[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if you made a version of irc that works like discord? >text

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Discord-Feature-Graphic.png (39KB, 1024x500px) Image search: [Google]
Discord-Feature-Graphic.png
39KB, 1024x500px
What if you made a version of irc that works like discord?

>text is uneditable because that is a stupid feature
>emoji are sendable through irc
>if you want to send a picture of fancy emoji or gif or other content you send a url and if there's a picture or video at that url and you are in the web client it will automatically put it in there for you
>if you are in the text client you just see the url in pliantext

This would basically kill discord.
>>
>>61299759
Yes, let's make one more competing projects to once and for all replace the 100+ existing ones
>>
>>61299759
What you're asking for is similar to Matrix.

We have a web gateway at https://totallysafe.website and semi-regular threads on this board, if you want to try that out.

>>61297601
>>
>>61299768
no basically it is just a special irc client that treats urls different
>>
>>61299759
>This would basically kill discord.
Are you unable to comprehend the concept of convenience? Do you think that removing features a majority of people use will draw them to you? You barely put any thought into this. Go back and try again.
>>
>>61299759
Just use https://github.com/khyperia/weechat-discord or https://github.com/42wim/matterbridge and stop trying to reinvent the wheel.
>>
>what is irccloud
>>
>>61299759
>>if you want to send a picture of fancy emoji or gif or other content you send a url and if there's a picture or video at that url and you are in the web client it will automatically put it in there for you
>>if you are in the text client you just see the url in pliantext
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
>>
The point of discord is that it not only replaces irc, but also teamspeak/skype.
This is the reason why a lot of people switch, not chat-channels.
>>
>>61299759
Wire
>>
>>61301060

yeah, discord aims to replace voice and text chat apps
>>
>>61299759
I think discord will die pretty soon unless they start serving ads
someone's got to pay the botnet bill
>>
>>61299759
>This would basically kill discord.
It wouldn't even touch Discord, Discord already has too much people on it and nobody would use "literally who's?" software from 4cucks.
Also Discord is not just a text chat, it's VOIP and will have video chat and screen sharing.
>>
>>61299759
It already exists you newfag
>What is riot
>>
>>61299759
So exactly how IRC works now? Yet I still don't see it killing Discord.
>>
There are plenty of IRC clients that parse image URLs, discord didn't invent that you know.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.