to have 500GB minimum storage.

I've been looking at the Thinkpad 13 and the Thinkpad T470

Looked at the zenbook too but worried about its sturdiness and I don't feel the need to pay a premium for muh thinness.

I'd really appreciate any tips
>>
File: 1492450838144.jpg (72KB, 684x626px) Image search: [Google]
1492450838144.jpg
72KB, 684x626px
Is it possible to rip images from, say a PS2 disc? If so, what program should I use?
>>
Do apple laptops have any exclusive software which could help grow a business or make money? If not, whats the best bang for your buck laptop with windows 10?
>>
For about a week now i have had real bad issues with high ping on LoL and even watching twitch.tv it stutters on auto quality even low loads like 240p.
I have tried everything i can think of. Please help
Also ipconfig shit seems to do nothing i see.
>>
File: 1490305556483.gif (227KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490305556483.gif
227KB, 600x600px
I'm trying to choose a laptop for university(comp sci) in the fall.
Do need one with a discrete GPU for undergrad level programming?
I'm considering a ThinkPad T470. Open to recommendations.
>>
What are the best books to learn C since K&R is outdated?
>>
Can I just pull my SD card that has the retropie image on it out of my Raspberry Pi 3 and stick it in an Asus Tinker Board and expect it to work?
>>
My hard drive is being slow all of a sudden, and when I tried restarting, I could login fine, but when I came to the desktop, there were no icons anywhere, the mouse loading circle was there, and it would constantly go white as if it was non-responsive and goes black only to come back on to the same empty desktop
>>
>>61358577
Also my question is how badly do magnetic screwdrivers effect the harddrive if its only touching the screws keeping it in place
>>
q: if it takes 6 men 6 hours to dig a hole, how long should it take 3 men to dig half a hole?

ǝloɥ ɐ ɟlɐɥ sɐ ƃuıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ :ɐ
>>
Is it okay to use a usb to store videos for plex server? Besides space issues I don't want to drop 50 for an external + case.
>>
So, I'm using xfce.
Is there a way to remove the tittle bar but to keep the minimize,maximize buttons?
>>
File: hosting plans.png (210KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hosting plans.png
210KB, 1920x1200px
>>61351627
I have bought (rented) for many years 3 domains form godaddy and I was wondering what plan should I take if I'm expecting to run a business through one of my websites? I think the middle one is the best but I am looking for more professional input.

Thanks anons.
>>
I have a weird problem on a gtx970.

Not always, but sometimes a game would start with low fps (always 40-or so), and fps won't go up until I winkey+tab out of it. Alt-tabbing doesn't seem to fix this.

It seems to be happening on window/borderless mode.

I tried updating my drivers, now this time I used DDU as well. Not fixed.
Fucking Nvidia, did the gimpening already begin?
>>
>>61354538
vuze

why are you trying that many options for a torrent client on mobile
>>
>>61354631
Asus Q304UA-BBI5T10
>>
>>61361537
switch to namecheap for domains and don't look at registrars for providing web hosting, you'll mostly likely be more satisfied if you go with something that focuses on hosting
>>
why does remix os perform like shit in boxes when everything else works super fluidly
>>
>>61362280
Noted thank you, any hosting companies you'd recommend? For 7$ a month I think it's a pretty good deal.
>>
>>61351632
>any speed wireless and gigabit wired
probably cheaper to buy a router and then a access point separate desu
>>
>>61353892
no, install gentoo
>>
Mom lives in a shithole apartment and her box gets dusty as fuck and overheats.

It's an i5 with an SSD and she just uses it for normie book.

I'm tearing her box apart tonight. Can I go fanless? More fans? Less fans? Liquid cool?
>>
I'm looking for a good tablet /g/, I mostly intend to use it for netflix and shitposting on 4chan.
Can you give me some recommendations? A good quality screen is a must, I have never owned a tablet pc before so I have like no idea what's good or bad.
My budget is about $800 AUD if it matters.
>>
>>61362485
I've been pretty satisfied with my Samsung Galaxy. I've tried those Sony tablets and they feel crispy af, so I think it's worth looking into, also.
>>
>>61362485
go to gearbest and buy one of the 100 dollar w10 ones
>800 aud
>netflix machine
is your economy just crap or are you really willing to spend a shit ton of money on something so trivial
>>
>>61362531
It's the government and tariffs and fucking them because they can. The famous anecdote was that it was cheaper to book a round trip flight to California to buy Photoshop than buying it in Oz.
>>
>>61362531
like i said, i have zero clue about tablets
>>
>>61351791
vlc should let you screenshot while you are watching and there's probably some command to do it from cli too, should be plenty clear
>>
>>61361432
learn to use your keyboard shortcuts instead
>>
>>61362330
vultr suits my needs pretty well and has been pretty reliable, but the best deal for any budget is gonna be from different companies

just depends on what you really need
>>
>>61362470
clean it and replace fan
>>
>>61362594
any other questions then
>>
>>61362485
>$800 for movies and 4chan
is Australia really that bad
>>
>>61362722
gtx 1080ti costs $1400 here
>>
File: 1482378570741.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1482378570741.gif
607KB, 800x792px
Got bored, now I'm writing a kernel out of raw ASM, emulating with QEMU on Windows x86-64. Got myself into Long Mode, Ring-0 GDT done (obv), 2MiB paging complete, and got a couple of functions working to output some text (with 256-color attribute) to the screen properly. Also set up very very basic macros for saving register states (since PUSHA got fukt with no replacement, apparently).

What should I do next? People say it's a matter of preference. I'm looking to design something raw like a shell, and eventually implement a user-space version of said shell. what do
>>
>>61358101
Laptops with discrete GPUs tend to not last as long, but maybe thats less of a problem now. Plus you wouldn't need it.
>>
>>61362833
I suppose it makes sense to make a shell before adding a filesystem. You need to be able to render cat pictures.
>>
File: 1469810428865.jpg (111KB, 487x460px) Image search: [Google]
1469810428865.jpg
111KB, 487x460px
>>61351627
How do you transfer bookmarks from one browser to the other without having to sync both of them together? Or at least a simple way to copy paste them into a notepad.
>>
>>61363087
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I usually export to html from one browser then import from html on the other. I don't use the automatic transfer or sync features.
>>
I would like to buy a laptop or windows tablet if it supports all x86 software.
I want to read my VNs on it while being comfy, can you recommend me something?

Bonus points if it works with win7.

While I'm at it, how good is wine nowadays?
Could I get most VNs running via wine?

Thank you in advance.
>>
>>61363032
Exactly right, I prioritize correctly. ;)
So set up the filesystem. I suppose I should also do more "behind-the-scene" things like a proper IDT, drivers, etc. too before even considering the shell.

Do you have any advice on the easiest filesystem to organize? I'm actually unsure whether or not it's something I can choose vs. something that is dependent on the boot device. Thanks.
>t. brainlet
>>
>>61362515
I had a look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab A, it looks cheap and pretty much what I'm after.

Should I go for it guys? Feeling pretty good about this one.
>>
Can someone on macOS tell me what size the recovery partition is? It's a hidden partition. To check the size you need to perform
diskutil list

in terminal. Thanks.
>>
how do i get into building an app? i have an idea and no experience programming of any kind
>>
>>61362192
Ok, looks like Vuze is working fine. No crashes and stuff actually get downloaded.
Like I said, bittorrent just crashes while in backgrounds and other clients refuse to connect for some reason. I would just use something right away if it works.
Thanks for the suggestion
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-14-02-55-54.png (148KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-14-02-55-54.png
148KB, 1536x2048px
>Overcounted - 123%

What does Android mean by this?
>>
>>61354538
I use Flud

It just werx
>>
is there an app for android that will allow me to connect my phone to my pc as a keyboard but has the feature of just selecting wasd or the up down left right keys?
>>
My parents need a computer for light web browsing, what do I get them? I've been out of the low-end market for a long time.

Requirements
-Has a 15"+ screen or can be hooked up to one
-Small form factor, so no normal sized desktop towers
-Not any more complicated to use than a regular Windows machine
-CHEAP, preferably no more than $200
>>
>>61357386
Run mtr to twitch.tv for 1 hour and then post results.
>>
>>61362627
That's dumb.
People told me I could do anything with Linux!
>>
I dropped my 9H tempered class cover before putting it on my phone, and now it has dust particles and shit all over the sticky part. How can I clean it off?
>>
What is generally more indicative of a drive being ready to kick the bucket: power on count or power on hours?

I have a WD 1TB external with 2,500 hours, which isn't that much, but over 500 power cycles. Should I be worried about it shitting the bed soon?

Another question: do hard drives still experience progress in reliability? I.e. would a 1TB WD Blue manufactured in 2017 be more reliable than one manufactured in 2012 (on average, not just looking at a single sample)?
>>
File: ss (2017-07-13 at 09.32.06).png (16KB, 485x400px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-07-13 at 09.32.06).png
16KB, 485x400px
>>61364182
bruh chill the fuck out.
Your HDD is just fine. It has a lot of usage left.
>>
>>61363980
would you be fine building one or would you rather buy prebuilt?
>>
Anyone knows what controls the keyboard volume Fn combos for Win7? Mine is messed up for some reason.
>>
>>61363980
Build on an itx or mitx with an i5. Put Ubuntu or mint on it.

My mom has been running Linux for 10 years. Best decision I ever made.
>>
>>61363429
Honestly Google is your friend
>>
Is it possible (and if so a viable option) to set up a raspberry pi as a Wi-Fi extender in which I then run an Ethernet cable from to my computer to get faster internet?
>>
>>61364482
That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>61363980
A high-end TV box with Android.
>>
Is the netgear AC1900 router overkill if my ISP only gives me 300Mbps? Why would I need 1900mbps bandwidth for 300Mbps download speeds? I feel like a retard but I don't understand.
>>
>>61363980
Something on craigslist
>>
>>61364482
Yes
>>
File: businesscomp.png (223KB, 548x825px) Image search: [Google]
businesscomp.png
223KB, 548x825px
I'm looking at buying a new business laptop. I'll be doing some general websurfing using word Facebook etc but I cannot tell any difference between these 3 computers except that the bottom 2 say "performance models". Am I better off just saving some money and going with the top computer or is there a major difference that I will see if I buy one of the bottom computers?

pic related
>>
File: 1495032174067.jpg (25KB, 1074x274px) Image search: [Google]
1495032174067.jpg
25KB, 1074x274px
Using 4chanX, any way to fix this? Sometimes it just show a 1 and never let me post and gotta refresh the whole thread everytime this happens.
>>
>>61364711
>websurfing
>facebook
>Office

You don't need a fucking laptop with i7 and a GPU to do that.
>>
>>61364711
>business laptop
>not a think

Ishyygddt
>>
How do i make partitions on linux without having to use a live CD?
>>
>>61364762
I just wanted something fast
>>61364777
my last laptop was a thinkpad
>>
>>61364795
On a new drive? fdisk /dev/[urdrivehere] same as always.
On an existing, in-use drive? You could try rebooting to rescue mode, then resizing partitions and filesystems as needed from the shell, but you really probably shouldn't.
>>
>>61364917
Those are gaming laptops.
If you want fast, get something with an SSD
>>
>>61365117
what about an ideapad?
>>
>>61351627
hello fag OP
put /sqt/ in the OP, OP
>>
Does overclocking ram have any effect on CPU temps?
>>
File: kircheis.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kircheis.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
Is there ANY way to get the full text from RSS feeds without farming it out to some service?
>>
>>61356750
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Correct-way-to-make-a-PS2-disc-image
>>
>>61365370
You mean can you parse xml without a library? If you're a madman.
>>
where can i find out the best public torrent sites . like some blog that is regularly updated with the latest ones
>>
>>61365431
No, I mean from an end user's perspective. There are websites that pull out the full text, and if I wanted to fuck with a server I could self-host, but at that point I might as well just run tt-rss. I'm asking if there's something like an extension for newsbeuter or something.
>>
I got 3 emails from my ISP today claiming copyright infringement. It must have been my landlord ( I share my internet for reduced rent) because I don't torrent anything. I watch TV on my Android box.

I'm not worried about the notices cause they can't do shit to me, but how.can I find out if it really was him? The emails provided me with 2 different IP addresses. What can I do with them?
>>
File: 3dYFXsC.jpg (42KB, 356x414px) Image search: [Google]
3dYFXsC.jpg
42KB, 356x414px
Is there a program or extension that would allow me to one click save urls from a webpage?

I've got a webpage that requires a logon, which has over a few thousand links, and I need a few hundred of them.

I don't mind skimming the list for the ones I need, since the ones I need have no rhyme or reason, and ctrl C + V the links into a word doc takes too fucking long.

Is there a program or extension, that I can like hotkey + click on and it will save the url to a word doc or something similar?

Thanks
>>
>>61362485
Samsung Galaxy View. Worth every penny
>>
>>61365639
JDownloader will do that (and queue and download them) if your URLs are of the cyberlocker variety.
Otherwise, just save the page or copy and paste the whole text of the page into a Word doc?
>>
Thoughts on ProtonVPN??
>>
Is defraggler still the best wangblows defrag option?

Also anons remember to defrag regularly if your not on an SSD. I had 200GB of fragmented files because I am a big dummy
>>
>>61365698

The URLs are of the hyperlinked variety, where you have to click on some text.

How do I get JDownloader working, because I have to sign into the site before you can even view the URL's, otherwise the link redirects to a page that just says "You are not authorized to view this page".
>>
>>61365572
Like newsbeuter or a browser extension?
>>
>>61365370
I think you mean the full text from the article the RSS item is pointing to and ... display it in your RSS reader?
RSS is just XML that the site publishes that includes text the publsher chooses.
>>
>>61365637
Check their computer when they are out.
>>
>>61365826
I don't have access to their computer. I'm in the basement suite.

I have access to the router and modem, because they're in my name. Im tempted to just go in and blacklist any torrent websites, although I feel that's a bit harsh.

I'm by no means friends with this person, and the emails are harmless.

What would you do anon?
>>
what is this cartel that everyone is memeing about?
>>
I want my cintiq to be displayed on a big ass screen through a laptop. Problem is that my laptop only have one hdmi port, what do?
>>
>>61365910

get a hdmi splitter dummy
>>
>>61365848

leave it alone because i dont care enough.

but thats just me.
>>
>>61365848
>>61365637
You could use a packet sniffer program. Or if you are sure nobody else is on your network you could just tell him about the emails. Or since you know it doesn't matter you could just forget about it
>>
What's the best general torrent tracker that doesn't need an interview or an invite to use?
>>
>>61365848
Just tell your landlord about the emails, but don't blame them directly or anything. Just say you have to block torrent sites as a result, in case they do use them and wanted to know why they don't work anymore. If they're any kind of normal human being, they'll understand. Don't be an autismo and try to be a detective with the IPs or block torrent sites without saying anything.
>>
>>61365639

Bumping this.
>>
>>61365939
>>61365962
>>61365982
Pretty much my thoughts too. If I get more I'll just let him know about them.
>>
I have a 32GB SD card that only has the capacity of 29MB no matter how many times I try to format it. Tried cleaning -> create partition -> using Disk Partition as well. Still only 29 mb.

Am I retaredede or has it shat its pants?
>>
It's been a decade since I last pirated Windows. Any concise how-to?
>>
I have a dual boot setup with 8.1 and kali. Why do Windows updates fail to complete and leave my computer potato?
>>
>>61366119

They usually have a bit of storage taken up by system stuff, not sure if it's 3 gb though. That seems a bit high. You can always just get another card
>>
>>61366119
Where did you buy the SD card from? It's most likely fake.
>>
>>61366150
Because your hdd, ram, cpu, psu, motherboard, wall plug or Windows install are broken/overheating.
>>
I have 4 goddamn ssds in two 3.5 bays. The cabling is atrocious, is there an existing solution to minimize cabling space for 4 sata power and data in that small space?
>>
>>61366290
How to fix? I've reinstalled 8.1 several times, the only time updates did complete was before I set up dual boot. What do? Should I ignore all windows updates entirely?
>>
>>61366247
I realise that the manufacturers advertise their capacity in a sort of scummy manner but this is obviously something else. Would be hilarious if they got away with 32GB->29MB though. keke

>>61366261
I got it with my Canon. It's a legitimate Canon-branded card. That's approaching total certainty.

I'll try with gparted I suppose.
>>
>>61366335
Dual boot likely isn't the problem, unless it broke your hdd/sdd in some way. Windows Updates doesn't even see anything outside the OS. Either there are too many updates on backlog for a fresh 8.1 to handle by now, or you have a hardware problem.

Try to find an update bundle you can download and install without the Windows Updater. Then it should be possible to run normal updates again.
>>
any tips for finding a job with very few contacts?
senior level computer engineer student. know a decent amount for it work.

are sites like indeed even worth using? I think i've applied for 50+ intern/entry level positions with only maybe 2 phone calls and no follow ups after. My 'friends' in the colleg are kinda flaky and don't want to put in a word for me. I don't blame them because we're not close outside of school.

I also use the school's job site, which honestly seems just as bad as craigslist for jobs.
>>
>>61366143
Download it from the Microsoft website. If you get win10 tell it to skip registration when it asks for your key. If win7 or whatever you still need an activator.
>>
I need to parse some pretty convoluted text. It's probably fundamentally similar to a compiler parsing source code in terms of complexity.

Anyone know any good resources on doing something like that efficiently?
>>
I found a usb with some pictures and a couple word documents. The files themselves only have a date created and last access with no personal information. Is there any way to find the owner besides asking around?
>>
>>61366509
http://dinosaur.compilertools.net/
>>
>>61366560
Also I know it's kinda dumb to just plug it into your pc because computer aids but I checked it using a crappy old laptop that I don't use anymore.
>>
Is Windows 10 still a buggy mess?
>>
>>61366890
yeah, and it always will be
>>
File: 1421947074724.jpg (116KB, 597x755px) Image search: [Google]
1421947074724.jpg
116KB, 597x755px
How much does hosting an email server cost?
>>
>>61366946
few hundred bucks plus work hours managing it
>>
>>61366946
not much. You can put them on the cheapest hosting who's IPs aren't in blacklists for hosting spammers.
>>
>>61366356
>>61366119
Yep, most likely defective if reformatting doesn't help.
>>
>>61366970
>>61366979
It's for small business.
I need it to have my own @ domain, and for each employee to get one of their own, approximately ~2000 account.
I can get a RPi if I need to but I already hosting a web site.
>>
I need help with dban

I keep getting that /procline/cmd pop up. I tried disabling secure boot, my asus mobo has no legacy mode or anything. It's very necessary I nuke my hard drive

Any ideas on wat do? Already consulted google, nothing new in terms of advice
>>
>>61365253
I know, I fucked it up, my first thread, I put /sqt/ in the name field by mistake. At least sqt is searchable in the catalog.
>>
>>61367017
How necessary? If shit really hit the fan you might want to consider just physically destroying it.
>>
>>61367035
Long story short, got hacked and it was serious. I already ran malwarebytes and killed shit, but I'm not convinced he's gone just yet. I'm already considering a new HDD, but I'm hesitant to spend right now, so for now I just want a total nuke. Got shit backed up on my laptop already
>>
>>61367015
Whats wrong with google apps? Or "G-Suite"
>>
>>61367109
Nothing wrong, but I guess it better for publicity to have your own Email instead of using other provider.
As I said I already have web site hosted.
I was thinking I can probably set a side 250$ for email server for ~2000 account for sending and receiving important emails.
>>
>>61367136
You can point your own domain to google apps. No one will know unless they look at your MX domain records.
>>
>>61351627
I own the M50's and the drivers are already angled at 45 degrees. Apparently this helps with the soundstage but the other reason is that its supposed to simulate a listening experience closer to listening on studio monitors for more realistic mixing I guess. Would I need any plugins that simulate mixing on monitors if the drivers are already angled? I already mix on my headphones with a corrective EQ profile to flatten out the response of my M50's but should I be adding any more angle to the sound with another plugin?
>>
>>61367168
Huh?
I didn't know about that.
How do you do that?
>>
>>61365753
Oh, JD is kind of specialized for downloading from cyberlockers like Rapidgator and Netload. Maybe you want something more like DownThemAll?
>>
File: beer.jpg (23KB, 400x314px) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
23KB, 400x314px
is there something i can use to voice recognize spanish speech into so i can figure out what spanish words they are saying?
>>
>>61367168
>You can point your own domain to google apps
I know that, but I also want the privacy.
>>
Couldn't a BST be O(n)? Like if your root node is 10 and you only insert numbers less than the previous number inserted so 9, then 8, etc the search time for the lowest number would be O(n) no? Why is it considered O(log n)
>>
>>61366560
Still curious about this.
>>
File: 424.gif (64KB, 520x375px) Image search: [Google]
424.gif
64KB, 520x375px
>>61365639

Anyone?
>>
>>61366560
What's in the pics?
Some pic have metadata like location.
>>
>>61367582
Just date created and date modified.
>>
>>61367604
Looks like vacation photos mostly.
Mostly scenery.
>>
If I run a malformed/corrupted executable, can/how likely is it that it can damage the system?
>>
File: IMG_3781.jpg (37KB, 753x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3781.jpg
37KB, 753x601px
I've had some pretty bad hives for the past two days but I don't know which board would be the best to post a pic to do I can try and figure out what it is. That's the question. Help pls

Also, is the hackless-smartphone bubble about to burst? Will I ever get to wake up to an iPhone zero day?
>>
>>61367604
You need a program to read exif metadata
http://metapicz.com/
>>
File: 1436886275855.jpg (181KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1436886275855.jpg
181KB, 750x750px
>>61367017
>>61367093
pic related
>>
>>61367675
I'll give it a shot thanks
>>
What's the difference between settings and configuration?
>>
>>61367648
Never mind, I ran it anyway, hoping that it wouldn't be malformed, and it worked as intended.
For anyone wondering what I was doing, I cracked an old game by manually editing the executable.
>>
could someone summarise how mpc-be differs from mpc-hc, why it might be chosen instead? thanks
>>
How can I get sent an email when the price of an ebay item I'm watching changes?
>>
>>61367936
camelcamel maybe?

Is there a /g/ approved vpn provider that has servers in japan?
>>
>>61367936
make an ebay account?
>>
File: Samsung-SGH-C100-4.jpg (24KB, 360x479px) Image search: [Google]
Samsung-SGH-C100-4.jpg
24KB, 360x479px
>>61368241
Get C100
>>
File: Samsung C3590 - Silver.jpg (414KB, 1300x1520px) Image search: [Google]
Samsung C3590 - Silver.jpg
414KB, 1300x1520px
>>61351627
Is this a decent dumb/feature phone to use in Germany? I would prefer a flip phone.

Also, what would typically be recommended for something like this? Something well-made, cheap, functional, and not riddled with all the botnet?

Thanks in advance, /g/oys
>>
>>61368293
what about one that works with T-mobile in U.S.? know any good ones?
>>
is there a way to convert/copy/something a vlc playlist file (or the playlist while its open in vlc) so that i can play it in mpc-hc?
>>
File: nokia-130.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
nokia-130.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>61368294
I don't have much experience with flip phones at the moment, but I used a dumb phone from January until about two weeks ago when I upgraded to a Blackberry 8800 (purely for the keyboard).
I used the Nokia 130, which I would recommend since it's cheap, does everything I need it to, and the battery lasts about 2 weeks with regular use, 3 weeks if I don't need to use it much.
In terms of build quality it is plastic but I haven't been able to damage it. I threw it forcefully at the ground once to check and the worst that happened was that the battery fell out, which isn't really an issue. No damage to the actual phone itself
>>
for any aus /g/ users, my family is with one of telstra's subsidiaries 'belong' and we are getting the nbn setup with them, they sent us a small modem which hooks up to the indoor nbn box we will be getting soonish.

i dislike using ISP provided modems but not sure if we will be required to use it. Looking at their setup tutorial doesn't look like i will be required to use it but i haven't been keeping up to date with what little technology knowledge i had so im not sure.
>>
>>61368294
Samsung C270 was probably the best dumb phone I used to own. It was tiny, had absolutely nothing for it, not even a camera or a secondary screen. Just werked. Look for a used one online.
Mine was black
>>
>>61369925
Been working in aus ISPs for a while now, it shouldn't be required unless they have a specific TR-069 config set up. If you've got Dynamic IP or PPPoE details, you should be fine to use another modem.
>>
>>61370010
im more technologically inept then i thought, i only understood 'Dynamic IP'.

If my modem doesn't connect would it be smart to switch to a provider that will allow us to use our own modem or should we just stick to using theirs?
>>
>>61370124
90% chance you should be fine to use another modem, but you might need to call your ISP to find out what kind of config you need.

Do you know what type of NBN you have? FTTN/FTTH/HFC/Fixed Wireless etc?

Generally most services will be Dynamic IP (choose that option in your modem and the ISP handles the rest) or PPPoE (put in a username like [email protected] and a password and it authenticates you). TR-069 is a type of automatic modem configuration where they can push the right details to your modem automatically, but you normally need to be using the supplied model.

If you're not in a contract, I would encourage you to switch. Belong is pretty cancer. I've heard good things about Skymesh and Aussie Broadband, but I haven't tested them out myself. There's not a lot of good choices left in the NBN market after Internode got gutted.
>>
>>61370281
yeah, we are getting FTTN so we have to get those boxes.

I believe we aren't in a locked in contract at the moment so i will definitely check out those options. could i ask what modem you would recommend, i am currently using a netgear d6200 but now im not sure if im knowledgeable to pick out a decent modem.

cheers for the help so far.
>>
>>61370525
FTTN is terminated to a phone socket, anything past that is an ISP meme. NBN Fibre to the Node is just a specific implementation of VDSL2. FTTP/H and HFC are the ones where NBNco install a Network Termination Device.

The newer revisions of the D6200 will work with most varieties of FTTH/P and HFC, although some ISPs will require VLAN settings that it can't do.

For FTTN, check out https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/fttn_registered_modem_router. Try to avoid D-Link and ASUS.
>>
>>61370629
alright so it looks like the D6220 will work.
Sadly my mother is set on testing belong for now so wont get to switch until we see how it goes although i will proably force a switch if they say i can't use a different modem.

if a technician comes should i ask him questions regarding modem and other stuff or will he just bs me?
>>
Building a new gaming pc with a Kaby Lake processor and just found out Microsoft doesn't want to support it on anything but Win10.

Do I have to start using Windows 10 now? I'd prefer continuing with 7 instead.
>>
>>61363995
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 93 | 93 | 1 | 3 | 38 | 3 |

| lo0.lns20.bne7.on.ii.net - 7 | 73 | 68 | 59 | 310 | 626 | 428 |

| xe-1-3-0.cr1.bne4.on.ii.net - 6 | 77 | 73 | 38 | 306 | 616 | 428 |

| ae6.br1.syd7.on.ii.net - 7 | 73 | 68 | 214 | 456 | 749 | 573 |

| ae0.br1.syd4.on.ii.net - 7 | 73 | 68 | 75 | 338 | 636 | 440 |

| te0-0-0-0.br1.hkg2.on.ii.net - 6 | 77 | 73 | 191 | 440 | 751 | 554 |

| prolexic1-lacp-10g.hkix.net - 9 | 69 | 63 | 193 | 434 | 752 | 555 |

|a72-52-2-176.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com - 6 | 77 | 73 | 149 | 431 | 744 | 556 |

|a72-52-2-183.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com - 6 | 77 | 73 | 199 | 457 | 765 | 571 |

|a72-52-10-14.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com - 4 | 82 | 79 | 202 | 447 | 770 | 522 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
>>
lldb can't find my a.out executable. What should I do?
I use
lldb -d ./a.out breakpoint set -l 1
or similar commands but it doesn't work.
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.