[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do you get a job as a programmer when the pajeets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1431201647876.jpg (112KB, 1060x404px) Image search: [Google]
1431201647876.jpg
112KB, 1060x404px
how the fuck do you get a job as a programmer when the pajeets are doing it all remotely?
>>
File: glasses_guy.png (104KB, 477x355px) Image search: [Google]
glasses_guy.png
104KB, 477x355px
>>61296851
Move to India brah
>>
File: 1498504163031.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1498504163031.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>Pretend to be a pajeet
>Fake all your credentials and certifications like a real pajeet would
>Now you're free to do awful code from home and if anyone ever dares to complain just play the racism card
>Free money for selling the same piece of code copypasted from stack overflow to multiple clients
>>
>>61296851
>programming
>job

is this some kind of bad troll?
>>
Bite the bullet and get your CCNA. Network admin jobs might not pay as well as software dev jobs, but they're more readily available and slightly more difficult to outsource.
>>
>>61296905

This.
>>
>>61296871
This. As a junior software engineer you make between 10 and 20 times more money in the US than as senior with a PhD in the third world. So basically, move to some third world country, live in some gated community and work remotely for half of what you would make in the US: you would still be literally rich in the third world.
>>
Move out of Burgerland.

Seriously, every place in the world outside it is starving for programmers.
>>
Stop applying to worthless positions.
>>
File: don't.jpg (71KB, 1080x687px) Image search: [Google]
don't.jpg
71KB, 1080x687px
just start a business or some shit get ideas stop being a faggot
>>
>>61296905
>they're more readily available
Literally false.

t. Somebody who has been looking around for a non-trash NOC position for 6 years
If you don't have at least 3 secondary CCNA certifications (wireless, security, and switching are the best to go for, apparently) then you should just go straight for your CCNP.
Also you'll need MCSA in both (yes, both), 2008 and 2012, and if you want a real edge 2016.
Probably an S+ for good coverage too.
Admin jobs are hard as fuck to get because there's only one of them for every 2000 employees in a company, and most companies aren't remotely that big, and a huge number of them have started outsourcing that responsibility to 3rd party IT companies.

Leverage your skills and get a DevOps job instead, they're super easy and pay a shitload.
>>
You picked the wrong field.
Learn how to be a system admin while you still can and become an MSP
Pajeets can't teleport.... yet
>>
there's literally a shitload of programmer jobs out there

stop being picky and make your $15 an hour until you get experience and a good portfolio built up faggot

i work from home in bumfuck kentucky programming financial shit in COBOL and make more than my nurse practitioner wife drinking coffee in my pajamas
>>
>>61296851
You don't. Major in Accountancy.
>>
Those are only entry level shit jobs that you shouldn't be aiming for in the first place.

They may be able to program better than you but they have no business sense. Most businesses have to hire on additional people between administration and the programmers because they think they're all autistic theory shits. If you can demonstrate that you can understand what the target audience or client is going to want, you've just saved the business an additional wage per year which is more than over the difference of "saving" by hiring a pajeet.
>>
>>61296851
You're not gonna work as a programmer, period. Unless you're willing to work for $3/hour.

Stop dreaming about being a code monkey, geez! Study software engineering and get a Scrum Master certification and you'll find a GOOD job at software development - not writing code, but running the pajeets who do.

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>61296905
>>61297076
>>61297094
Haha no, IT is shit. It's just memeing up against proprietary software that you have no control over until the business realizes you along with any other possible IT are worthless because of this very reason. Even if you own your own IT company, you're fucked because one day this will happen to your client and they will just drop you.
>>
Have a resume that stands out. Pajeets code shit. Show you're not a shit
>>
>>61296851
Many jobs are done remotely. You get the job by being better.
>>
>>61298000
>I am a retard
>>
>>61296851
Get a government job as a contractor. For security reasons they can't hire pajeets to do it.
>>
>>61298194
>my clients haven't experienced their shitty software exploding yet so I haven't been on "the call"
>>
>>61298208
This

You can retire in 20ish years IIRC
>>
>>61297096
How do you get a work from home programming job?

What qualifications do you need?
>>
File: 1484853484153.jpg (11KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
1484853484153.jpg
11KB, 300x270px
>tfw token white guy with all the indians and chineses
>>
>>61298593
i had an associate's degree in programming/software development and 2 years of work experience working for my school's work study program as a webdev

have a good base of languages and a good resume and tell them what they want to hear in interviews

remote jobs don't pay that well compared to being in the office, but you don't spend anything on eating out or traveling so it evens out in my opinion
>>
>>61296851
Try not to have that mindset going into things cause that negativity will show and your chances for getting a job will suffer from it.
All I did was program everyday and go to local usergroups, took about a year. Also i'm white as snow.
>>
>>61296851
You out program the indians so the indians can't steal your job anymore.
>>
>>61296851
They're not
You do some projects, summarize them on your resume, demo them at interviews, and get a job

Don't be a bitch
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.