[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know the function of this component on the motherboard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: gigamother.png (296KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
gigamother.png
296KB, 425x425px
Does anyone know the function of this component on the motherboard? On mine it's damaged and I'm not sure what it's for.
>>
>>61298075
>>61298075
Ok retarded that is named a motherboard. It happens to attract a lot of fucking morons who think one image depicts the component they are speaking about.

Fucking end yourself.
>A user manual or online diagram can tell you.
>>
>>61298075
Hurrr Derrr
>>>/g/ must be educated and must act as help desk quality divisors for me.

KYS cunt.
>>
>>61298075
Take a better picture you fucking retard, do you expect me to be able to see that?
>>
>>61298075
>gigamother
>>
That's a surface mounted capacitor used for decoupling controller pins
>>
>>61298075
The fuck do you expect us to say.

Oh it is that so and so component found on common boards. I mean mate, you cannot expect us to give you the precise component name then be happy to help you since you failed to do any research online.

>Just upgrade the board and stop fucking around with the idea that you could repair it
>Implying you even knew that part if broken and not just assuming
>>
s-sorry guys I don't know a lot about electronics. it's an older board, gigabyte ga-ma790x-ud4p. that piece of the motherboard is burned but it still functions just fine. I'll try to get a better picture.
>>
>>61298075
That component is vital an irreplaceable.
Drop your motherboard into the trash and give it a viking funeral.
>>
>>61298153
It a voltage terminator/regulator actually.

For audio or graphical controllers.
>>
>>61298178
So if it's damaged some part of the onboard audio may not function?
>>
>>61298075
its the de-faggotizer, without it you become an even larger faggot and are allowed to post on 4chan.
>>
>>61298175
I am a programmer. I could not give a fuck about anything past logic gates however, if I wanted to know the answer to your question I would search diagrams online and not rely on 4chan to answer. Being educated and self education or comparable to an employed black person and a jew saving money. Who do you think would be richer.
>>
>>61298178
That is not a voltage regulator
>>
>>61298075
Put it in the oven @500 for 4 days. Works every time.
>>
>>61298202
>on 4chan
>a board for MLP actually exists

where do u think you are, son?
>>
That would be your quauntodynamic encryptochip, it is designed to remind you how much of a faggot your are
>>
>>61298075
Its the soundcard.
>>
>>61298201
If it's a voltage regulator, being a bit cooked doesn't mean it has failed. Those things sometimes run hot.
>>
>>61298201
When you go tiny, as in micro, you can have things burn out but still work. This happens since the gaps between completing the circuit is small. It might work but it would be forcing the electrical energy to jump. They may even be redundancy, or it could operate without it but risk other components.
>>
>>61298227
they have special jew motherboards im afraid, nothing we can do.
>>
>>61298210
Bus terminator, whatever.

The image is limited and even the best would be searching google. Anyone here would take a guess but none of us designed the board so meh.

Knowing what is will not reward anyone. You're helping OP with an answer to a question that does not matter. Personally I would throw the board in the bin since it is using ddr2/3 ram.
>>
File: betterpicofgigamutha.png (264KB, 609x216px) Image search: [Google]
betterpicofgigamutha.png
264KB, 609x216px
Here is a better pic.
>>
>>61298314
It is a surge protector.

Fuck we were all off.
>>
>>61298244
Ok thanks. Would it be unsafe to use this motherboard because of this? I don't necessarily care a lot about the board I just don't want to risk any other hardware attached to it.
>>
>>61298314
That's the CPU
>>
>>61298238
>>61298233

Ok thanks.
>>
>>61298112
>Ok retarded that is named a motherboard
oi mate you'd not be happenings t'be shittin' on the boy's gigamother now would ya topet tobak?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.