[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a laptop, but you can't change GPU and CPU. Why the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Laptop.jpg (64KB, 475x268px) Image search: [Google]
Laptop.jpg
64KB, 475x268px
I have a laptop, but you can't change GPU and CPU. Why the fuck aren't they meant to be upgradeable? Why do industries solder them onto the motherboard?
>>
So you buy more
>>
>>61350889
*jewish hand rub
>>
>>61350889
/threab
>>
Free market doesnt care about modularity
They care about mih thinness
>>
>>61350875
>can't change CPU
ThinkPads (excluding nu-thinkpads) don't have this problem.

>can't change GPU
Integrated graphics is enough and if you need more then you should have a workstation, gaymer babbies can kys.
>>
>>61350923
>games are for children, I'm a smartass adult and I hate games
Why do oppress people who play games? Many of them are NORMAL! What you referring to are a vocal minority.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
>but you can't change GPU and CPU
wrong
>>
>>61350942
But not for me, who has chink Packard Bollocks laptop.
>>
>>61350875
I can change both on my W700DS, not that they need changing.
>>
>>61350937
I don't have an issue with those who play games on PC. But to expect a laptop to be as modular as a PC is pretty foolish.
>>
>>61350875
>cost-saving
>99.9% of user base will not care
>forces upgrades for business customers

pick 3 out of 3
>>
>>61350875
The same reason why manufactures solders the memories too and are starting to seal in the batteries and keyboards. Most users prefer shiny new replacement devices rather than maintaining an outdated junk.
>>
>>61350875
I would love a modular laptop. I think laptops should absolutely be modular. I don't know why they started the modular meme from smartphones, laptops would be easier to modify and modularity would be more useful in them. You buy your dream chassis and keep upgrading the parts in it so you can keep it forever.
>>
>shiny design
>replace outdated junk
Why can't do they both?
>>
File: left 4 dead 2 on expert.gif (3MB, 515x380px) Image search: [Google]
left 4 dead 2 on expert.gif
3MB, 515x380px
>>61350937
>"GAYMEING" audience is mostly children
>they will upgrade their GPU once every maybe 4 years, and do not have much money, so not only are they primary customer bases for ANY business that wants to succeed, they probably wouldn't be able to afford this shit in the first place, leading to zero sales
>"WHY ARE YOU OPPRESSING MEEEE"
do you fucking realize who you are
>>
>>61350875
Portable != modular
>>
>>61350875
PC aren't really upgradable either, each new CPU has a new socket.
>>
>>61351177
Yeah, but you can switch out a motherboard without much issue on a PC. This is not true for laptops, which are cramped for space.
>>
>>61351177
How inconvenient is that? Intel should go BGA only on the desktop.
>>
>>61350875
They chose portability over upgradability, having upgradable components means they'd be thicker, heavier, etc.
>>
>>61351222
Meh, some laptops still have some modularity. You can upgrade RAM, hard drives, and CPUs to a degree.
>>
makes me miss my old Dell Inspiron 5000e. Need better graphics processor? We have two more to choose from. Want it faster? Go right a head, swap out the proc yours shipped with for a faster one.
>>
>>61351232
>some
You mean every except for Macbooks?
>>
>>61351265
Can you update Chromebooks? I was under the impression that you couldn't.
>>
>>61351282
That's more like a glorified tablet.
>>
>>61351338
Not him, but way to move the goalposts.
>>
File: 1498996629276.jpg (96KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1498996629276.jpg
96KB, 640x619px
>>61351115
I'm 36 and still game on PC. My kids also game on PC. I upgrade my gpu every year and the kids get the old parts.

Most of the guys I game with are around my age or older.

This horseshit needs to die. I'd rather play a game for a couple of hours than watch some shitty TV show or e-celeb rant on jewtube rant.

I have a full time job as a network engineer and nigger, the last thing I want to do after a 10 hour day is work on some fucking passion project.
>>
>>61351357
Half of them are not even x86 based you dingus.
>>
>>61351364
"we want to appeal to the network engineer audience"
there's products that target people like you, check out the dragonbox pyra
it costs about 4x its competition because of how complicated and carefully everything has to be constructed.
When 99% of people don't care about something you want, YOU HAVE TO PAY THEIR SHARE
Assembly lines don't build themselves. R&D isn't out of the good of people's hearts.
>>
>>61350875
By the time a CPU or GPU upgrade is required the laptop is usually beat to hell and disgusting anyways. Better to just get a new one.
>>
>>61350875
Id forgive most of it if they'd just let you upgrade the SSD. Chromebooks with 32GB is absolute garbage. The minimal, tolerable drive size is 120GB
>>
>>61350942
You can change the components, but good luck finding any.
>>
>>61351776
I'd say 320 is the minimal size.
>>
>>61351776
Most chrome books let you swap in a new m.2
>>
>>61351391
No fuck. That looks like something an autist designed with crayons.

For my mobile gaming I use an xps with steamlink. Works fine at home if I don't want to sit at my PC.

The future is going to be streaming or gayming as a service. Hardware requirements will be minimal, especially if you can use your own PC as the server.
>>
>>61350875
Because muh thin
>>
If desoldering chips is too hard for you, you're probably retarded.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.