[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microcontroller thread What are you working on goyim? I am working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: stm32.jpg (119KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
stm32.jpg
119KB, 1000x1000px
Microcontroller thread
What are you working on goyim?

I am working with an stm32 to make an HTTP file server (using an ESP8266) to serve files in a thumb drive. For starters, I've figured out how to use stm32 (first time with 32 bit ARMs, I just gave used AVRs and 8051/2s before)
>>
>>61312815
Why don't start using RISC-V microcontrollers instead?
>>
>>61312840
In time, I will
>>
>>61312815
you should think about using MQTT to save yourself a lot of overhead. if you're doing what i think you're doing you can set up a few MQTT topics corresponding to directories and send chunked binary payloads to those topics in a recursive fashion.
>>
>>61313499
But browsers don't speak mosquito.
>>
>>61313555
what I like to do is set up mosquitto (the typical lightweight mqtt broker) and then put the records into a queue or even better a nosql table. then you just pull the records out in order later, string the binary chunks together and recompose the files. If you're just making a page for stuff yeah stick with http
>>
>>61312815
putting forth on an arm cortex m0

feels good man
>>
>>61312815
Esp8266 solo for a device which will email upon pin change or adc threshold. Programmable via USB serial with menus and can use sd if you want to log or use spiffs for initial settings on power up.

It was originally a sump pump alarm but I decided to make it react to multiple pin changes, have a keep alive message and calendar scheduler, use Ntp, and so on.

I did it because such a device seems not to exist in the market unless its part of a home security camera system, or requires some sort of subscription.
>>
>>61313499
I'll be writing a minimalistic web server for the system. The stm32 will talk to esp8266 over uart, the stm will parse the request and talk to a USB device or an SD card over SPI and then read the file and send it over in the form of a nice http request

I'm aware I will be limited by the low data rates of uart
>>
>>61312815
Writing a small OS built on top of a self-implemented forth essentially as a single-chip retro computer.
>>
>>61315663
oh this is you, im the dingus in the other thread posting code for a webserver. i didnt realise you were using an stm32.. i definitely think you should try and get something working with espeasy now, you can toggle ping high and low by just hitting a url on the esp, writing your own webserver is too much of a pain if you want to do it properly with DMA and proper http handling, if I had know about espeasy back then I wouldn't have bothered
and as other anons have mentioned you can connect to an mqtt server later so if you decide to automate a few things you can run an openhab server and it will integrate without any work
>>
File: DSC05685.jpg (628KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05685.jpg
628KB, 1920x1080px
>>61317095
my desk right now :^)
>>
File: DSC05686.jpg (737KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05686.jpg
737KB, 1920x1080px
>>61317129
also the stm32f1s i have on hand.. of course have some f4s and others, also have other radios, nodemcu and xbee compatable
>>
you can develop on stm32 with a software i participated in develloping: it's called System Workbench for STM32 and it's a free plugin on Eclipse.

http://www.ac6-tools.com/

i'm currently working on another software which is another Eclipse plugin that lets you customize / configure / compile an embedded linux :)
>>
>>61317129
>using chip subsidized by Chinese government to be sold at below cost in order to push other nations' chip companies out of business
'MURICA!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.