[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am getting a computer and I need a USB wireless adapter for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I am getting a computer and I need a USB wireless adapter for it. What does this mean? Is that a router? Help me I am a noob
>>
A review says "There is NOT enough room to install a network card, the card will overlap the graphics card cooler fan which is not a good thing to do." Do I need something special or just plug a router in?
>>
>>61329254
I mean, I don't know how to code or even put a computer together anon but for fucks sake
You can't possibly be this stupid
A USB wireless adapter means your computer doesn't have a built-in WiFi card
It's an adapter that plugs into a port on your computer which in turn connects to your router and therefore the internet
In other words
>Computer cannot into internet
>No built-in internet
>USB Adapter plug it in
>Internet yaaay
>>
>>61329439
so wait i need a router and an adapter?
>>
>>61329467
Honest question, how the fuck did you even find your way to this website and figure out how to post?
>>
>>61329490
I've only used laptops since I was like 12, I haven't used a desktop in a decade
>>
File: spoonfeedmepls.jpg (10KB, 194x249px) Image search: [Google]
spoonfeedmepls.jpg
10KB, 194x249px
>>61329467
>Help me I am a noob
No. You're a retard.

If you want you computer to be able to connect to WiFi you need to have a wireless adapter. This can come built in, or it can be attached via USB.

A router is something different. Normally this is the box the internet people setup in your house. Its the thing that provides you with wireless internet to connect to.
>>
>>61329490
So to be clear, you are at the level that you don't know the difference between a USB wireless adapter and a router? How are you currently connected to the internet?
>>
Use an Ethernet cord.

If you're too retarded for that, a USB wireless adapter is simply an external wireless card that you plug into your computer, which connects to your router.
>>
>>61329467
whoops see
>>61329490
>>
>>61329532
jesus christ his retardation has infected me, I'm out.
>>
i just realized how dumb i am for asking this, i got it nevermind
>>
what could
>usb
>wireless
>adapter
possibly mean?
>>
This whole thread is a bait, or the OP is seriously retarded.
>>61329467
>>
Going to be getting a new router and modem. For router was thinking the Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 or the AC2600.

What's a good modem? I really don't know much about this stuff. I see that Amazon recommends the CM500 or CM700. Thoughts?

Sorry if I sound like a retard, just want opinions before purchasing.
>>
>>61329504
How does your laptop connect to the internet?
>>
>>61329254
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=USB+wireless+adapter&tbs=imgo:1

It connects your pc to a wireless router, it requires driver, usually found on the disc that you get when you buy one of these adapters.
>>
>>61329520
The only answer.
Wi-Fi is the slutnet
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.