[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.battleforthenet.com/jul y12/ >The FCC wants t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

File: DOAGlobe800x800.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DOAGlobe800x800.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
https://www.battleforthenet.com/july12/
>The FCC wants to destroy net neutrality and give big cable companies control over what we see and do online. If they get their way, they’ll allow widespread throttling, blocking, censorship, and extra fees. On July 12th, the Internet will come together to stop them.

What is /g/ doing to save the Internet? Come on, let's get active NOW!
Don't get fooled by all the shills and shitposters.
>>
>>61341738
STOP WITH THE FUCKING SPAM, YOU CUNTS
>>
File: 11.png (351KB, 968x548px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
351KB, 968x548px
>>61341738
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_Action_to_Save_Net_Neutrality
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/07/todays-day-lets-save-net-neutrality
https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/12/15958030/net-neutrality-day-of-action-internet-companies-list

As citizens of the net it is our responsibility to protect the wellbeing of the Internet.
Call the FCC, apply pressure, spread the word about the campaign and why net neutrality is important, whatever you can do: start with it now!
Most importantly /g/ could help write the code for a more resilient, neutral, secure and privacy-respecting Internet. Stop coding that useless app/script of yours and start helping out important projects such as meshnet projects, IPFS, etc.
>>
>>61341762 Which irrelevant shitpost-thread do you fear of getting pushed off due to this one? What's your problem?
>>
Why do I read about this so often? Don't Americans ever get tired of this shit?
>>
File: fcc.jpg (141KB, 920x613px) Image search: [Google]
fcc.jpg
141KB, 920x613px
dearfcc . org
>>
>>61341982
Because companies like Google and Netflix are spamming this shit.

Don't let that distract you from the real problem: DRM going into the HTML5

This is a huge problem that is going to affect everyone who uses the internet. Unlike net neturality that only affects a few americans that use jewish internet service providers.
>>
>>61342134
>site is hosted in burgerland
>try to access site from yuropoorland
>slow because jew isp throttling
>>
File: ways1.jpg (356KB, 1920x1284px) Image search: [Google]
ways1.jpg
356KB, 1920x1284px
>>61342134 Not sure if advanced shill or serious.
Those companies are doing way too little to preventing this. They could lobbied effectively etc but they apparently didn't. they like to have good reputation though.
Net neutrality affects everyone. Also I'm not sure if in this case only Americans will be affected directly. Indirectly people of other countries will be affected as well!
>>
>>61342405
Useful idiots like you tells me these companies are actually doing a lot. There was even a huge red banner in all Google's websites yesterday, so they are doing a lot to push this.

Like I said this is nothing compared to DRM in HTM5
>>
Thank you murrica!
>>
>>61342467 I was telling you they weren't doing enough. Just because some companies are getting behind this as they should it doesn't mean that the cause or campaign has any flaws. Didn't see that Google banner but I'd thank Google for that. But thanks for bringing DRM back to my mind - almost forgot about it. Doesn't make this less worse though.
>>
>no website has the guts to shut theirsite down or atleast have a fullscreen pop up

Fucking reddit, the leader of the net neutrality clusterfuck, has only changed their logo header to an animated gif
>>
File: IMG_1097.jpg (24KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1097.jpg
24KB, 258x245px
>americucks will collectively get jewed, once again
>>
File: 11329157.jpg (104KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
11329157.jpg
104KB, 469x469px
/r/the_donald faggots are in overdrive right now, there was a noticeable uptick in anti-net-neutrality comments a few hours ago, because americans are coming back from high school or their minimum wage jobs. they are definitely coordinating this from their discord channels or whatever

of course these faggots want net neutrality gone because:

1. "it will triggur duh librulz"
2. they don't realize it is a ploy to shut down websites like 4chan where you can get away with supporting trump and other right wing idiocy
3. their parents pay the internet bill because they aren't old enough

even if it is lost at least there will be significantly fewer burgerposters
>>
posted this in /pol/ too, need more answers

http://www.strawpoll.me/13420194
>>
>>61343108
>strawpoll
Seriously these polls are so easy to rig. You can literally learn programming writing such a thing it's that easy.
>>
>>61342134
no. usa net neutrality is global and europoors have the same shit they're trying to pull over there
>>
>>61341738
>muh freedumb
This shit is too funny.
>>
>>61341738
Fuck off with your government shilling. The less the government has in controlling the internet the better. Recent actions by the EU and the UK have demonstrated that we have FAR more to fear from the government than private companies. Only people who want NN are google/bezos shills and poorcucks who live in some shitty rural town with only one ISP.
>>
File: 1497520400211.gif (1MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1497520400211.gif
1MB, 255x191px
>>61343877
>The less the government has in controlling the internet the better.
>>
>enabling more corporate greed by having the isp do what (((they))) want
fucking globalist kikes
>>
>>61343877
you are literally retarded. please dude. at least pretend to know what you're talking about when you troll.

fuck this alt-right horseshit, net neutrality is such a clear cut good thing, but now we have dumbshits brainwashed by their favorite news networks shilling against it, it's unbelievable.
>>
>>61343991
>it's unbelievable
it's social media
>>
>>61341738
Funny, i only see people spamming for net neutrality. Not a peep from the anti-skub people.
>>
>suck government cock
>Or suck corporate cock
Nice freedom Americans, freedom to choose who gets to fuck you in the ass...
>>
reminder that we are being raided by reddit. the same people that believe it is okay to lie if they believe they are doing good.

fuck you
>>
>>61344051 I'm not spamming while like 80% of this board's threads are shitposts.

But sure, we should do more. Here are some things people can do:
* Creating useful websites including a website for crowdsourcing ideas for how people could contribute and organizing
* Helping with software for a more resilient, neutral and secure Internet
* Creating creative/useful images and webms
* Getting other people and communities aware and involved
* dearfcc . org
* Calling the FCC
* (expanding this list)
>>
>>61342467
whats with the whole html 5 drm thing
>>
>>61343877
you realize that a lot of that one provider in the rural area is intentional right?
>>
File: net_neutrality_by_tafkah-dbewwmm.jpg (119KB, 736x1085px) Image search: [Google]
net_neutrality_by_tafkah-dbewwmm.jpg
119KB, 736x1085px
https://vimeo.com/222706185
>>
>>61341738
>what is /g/ doing?
nothing, I tried talking to normalfags like op about this quite some time ago, but I'm tired of that, it's happening, we've made our bed
>>
I just don't get how you can be against net neutrality and not be a gigantic fucking retard.
>>
>>61342467
HTML5 has always been a mistake, W3C has always been a bunch of cucklords
You can easily just not use HTML5
>>
>>61343877
The government it's literally the only reason why telecoms are so fucked in the US, it literally is full of big ISP shills pushing laws to kill the competition
NN it's a bad stop gap to keep the market sane, but shits so fucked this is the best that can be done
>>
I've called a few of my congressmen and sent a message via OP's link (with custom message).

>>61342923
First time you access the site today, a slow text crawl pops up, but can be dismissed by clicking pretty much anywhere. You can test this in a private browsing window.
They should've artificially slow-loaded the entire site, honestly.

>>61343097
>large company
>catering to liberal left who want more restrictions on them
They might shut down 4chan, but it won't be because this site has right-wingers on here. It'll be because we have suggestions for alternative services to use if the ones in bed with ISPs decide to suck massive cock and throw consumers into a figurative ditch.

>>61344259
n-nonsense, corporations are inherently ethical!!
>>
bump
>>
File: net neutrality.png (154KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
net neutrality.png
154KB, 800x600px
>>61344234
That picture could use some work.
>>
>>61341738
Without a free market the people will not be free.

Netneutrality is Communism.
>>
>>61342196
Server providers will move out of America. Free market at work.
>>
>>61349211
Forgot the wedding ring
>>
File: IMG_0280.gif (1MB, 374x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0280.gif
1MB, 374x180px
>>61349211
Perfect
>>
>>61349517
A free market immediately dissolves into a non free market without a neutral third party to enforce neutrality.
>>
>>61349517
> communism
>>
why do jews hate freedom?
>>
>>61343097
I'm on the right, but I do admit the majority are clueless about net neutrality. They think it's big government controlling the internet, when it's really laws stopping Comcast from throttling the web.
>>
>>61345851
No retard, net neutrality is a bandaid to an issue that we already have, removing will not help, it will only hurt because what small startup is going to invest multi billions it would take into making the internet?

While we still rely on wired internet, and this will be the foreseeable future, we can't have isps without net neutrality or life will be hell.
>>
>>61349517
all traffic is equal.

If I want youtube, it should come to be just as fast as the streaming shit my isp owns
>>
>>61349704
Jews hate the constitution, because it enforces freedom.
>>
>>61349639
yea... no they won't, otherwise they would all reside in the cheapest place with the least laws.
>>
>>61342467
who the actual fuck cares? I mean seriously, literally everything you do besides pirate has drm in it now, this fight has been lost a decade + ago

isps are currently trying to segment the internet more than intel segments their cpus and verizon is already showing how they will do it on cellphones with their streaming services not counting against your cap but others do.

the internet is fucking internet, all data is equal, instead of unlimited streaming off their shit, unlimited internet for everything, as your fucking towers can obviously handle it if you are doing this shit.
>>
>>61341982
Yes we get tired of this shit, but the way our system works is every year or so fagots try to re introduce shit that no one wants, over and over again, till they break us.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.