[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw all of those barely used second hand graphics cards that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170711-083909_01.png (525KB, 1080x1841px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170711-083909_01.png
525KB, 1080x1841px
>mfw all of those barely used second hand graphics cards that are about to flood the market
>>
File: 1498336459472.png (233KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1498336459472.png
233KB, 808x805px
I go to /g/ to escape /biz/. Make it stop
>>
>>61316583
BUY THE DIP!!!

I AM NOT DELUSIONAL!!!
>>
Fucking hell, /biz/ is hilarious. It's like a textbook case of how to doing everything wrong in investment.
>>
>>61316640
B-buy high, sell low
>>
>>61316583
>Ethereum
>35% drop in value
I hate to revel in the misfortunes of others, but I cannot help it in this case.
>>
>>61316583
>barely used
>maximum load 24/7 for weeks
Lol
>>
File: Screenshot_20170711-040349.png (274KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170711-040349.png
274KB, 1440x2560px
>>61316583
Miners don't typically stop once setup.

There are roughly 3 months of mining Ethereum left according to what people are saying. After that there's still potential profit to be made by mining altcoins and converting them into non-shitcoins.

To officially kill mining Ethereum needs to reach around $80 USD.
>>
>>61316776
Like this anon said, anyone who's mining is already invested and going strong. The main mining places (low electronic cost such as Manitoba) will continue to have their rigs going full tilt.

Etherum will still be mined as long as it's worth over 100 in the average place as it will stay profitable until then.

After three months the life of etherum hinges solely on its ability to rise back up in concert with the difficulty increase.

As I'm currently mining on a few rigs from my old bitcoin days and some friends old cards (3 7970 , a 390, a 280, 2rx480, and one gtx 970) I can assure you with my electricity costs I'm currently able to run all of them profitably. The etherum must drop to 90 for my cards to stop making money. My cutoff will be $70 as I have faith in it's ability to rebound and I will cutoff mining at 5months if no longer profitable.

Also in case anyone was interested the rigs are all in my basement where I have an air filter and a few fans for circulation. The room is a little warmer than the house. The air filter has been a huge help reducing clogging when I'm away.
>>
>>61316730
Apparently the process of mining eth is bound by gpu memory and memory bandwidth. For this reason it's not really maximum load in the same sense as it was with bitcoin. Some are even undervolting their cards to save power.
>>
>>61316595
Just looked at /biz/. Shit is going down, I hope someone saves all those red wojac reaction images.
>>
https://youtu.be/SiXS_jjJYY8
>>
Honestly, if someone would make an ethereum based coin, with smart contracts and elastic, crowd-decided of mining schedules, with slight inflationary tendencies in the long run, it would be cash.
>>
>>61316583
runs at
>100 Celsius
>24/7
>For 2 months
Are by any chance tech illiterate??????
You will be lucky to get a 1060 for 320$ in aits all melted glory and a lifespan of max 1 year.
>>
>>61318226

>Are by any chance tech illiterate??????

You're literally basing your opinion on assumption rather than any shred of evidence you might have on their reliability.
>>
>>61316583
what caused this?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.