[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 47

File: aDw4QnG_460s_v1.jpg (83KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
aDw4QnG_460s_v1.jpg
83KB, 460x460px
>>
I hate programming, can I get a better job than that with a comp sci degree?
>>
how come in england the water goes left around the plug hole but in ant articta it just goes down themidle?
>>
Im playing with some kernel patches and i need to change the name.What files in the kernel tree do i need to modify? I found the makefile variable but i cant seem to find the headers that change the name and other relevant info
>>
>>61296440
Sure, computer science isn't really about programming. You should end up as a project supervisor or something with a degree like that.
>>
>>61296451
The name of what?

>>61296440
DBA
>>
>>61296407
How hard would it be to program a 4chan web extension that would copy the contents the OP when you open a thread, search it exactly on google, and if there are any results it would know it is a copy pasta and inform you in big red letters next to the post?
>>
>>61296427
But I do have one of those adapters around, there are 2 white plastic things on one end and they both lead to a GPU connector though.
>>
>>61296440
What do you like, anon?
>>
what's the best computer related degree for becoming a professional NEET
>>
>>61296476
Going to school is the literal opposite of being a professional NEET.
>>
>>61296463
Basically everything that is printed from u n a m e - a.I found the makefile versions and the name,but some of the outputted text was not in that version file
>>
File: adepter.jpg (104KB, 1299x1299px) Image search: [Google]
adepter.jpg
104KB, 1299x1299px
>>61296469
I mean this shit
>>
>>61296463
>DBA
That's like getting an engineering degree and working as a janitor.
>>
>>61296498
If you fully trust the ratings of the PSU, it's borderline. I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>61296498
housefire tier, do not use those
>>
>>61296451
You mean the version string? It's generated from the main Makefile, to add a bit on the end add it to the EXTRAVERSION = line
>>
>>61296535
What about the os name and kernel name.
>>
>>61296520
Yeah I just calculated online an it says its 300W total under load with a 6850, I think a Cyclone r6850 draws even more, doesn't sound safe. Is there any benefit of using a dedicated GPU for this Celeron 450 setup for browsing and watching videos and etc, anyway?

Also I just checked the mobo and it says it supports DDR3 1066, can I put some old 2x2GB 1600 RAM sticks on it? Or will it run slower due to socket limitations? I think there's already 2x2GB RAM sticks in it, I bet you can't put all those together and get 8GB right

>>61296531
Also mine is different because there are only 6 connectors on the black end and not 8
>>
>>61296493
Ah, I did look into that at one point regarding the OS being reported as GNU/Linux, that is set in glibc (or uname I don't remember). There is a big switch case but for anything running Linux kernel and not musl libc it falls back to returning the g/l string which is set at compile time based on the hosts libc.
>>
>>61296570
Using a more modern GPU that more widely supports video decode could be useful, a 6850 not really.

Faster rated RAM will work fine so long as it's the same type, but you usually won't get the higher speed. You probably can use the two old + two new sticks to get 8GB.
>>
>>61296594
It comes from uname function in kernel, not in libc. You can change it in the generated file source/include/linux/uts.h
>>
Can a bitcon miner/virus/malware that is using resources on my Pc stay hidden from task manager usage? I.e if I'm currently using %20 of gpu and cpu and a bitcoin miner is using %50 of both, can it hide showing %50 and only show %20?
>>
>>61296627
Uname doesn't just echo that, it uses it to decide what to say.
>>
>>61296627
That has UTS_SYSNAME " Linux"
Where would the OS name be set?
>>
>>61296634
To elaborate if I'm using a resource monitoring program to check pc usage, can a bitcoin miner hide itself from showing it's using resources on my Pc?
>>
Best way to advertise small business? Got a website.
>>
>>61296650
What exactly do you mean by OS name?

>>61296649
uname(1) just echos what it gets from uname(2), which has it's responses from the #defines in uts.h
>>
I have a server rack I got for free, can't think of anything to do with it. Pls help, no mining or minecraft server bs pls
>>
>>61296570
>mine is different because there are only 6 connectors on the black end and not 8
it might work, but I'd still recommend keeping a fire extinguisher near your PC just in case.
>>
>>61296464
>not being able to spot copypasta when you see it

>>61296696
hoard data and make it your personal media portal
>>
Can't download anything from the Playstation Store lately. Can't figure out why. Could it be because I have NAT type 3?
>>
What would be a better GPU to go with a Xeon E5450 at 3.0ghz and 8gb of 800mhz DDR2? A 1050 or a 1050TI? I know the CPU is almost a decade old, but it holds surprisingly well in most games, however more CPU intensive games like Battlefield 1 will take its toll.
>>
>>61296700
it's this one, looking for a pic of a r6850 I accidentally found it, it's exactly this

But I'm not wanting to risk it, there's no benefit of putting a dedicated GPU for a PC for browsing, I guess
>>
Currently running a super minimal Arch i3 install, I have so far automated netctl and riced ranger, zsh and ofcourse, i3
what should I do next?
Got 1 more free day before I start working again
>>
>>61296440
IT consultant, or some similar position where it's more about social and economic/business skills than technical skills.
I hope you took a minor in business or economy, instead of taking a meme minor like Mathematics!
>>
Can I pull a secondary HDD out of my PC without turning the desktop off? Just formatted it and want to use it somewhere else
>>
>>61296708
Lol not too sure the idle wattage would be worth paying for that.
>>
>>61296746
nope, you'll fry it
>>
What's the point of internally saving image data on 32 bit RGBA with floating point precision if it gets displayed on 8 bit anyway?
>>
>firefox acting up and bugging out with windows turning black
>end the process in task manager
>go to start firefox back up
>pitch black screen
>continue to try to kill process and start back up, keeps on having a pitch black screen or gives me an error telling me firefox can't start up and to try in safe mode
>say fuck this,been meaning to switch to a fork of firefox for a while anyways
>download palemoon via MS edge
>go to start palemoon up
>palemoon crashes the moment it starts up too every time I try it

help?
>>
>>61296781
chrome bruh, it's so fucking good they built an os around it
>>
>>61296781
random thought, not really helping you but, could new ff be broken on the shitfest win10 is? They'd probably test most of the situations but could it possibly be broken by default depending on a combination of stuff youve altered there?
>>
>>61296746
If it's SATA, yes, it's hot swappable. Make sure you ejected/unmounted it first.
>>
>>61296801
Even if I were to switch to chrome I still want to know what the fuck is going on here

>>61296810
I haven't updated firefox in months though, so it wouldn't be that.
>>
>>61296691
The output of
uname --operating-system
>>
I'm trying to mass-convert png files to webp, but cwebp doesn't seem to let me use wildcards at all. Since I don't want to put up with doing each file individually, does anyone know the proper way of doing this? I tried Googling it, but had no luck.

Ideally it should be something I can do with a batch file so that I can quickly add it to the context menu for PNG files
>>
>>61296447
Turn on your spell-check, you fuckin' need it.
>>
>>61296603
also I'm retarded, the board is a micro ATX and it only has 2 RAM slots, so no 2+2+2+2 deal
>>
>>61296846
Paste the command line you're using
>>
>>61296840
That's in uts.h
>>
What's the benefit of an external hard drive that's powered separately from the usb port?
Also, what's the most reliable hard drive?
>>
>>61296935
This is all i have in uts
#ifndef _LINUX_UTS_H
#define _LINUX_UTS_H

/*
* Defines for what uname() should return
*/
#ifndef UTS_SYSNAME
#define UTS_SYSNAME "Linux"
#endif

#ifndef UTS_NODENAME
#define UTS_NODENAME CONFIG_DEFAULT_HOSTNAME /* set by sethostname() */
#endif

#ifndef UTS_DOMAINNAME
#define UTS_DOMAINNAME "(none)" /* set by setdomainname() */
#endif

#endif

>>
Whenever I try to run pcsx2 it always crashes if I plug my ds3 into the computer before I start emulating, e.g if I left my ds3 connected by usb whilst turning my comp on or plugged it in before starting pcsx2 it will crash immediately.
Any idea what this could be?
I remember my driver install being pretty sketchy using SCP but it works if I plug the controller in after emulation starts.
>>
>>61296953
>What's the benefit of an external hard drive that's powered separately from the usb port?
Nothing, it has entirely to do with how much power the drive itself needs. Typically drives that are 3.5" and not 2.5" will require seperate power supplies.
Although I guess a secondary advantage of this is the drive won't suddenly power off in the event of power surges/system shutdown?

>Also, what's the most reliable hard drive?
WD and Hitatchi have the best reliability rates, although Seagate is making a recovery in that.
>>
>>61296959
That's it, UTS_SYSNAME
>>
>>61296447
They go in the same direction, but people in articta are upside down watching the water go up the drain.
>>
>>61296935
>>61296691
Wrong

>>61296840
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/tree/src/uname.c#n371
HOST_OPERATING_SYSTEM is set from gnulib (which is pulled down in the ./bootstrap script in coretulis src) and is defined here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/m4/host-os.m4#n51
As you can see GNU uname doesn't care what libc you are running, it just automatically reports anything on a linux kernel as running GNU/Linux.
>>
>>61296920
Alright, here's what I put in and what I get out. I also need to keep the original filename as well, although I didn't put it in the command line since it makes its own error

cwebp.exe -lossless -z 9 *.png -o test.webp
SHCreateStreamOnFileA(filename, STGM_READ, stream) failed 8007007b
Error opening input file *.png (8007007b)
OpenInputStream(filename, &stream) failed 8007007b
cannot open input file '*.png'
Error! Could not process file *.png
Error! Cannot read input picture file '*.png'
>>
>>61296984
Thats the kernel name( -s),the operating system(-o) would be reported as GNU/Linux.
>>
how good is phone VR nowadays

is a 20 dollar headset worth a few faps?
>>
>>61296742
I actually do have a meme minor in Marketing and Project Management but I am ugly as fuck and have autism
>>
>>61296994
for file in *.png
do
cwebp.exe -lossless -z 9 "$file" -o "$file".webp
>>
What is the font used at templeos
>>
>>61296991
So i need to make a new entry in that file and then change the uts_sysname to that entry so it calls it what i want?
>>
>>61296491
for after graduation
>>
Can you use Ryzen CPUs without a GPU for web browsing and shit since there aren't integrated graphics?
>>
Whats that video effect where they focus on a certain point,usually a rectangle and then the video moves around it and the video has a black box moving around that motion?
I tried video stablization but that wasnt it(i used blender).What other effect can this be called?
>>
>>61297071
I guess. You could try hex editing it but idk if there are crc checks on elfs these days.
Ideally people would stop using this opinionated hard-coded string that doesn't even check the libc to prove some point.
>>
>>61297123
No. Just buy a really cheap GPU.
>>
>>61297123
no
>>
>>61297132
>>61297135
Danke
>>
>>61296407
it is a separate instance of giving wings from the original subject of the lawsuit
>>
>>61297131
Even busybox just hardcodes -o=GNU/Linux.
>>
>>61297055
Now I get
>'Error opening input file $file (80070002)
OpenInputStream(filename, &stream) failed 80070002
cannot open input file '$file'
Error! Could not process file $file
Error! Cannot read input picture file '$file'
>>
>>61297168
No,busybox just references the kernel,which was built as GNU/Linux.You can do it with awk and with busybox awk and get the same thing because its the same kernel being used
>>
>>61297123
a few older amd-fx series motherboards have a cheapo gpu built in, idk about ryzen ones tho tho
>>
>>61297181
Oh,you're on windows.
Load up cygwin and the try again
>>
Shouldn't a DDR3 1066 slot work with DDR3 1600 RAM?

I took the old RAM out, checked and it says 1333 on the stick, and the PC wouldn't even start
>>
>>61297206
I'll give that a shot, thanks
>>
>>61297233
It should work. Could be ECC ram or maybe a short or something weird like that though.
>>
>>61297285
great, now the computer won't even boot with its old memory nor beep

why do they have to be so anal with RAM, I hate computers
>>
>>61297319
make sure the ram is pushed fully into the slot
if it was actually a ddr2 slot and you can't make the difference between numbers then ids hobleds
>>
>>61297285
>>61297354
It says DD3 1066, I read it on the mobo. I don't know exactly the brand, it's a mATX Ami- something. Amicomputer? It's for a Celeron

also before I had the audacity of messing with its RAM, it said on the boot screen that it was running at 800mhz or whatever. I was trying to do a clean install, forgot to plug the HDD and had the wonderful idea of messing with its memory.

Now the piece of shit won't even boot
>>
on windows, I can connect to one wifi network and create a separate ad-hoc network and share the internet connection. how do I do that on Debian stretch gnu/linux
>>
>>61297185
Check the source you idiot and stop spouting bullshit without checking your facts:
typedef struct {
struct utsname name;
char processor[sizeof(((struct utsname*)NULL)->machine)];
char platform[sizeof(((struct utsname*)NULL)->machine)];
char os[sizeof("GNU/Linux")];
} uname_info_t;

That is what is on debian testing at the moment but the get repo seems to have it as a kbuild option who's default is GNU/Linux, so still hardcoded.
>>
>>61297457
With the same wireless device? I don't think you, unless you can map one device to two interfaces and ... eh idk
>>
Does /g/ have any recommend mouse lists?
>>
File: 2020445_2.jpg (19KB, 540x309px) Image search: [Google]
2020445_2.jpg
19KB, 540x309px
why does it seem that the Switch is vaporware?
walmart, best buy, kmart, target, gamestop, rent-a-center, aarons, etc...
so many retailers in my own that SHOULD have the Switch, and every time i go, they are all "sold out". but i don't know anyone who has one yet. how can they keep selling out and yet no one has them? i think these stores NEVER had any, or if they did, the employees bought them.
>>
>>61296769
they mean the same thing
32bit RGBA = 8bit per channel, for four channels (r, g, b, a). 8*4=32
>>
>>61297754
Hmmm, are you sure about that?

My assignment specifically says "the drawing happens internally on a float texture (RGBA, 32bit per channel) which is displayed in a window bitmap (RGBA, 8 bit per channel)".
>>
>>61297206
>>61297258
Sweet fucking Christ, Honeyview can convert files to WebP, making this whole exercise pointless. Fuck me.
>>
>>61297391
Clear CMOS, try again.
>>
>>61297792
32 bit per channel is different to saying 32 bit.

For graphics you'd often want a higher precision and/or floating point internally so you can apply lighting effects or similar without causing banding.
>>
>>61297792
you should have said 32bit per channel if that's what you meant
that's incredibly high precision, what's it for?

anyway, there is a benefit to higher-than-output pricision when editing.
for example, lets say you want to increase the brightness of the image, this involves 'stretching' the darker values over a larger range, having only exactly as much as the output (editing at 8bpc) means you're lowering the potential quality of the output
>>
>>61297877
>>61297879
I see, that makes sense.
>>
>>61296769
The point is the image you are drawing might not be the only thing being drawn. If you draw two things that are overlapping then there will be blending happening.
If you are just drawing things that are not overlapping (and plan to keep doing that for the remainder of development) there isn't a point to render in RGBA.
>>
File: Acer Icon Logo.png (127KB, 560x362px) Image search: [Google]
Acer Icon Logo.png
127KB, 560x362px
I'm not going to say why this happened, but lets just say that I deleted a large Windows partition in Gparted and now my computer won't even start. I try to go into the boot menu, and nothing happens. I try to go into BIOS menu, and nothing happens. I even tried to boot directly from a Linux Mint USB, and nothing happens.
I can't remove the hard drive from the laptop, so I don't know what to do. Please help!

Pic related is similar to what it looks like when the boot freezes.
>>
why is there such a strong correlation between using a mechanical keyboard and having aspergers?
>>
>>61298047
I had asperger's all my life but I only bought a mechanical keyboard last year
>>
File: 1498563395280.jpg (196KB, 798x826px) Image search: [Google]
1498563395280.jpg
196KB, 798x826px
how do I get 4chan X to stop cross-thread links from putting the #postnumber in the url

For instance if I like this thread >>61296407 , it would appear as http://boards 4chan org/g/thread/61296407#61296407

appchanx, which I was using until recently because some part of the website fucked my image expansion on hover functionality despite disabling the native extension, didn't do it but appchan is kill
>>
File: 1497812986271.png (371KB, 832x868px) Image search: [Google]
1497812986271.png
371KB, 832x868px
Is there a way to record a specific window with OBS?
I want to record a 1280*720p mpv(the video player) window in a 1080p screen.
Help pls.
>>
>>61297851
So I just finished installing the OS, the old Markvision branded 2 x 2GB 1333mhz DDR3 memory sticks are still in.

Also in the BIOS config it says the maximum memory frequency is 1066 anyway, will I get any performance boost by putting a Kingston 2x 2GB HyperX ones? They're still going to be limited, right?
>>
>>61298148
Working as intended,ittakes you to the thread and then to the post you linked.

CLOSED. WONTFIX
>>
>>61298171
Won't make a difference.
>>
>>61297700
The other night I went to Walmart, was looking at Switch games. They had four in stock. While I was there, someone came in, apparently they've been calling every day and that day was the first day in a week they got stock. When I was checking out, I saw another person carrying out a Switch. They went through half their inventory in the 45 minutes I was at Walmart that day.
>>
File: and you looked here last.jpg (447KB, 747x888px) Image search: [Google]
and you looked here last.jpg
447KB, 747x888px
>>61298180
please no

I know it to be true but I seriously dislike that when the page refreshes it just dumps me back up to the OP because of the #postnumber
>>
>>61298259
It takes you to the fucking post you are clicking too...
>>
>>61298259
You do realize there's an "update" button on the bottom, right? There's even an auto-update feature.
>>
>>61298259
>>61298265
Nevermind I'm an idiot and should've read the full convo.
>>
What should I do with my old OCZ 111gb SSD? It's sitting in an external enclosure right now.
>>
>>61298283
Put it in your system and use it as a ramdisk until it dies
>>
>>61298241
also changing the old RAM's frequency from 800mhz to 1066mhz in the BIOS also made the thing not boot at all, picky piece of shit mobo

just resetted CMOS, also took the battery out for a while and the new memory won't boot. I should just stick with the old RAM I guess.
>>
File: time to see if g is shit.png (66KB, 802x408px) Image search: [Google]
time to see if g is shit.png
66KB, 802x408px
I want to open multiple mp3 files from file explorer in MusicBee but media player stole all my fucking options. Dear lord Windows ten is just fucking malware. pls help
>>
>>61298306
>press winkey
>type 'default programs'
>click option under Music Player
>choose your default program of choice
>>
>>61298288

I was just considering that actually. Anyway to get an idea of how long it'll last? The CrystalMark was something like 290MB/s through USB 3.0.
>>
I have a WordPress site that photo only posts are constantly uploaded to and I need a theme that has an infinite scroll page showing photos, share buttons that share the image (not a link) and a search bar that searches tags. Any suggestions?
>>
>>61298362
Its an older ssd so take the time you used it and subtract it from 5 years,about that much time
>>
>>61298332
>Dear lord Windows ten is just fucking malware. plz halp
Thats pretty nice. IIRC in xp each program had to implement their own "click to set this as default handler for filetypes blah...".
>>
Any suggestions on what platform I can use to stream a show with friends? Youtube blocks it
>>
>>61296407
Is anyone else unable to make thread in 4chan? Obviously, I can still post normally but threads just timeout in firefox.

It's happened after updating firefox, OS is linux mint if that matters.
>>
>>61298437
You could upload it to google drive and make a channel on https cytu dot be
This is totally an origanal post and you should let me post it moot you butt.
>>
File: ig.png (113KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ig.png
113KB, 400x400px
Is there any third party website or desktop application that gives Instagram an actually useful search function?
>>
File: 1496802468767.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496802468767.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
Are there any YouTube to mp3 converters that aren't filled with fucking ads?
>>
File: 1483558945720.png (218KB, 355x359px) Image search: [Google]
1483558945720.png
218KB, 355x359px
I know there are cute boys who still come to /g/.
Will following the cute boy aesthetic program (exercise, diet, supplements etc) affect my mind? I'm proud to have a huge brain, I need it for advanced level Math, Physics, CS etc, but I'm afraid changing my diet and exercise schedule could have a negative impact on it.
>>
File: nope.png (17KB, 589x550px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
17KB, 589x550px
>>61298332
good idea, it was already set though.
>>
>>61298559
https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl
>>
>>61298559
http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
>>
>>61298505
seems legit
>>
>>61298562
Try repairing the installation, and if that fails (or isn't available), reinstalling it. Windows might've "fixed" some registry settings or right click menu options or some shit that the app relied on.
>>
>>61298560
what's the cute boy aesthetic program?
>>
>>61298472
Using 4chanx?
>>
>>61298616
I don't use 4chanX
>>
>>61298625
Why not?
>>
>>61298599
>>
>>61298559
I use a firefox extension, DLs the video and rips out the audio, then you can delete the video.
YouTube Video and Audio Downloader [by InBasic]
>>
>>61298627
I don't really see the point of it, even after years on this site.
>>
File: 0.jpg (141KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
141KB, 800x1200px
Is JTAG available on consumer, production Intel processors?

Finding information on this is excruciating thanks to their recent DCI fuckup.
>>
>>61298653
You won't truly know unless you try it
>>
>>61298560

lmao you don't need a brain for cs
>>
>>61298590
reinstalled, no change.
played around and I can only open up to 15 files at a time without the "open" option dissappearing, thinking it might be a problem with musicbee itself.
>>
>>61298560
>>61298628
If you are serious I doubt it. The main things for not fucking up your brain power is to avoid toxins (ded brain cells), heavy foods (blood gets redirected from brain to gut, lethargy) and do cardio which is linked to increased neurogenesis. Getting distracted by playing with your nipples all day could be detrimental to your academic carrer though.
>>
>>61296407
I'm trying to build a librebooted system. I'm going to get the Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L motherboard (>tfw to poor to buy dual AMD opterons) this board would fit a core 2 quad Q660 but I'm not sure if it would be compatible with libreboot. Has anyone tried this?
>>
>>61298711
(me)
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16540.0
apparently it's a Windows thing
>>
Is there a problem if you mix memory sticks of different brands? I'm using two 4GB sticks of GSkill, and I never thought about adding my old 4GB kit ones, they're all the same DDR3 1600 type, could I put them all together and get 12GB? Or would the motherboard bitch about it

I mean why not right, a little more memory can't hurt
>>
>>61298788
Yes
>>
File: 1499347749520.jpg (228KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499347749520.jpg
228KB, 708x1000px
>>61298727
Thanks. I read eating most meats increase testosterone. Does this include fish? If not, would it be relatively safe to say a Japanese diet (basically fish, rice, tofu, and tons of green stuff) is the ideal diet for both a feminine body and a great brain?
>>
>>61296685
Yes, rootkits can hide from you.
Alternatively they might use a seemingly innocuous process as a guise.
>>
Are the hdd's used in external hard drives lower binned versions of internal drives?
Debating on making my own external hard drive with an old hdd if that's the case.
>>
Anyone know if the 9 volt battery tongue test works similarly with a CR2032?
>>
>>61298788
I have like 5 sticks of Kingston HyperX and a stick of Mushkin Silverline and they all work fine together
>>
>>61299142
it has 1/3 the voltage
>>
>>61299142
yes, you can taste 3v button cells quite easily
>>
>>61296407
Is there any way to restrict internet access to family members using wifi?
I use the internet cable to play and shit but my parents constantly use the internet all day long and it eats up all the connection, i can't even play properly with this shit.
>>
My phone carrier gives me free Facebook access, since my country doesn't have unlimited data plans.

I don't know shit about web development, but is there a way to build a Facebook wrapper or something to route everything through "Facebook" so I can leech of my carrier indefinitely?
>>
>>61299262
why do you have your parents over so much that it matters?
>>
>>61297700
because Nintendo creates artificial scarcity for whatever reason. which fucking sucks because people always buy those to s it again at a higher price. It happens with every Nintendo product nowadays.
>>
>>61299262
>I don't give a shit that you are trying to pay the bills mom! I'm on a raid!
>>
>>61299277
i live with my parents but im the one who pays for the internet around here and i can barely use it.
>>
>>61299276
i guess you could setup a bot on a VPS, and have it communicate via facebook posts to a local bot, establishing two-way communication
>>
>>61299284
>>61299289

i also pay most of the bills around here, so i guess being a able to play a little isn't much to ask.
>>
>>61299289
it is possible to restrict the bandwidth of particular users, yes
>>
>>61299184
What a coincidence, my 2 sticks of 4GB each are G skill Sniper set, and the 2 sticks of 2GB each are Kingston HyperX as well. They're all 1600 but I'm not sure their timings are the exact same
>>
>>61299296
I need to do it from my phone, though. Would it be possible?
>>
>>61298628
Where would I find these generals? /rr/ and /gfd/
>>
>>61299340
don't see why not
if you need to ask how, you probably can't, though
>>
>>61297157
ty
>>
>>61299262
If you router has QoS or just turn the broadcast power of the wifi down, heh.
>>
>>61299356
Yeah I really have no clue about this shit. I'm just wondering if it's possible.
>>
>>61299318
Honestly XMP should adjust all of that for you
>>
>>61299368
will i be able to use it normally if i am connected with a internet cable though?
>>
What's the difference between a script and a program? What language would be ideal for each one?
>>
>>61299262
use ethernet
use qos
also make sure to tell your parents you love them faget
>>
>>61297941
What happened though?
>>
Debian's font rendering is crap. Infinality doesn't want to work. There was a guide to getting it set up from the Ubuntu PPA with the first step being
apt-add-repository ppa:no1wantdthisname/ppa

Which just gave me command not found. There was another guide that gave the exact url, and I plugged that into the package manager and it said there was no release file and no public key. I've never messed around with font rendering but this is so bad it hurts my eyes. Is there an alternative or alternative method of getting this?
>>
>>61299398
>also make sure to tell your parents you love them faget
i tell them everyday, you don't have to worry about that.
>>
>>61298170
literally right click the scenes menu, click 'Window Capture", name it, then choose the window you want to record from the drop down menu. Holy fuck like did you even attempt anything before you posted here?
>>
>>61299410
On my system apt-add-repository is provided by the package `software-properties-common` for some reason, so try installing that and adding it again.
Or you can add a new sources list manually with something like deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/no1wantdthisname/ppa <latestubuntyrelease> main
>>
>>61299410
Why are you even using debian is such shit are giving you trouble?
Also, stop using ubuntu ppas with debian, this is a very-very bad practice.

http://ppa.launchpad.net/no1wantdthisname/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/f/fontconfig-infinality/

download the deb file and install it using dpkg -i
if it requires extra things, run
apt-get install -f

to fix dependencies. If you use stable and it requires newer version of things, grab them from backports and testing.

Or just install ubuntu.
>>
>>61299276
Thats not how that works.
Data sent to the *facebook.com servers are set to not track.
>>
File: 1499574259978.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1499574259978.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
I need to remember the name of a web chatroom where you could link youtube videos and those would play and every person in the chatroom would submit a video that would queue for play after the other finished. I don't remember the name but was disco something and you had your avatar and some shit. Pls help I am going insane, have been trying to remember for a week now.
>>
>>61296407
I watch Youtube on my phone at night, and I can't get halfway through a video before it gives me a "no connection message". This is fixed by disabling/reenabling internet on my phone. What's causing this? Telus is my ISP if that means anything
>>
Would a 144hz monitor w/o free or g-sync eliminate screen tearing?
>>
File: welp.png (44KB, 851x263px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
44KB, 851x263px
>>61299398
>>61299368
so i guess i can't do much about the qos
>>
>>61296739
personalize your i3bar, if you haven't already.That thing is terrible with default configs. Also you can disable some unnecessary kernel modules to make your system start faster
>>
>>61299461
I literally just finished installing debian, it's what I had tried to start off with on my desktop but my mouse was being crap and I was having trouble with getting everything set up to compile the drivers. Switched to ubuntu only to realize that the solution was to plug it into a 3.0 port. Thanks for the link though, I'll decide if this is worth the effort once I can actually read.
>>
I want to shrink the size of my music library dramatically by converting everything in FLAC to MP3 320. But, of course, ONLY what is in FLAC.
Ideally I could keep all the tags and album art...
Anyone with any idea how to do this?
>>
any good windows 10 alternative menus?
>>
>>61296407
How do I ddos
>>
Anyone know an Android messaging app that has encryption?
>>
>>61299904
Whatsapp, but is owned by facebook.
>>
>>61299904
I haven't been been following this shit but the guardian project used to be cool. ChatSecure is a XMPP based chat app with OTR encryption so pretty standard stuff.
Signal from whisper systems is another one that was respected in the industry.
>>
>>61296464
Searching for a post would be the hardest part honestly. That wouldn't be too hard to make at all.
>>
so firefox has been acting weird on me where lets say I want to reply to a thread or search for one it wont let me.Like I can click them but there is no response. However, this doesn't seem to be the case on chromium. Anyway to fix this?
>>
>>61299487
generic v-sync being enabled is more important, free or g-sync are mere flavors of either freedum or proprietary
>>
>>61299739
convert to vorbis or opus instead, better compression, and also uses the same metadata format as flac, since all 3 are made by the same group
>>
Been trying out downsampling from 4k through Nvidia's DSR function on my 1080p monitor. Is there a way to have my resolution automatically change back to 1080p whenever I alt-tab out of a game, and then have it revert back to 4k vice versa?
>>
I gained access to a database but i'm actually too dumb to understand how the data is organized.

Is there a way to understand the structure of the database without documentation?

It's a microsoft sql server.

I was thinking about some kind of log that can show me how the data changes when i operate on the frontend (as a regular user would)
>>
File: 1499581580755.jpg (70KB, 970x886px) Image search: [Google]
1499581580755.jpg
70KB, 970x886px
Is there a vpn that covers computer wide? Like if you download something outside of a browser the program would act like a vpn. What would that be called?
>>
>>61300551
a router using linux with dynamic IP
>>
>>61300551
A VPN is a remote network you connect to from your own network. Ideally all your traffic already goes through it.
>>
File: vkrg85mdx9wy.jpg (78KB, 444x599px) Image search: [Google]
vkrg85mdx9wy.jpg
78KB, 444x599px
I'm doing a fresh install of windows 10 LTSB. is O&OSHUTUP worth using? What about reddit's "Tronscript", with 15k users?
>>
Is there any Linux distribution that focuses specifically on replacing all the GNU parts of the OS with something non-GNU?
Purely as a fuck off to the "GNU+Linux" autists.
>>
File: 1491328966802.jpg (35KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1491328966802.jpg
35KB, 500x522px
>>61296407
Call me retard.
But why do you need a GPU for cryptomining? I always wondered.
>>
>>61300738
Maybe alpine, it is hard to tell where the gnu project stops and independant projects that are gpl licensed start thugh.
There is always android-x86!
http://wiki.musl-libc.org/wiki/Projects_using_musl
>>
>>61300752
They are optimised for executing many of math operations in parellel. They have an like hundreds or thousands of cores (idk rly) wheres CPUs have just a few. They can do this because their cores have limited functionality (in terms of operations and register size). They also have a little bit of ram I think. So if you can break a problem down into many independant small calculations (like hashing thousands of random numbers) you can use all those small GPU cores and parellel than hiving to have them wait in a big queue for you cpu cores.
>>
Does anyone know how to remove XFCE backlight keybinds? They seem to have stopped working, only bringing up the notification thing and not changing it. I'd just use xbacklight but I want to use the function keys.
>>
>>61300752
prime number factorization
it's much much much much faster with the way a gpu is designed to be used compared to a cpu
like 20k transaction compared to 200k is the same amount of time
>>
>>61300715
Use https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/ initially. O&O, TronScript, or whatever thing you want afterwards for anything you missed or want to change. Most importantly, don't have the machine connected to a local or wide area network when you're setting it up.
>>
What's the difference between ZIF and LIF drive connectors?
>>
Is there anything similar to Taiga but with AniDB support?
>>
>>61297941
reinstall windows
>>
I heard that modern TVs have really good scalers.
How are they different from software scaling techniques like bilinear and lanczos?
>>
>>61301134
zif = zero insertion force
lif = low insertion force
they're not connector types themselves, they're a property of a connector type
>>
>>61299393
a script is just some simple code, something that automatically runs user actions (eg. renaming files, run with parameters, calculating stuff). bash or VBA are a good examples of scripting

A program on the other hand is like a whole book, a game or a tool that does something which you cannot do with simple user actions. Most common languages for these are C#, C++, Python, Java and much more
>>
>>61300075
uninstall FF
>>
can i learn python with mit's 6.0001 online course?

I dont know anything about programming yet
>>
I'm trying to setup 2 OpenVPN servers on my PC and the more times I try it, the shittier it gets
The main problem now is that after rebooting the computer /run/openvpn directory refreshes (there should be .pid files for the servers that I have set up, but only one shows up, random one at that)
I've disabled any of them starting on boot, I've named the two servers differently (server and serveris) but I've tried to create two servers before named server1 and server2 and now basically the directory has a 1/4 chance of having server.pid/server1.pid/server2.pid/serveris.pid
I'm lost and retarded, please help
Btw I've used this tutorial https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-16-04
>>
anyone have that picture of the really cute guy from, i think, computer chronicles?

he had aviator styled glasses
>>
>>61301510
Sure but don't forget to do the assignment that's when you really learn something
>>
What is the best book to learn web development for an absolute beginner?
>>
>>61299072
I see. Thank you very much for answering
>>
Will my main pc be safe if I used a virtual box to install Rat and some malware etc?
>>
>>61300551
proxifier if ur using windOwS
>>
File: 1496573430539.png (259KB, 358x339px) Image search: [Google]
1496573430539.png
259KB, 358x339px
>>61296407
ok so i fucked up my shitty 5year old mac air and it has mad dead pixelated screen after being dropped too much

it's gonna cost me an incredible amount of dough to repair locally and obviously i'm not gonna buy another shitbook so i was thinking of just buying a cheap notebook as a temp replacement

i had my eyes on a lenovo 100s since its about $200 and all i need is internet for normie shit like movies and internet when i travel is this an ok choice?
>>
>>61301542
fixed creating the additional files by deleting .conf, .crt and .key named after them, but still instead of creating 2 .pid files, it creates only one, any idea how to solve this ?
>>
>>61301832
yes
>>
>>61301951
Thanks
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 261x193px
I made a post on /p/ but I am hedging my bets and asking here as well.
-
I got a 360fly camera for my birthday in April, and it has been sitting on my desk collecting dust. Decided to finally try it at least.
What program should I be using to edit the footage? I would like to attempt making, for want of a better term, "small planet" visual effect.
Are Adobe Premiere and After Effects relevant? I am new to this 360 gimmick and don't want the cost of this garbage to be wasted.
>>
(with firefox) is there a way to 'open' a hyperlink in a new tab but not actually 'load' it so to speak, so it only loads when i actually click on it? thanks
>>
>>61302267
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/load-tab-on-select/
>>
>>61301832
maybe
maybe the virus can escape the vm
>>
>>61302593
For real?
>>
File: 1aj0ylj8g57z.jpg (64KB, 792x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1aj0ylj8g57z.jpg
64KB, 792x1000px
Is there a way to change explorer background color in windows 10 to something less eye-burning without patching/applying themes from deviantart with shitty buttons and colours/third party programs like qttabsomething by some muslim goy?

Something like an edited .theme file?

Google doesn't know shit.
>>
>>61302615
maybe
maybe not
>>
I have a laptop that won't turn on, power light goes green for a second then off
Thing that gets me is that there are no blink codes whatsoever, what does that tell you?
I can't find anything on google for no blink codes
>>
How can I connect 15 IDE Hard Drives to my modern PC?

USB adapters have separate power cables which seems wasteful.
>>
>>61296407
I'm planning to buy a 4TB hard drive, what are my options? I'm planning to use for storage mostly, so durability is pretty important. Is this one any good?
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Desktop-Hard-Disk-Drive/dp/B013HNYV8I

Wiki recommends buying an internal hard drive and a case with it, should I do so or don't bother with it at all?
>>
>>61302715
drain CMOS and try again, if that doesnt work then the mobo is probably fucked
>>
File: 1470074679946.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470074679946.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Do hardcoded black bars take up bitrate?
>>
>>61302909
They need to be included in every keyframe but can be skipped between them. So yes but only very slightly.

>>61302715
The motherboard is probably dead.

>>61302747
Just connect them one by one and copy the data into a modern drive
>>
What is the best free antivirus i can install for windows?
a friend told me malware bytes is good, is it?
>>
>>61302615
>>61301832
It's possible to detect if a program is running in a VM and thus a virus might be able to exploit a bug in that VM and escape from it. I haven't heard of any virus which has done that though, the ones which detect VMs just deactivate themselves to make debugging harder. But it is possible.
>>
>>61302970
ues, I always use MBAM as a quick and easy antivirus
>>
File: ide-to-sata-adapter.jpg (61KB, 800x813px) Image search: [Google]
ide-to-sata-adapter.jpg
61KB, 800x813px
>>61302747

you can get ide to sata connectors somewhat cheaply(few $ per connector, might be cheaper from china), and depending on how many sata ports your computer currently has you can get pcie to sata controllers from 2-8 ports for somewhat less cheaply, you'll also need the sata cables and however many molex power cables in whatever connector the ide to sata connector requires

unless they're decent size drives it's not going to be economical or cheap either way you look at it

another thing to consider is if you're formatting the drives you can just get a pcie raid controller card and connect the drives to that (with the sata connectors still) and raid a couple of them up at a time

if you don't go the ide to sata route you'll end up with a huge bulky mess of ide ribbon cables

also don't skimp on the molex cables you don't want to burn your pc down
>>
Is there a way to run photoshop cc 2017 on 32bit/x86?
>>
>>61303027
>>61302970
yes*
>>
>>61301832

if you have to ask the answer is no

malicious programs can still do a lot of damage to the host os from a vm if you're not careful (i.e., you give the vm access to network shares, the vm can recursively delete everything on them)
>>
>>61303033
Why?
>>
how can I link my case fans to gpu temp?
>>
>>61303033
Yes, you would need a 32-bit version of the program.
>>
I found shitty fat old Acer laptop with only 2 GB RAM and more crap specs that I havent seen yet. I'm not even going to bother installing windows on it. A few years ago I was in the same situation and I installed Puppy Linux which was quite nice. I'm not planning to do much with that device and just use it as some facebook machine. Are there any other lightweight distro's that are interesting to have?
>>
>>61303029
Thanks, this is pretty much what I thought. I didn't know if there was some server hardware i could jury rig to add them all more cleanly.

I'm hanging onto the drives for extra storage because I am doing some Burst mining and they are decent size and speed even though they are old. As they are free it was cost effective.
>>
File: 1494975627657.jpg (52KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
1494975627657.jpg
52KB, 331x331px
How do you save and restore your dotfiles? The last thread is my hostage and i *will* kill it if i don't get replies
>>
i really couldn't figure out what is going on, but sometimes when i try to shutdown my computer, it takes quite a while, to the point that i need to force shut off. it does show the force to close any programs layout though
>>
>>61302909
yes, but it's minimal, especially if the edges are aligned with the macroblock size
>>
>>61303266
just tar them
>>
Could you put a 1050ti in a Core 2 Duo system and get decent results?
>>
I just started learning Linux, how do i write the path of a file that's for example foo.py in Documents/Nigger folder?

Is it c:/home/[user]/Documents/Nigger/foo.py?
>>
>>61303266
I wil give a small clue, one datum...

Read the man page for the "find" command
>>
>>61303357
Without the c:
Just: /home/[user]/Documents/Nigger/foo.py
>>
>>61303347
Depends on what you're doing. You're very likely to get bottlenecked by the CPU though.

>>61303097
I have 4-pin connectors in my graphics card, they work just fine. If you don't have those then Google suggests speedfan.
>>
>>61303393
Thanks mate, now it works

What happens if i have 2 drives, how do i separate paths if it doesn't have drive letters?
>>
>>61303448
If the drives are a seperate file system then they appear in /mnt folder. If not then they are in whichever folder you've mapped them to.

Linux does not use hardware-based file system like windows does. So for example the /home directory can be located on boot drive, seperate drive or even on another computer in the network. In Windows this would not be possible, c:\users\ is always on c drive
>>
Best GPU under $50?
>>
>>61299475
there's plenty. Transformice is an entire game attached to playing levels while watching youtube movies.
>>
>>61299487
I haven't had any vsync tearing on my 144hz monitor regardless of enabling/disabling vsync
>>
>>61303544
Post reasons for a gpu

50$ will get you nothing relevant in the year 2017 unless it's something like a 750ti on sale or some shit
>>
>>61303601
Basic gaming. Not expecting much from the iGPU on my core 2 duo. My last GPU was from like 2007 so I'm not expecting the world here.
>>
>>61303654
Save money, a $50 dGPU isn't going to be much better than your iGPU.
>>
>>61303669
Although, you could (probably not) find something interesting second-hand.
>>
>>61303669
I think you're thinking of the i3/i5/i7 generation of iGPUs. On the core 2's it's barely more than a VGA output.
>>
>>61303544
>>61303654
>>61303707

basically limited to something like an r7 250/250x or gtx 1030 ish, which is barely going to be better (or slightly worse in the case of an r7 250) than the current best intel igpu

you're best off looking for sales or checking ebay periodically for something used, you might be able to find an r9 270x for around $50 which is actually a pretty decent budget card

keep in mind these cards basically only exist for machines without igpus or as a cheap way to get more video outputs
>>
File: 41gDtPXGQxL._SY400_.jpg (18KB, 308x400px) Image search: [Google]
41gDtPXGQxL._SY400_.jpg
18KB, 308x400px
Is there something like this but much taller? I just don't like my computer being so close to the ground acting as a floor dust magnet and I haven't been able to find anything anywhere, plus the heatsink is on the bottom
>>
File: Qn3on.png (174KB, 854x629px) Image search: [Google]
Qn3on.png
174KB, 854x629px
How do i put a window list on my second monitor in Gnome?

I cannot figure this shit out fr.
>>
File: Untitled.png (250KB, 803x774px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
250KB, 803x774px
I have problem with some software showing up text. I'm using Win10 and already tried reinstalling these programs. All the folder trees are fucked up. In one program there are no text next to folders and icons and on other, there are some random numbers instead of real folder names. How can I fix this problem?
Pic related.
>>
>make a purchase on ebay
>see this on next page
>"What."
eBay's reading my cookies, huh? I've been on some JAV shit lately. Reason for alarm or nah?
>>
>>61302787
>>61302958
Right mobo dead thanks for the help anyway
>>
>>61303919
>Tokyo Lucky Hole
>>
File: 1498152574099.jpg (88KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498152574099.jpg
88KB, 300x400px
>>61303919
>Tokyo lucky hole
>>
>>61303996
>>61303986
It's apparently about the rise of the Japanese sex industry in the late 1900s. Seems like it'd be an interesting read. Although I don't look this type of stuff up on ebay, so I'm probably getting recommended this stuff due to cookies and trackers on other sites.
>>
File: 1483735542388.jpg (68KB, 580x385px) Image search: [Google]
1483735542388.jpg
68KB, 580x385px
>>61303919
Stick it in her *rolls dice*... Tokyo Lucky Hole!
>>
Just bought a gently used MacBook Air. Only had it for about two days. The first day, I was getting insane battery life. Only going down about 10% an hour. Yesterday, I installed Google Earth, Flash and VLC. I did leave in on sleep mode for about 6 hours. Now this morning, it's gone from 41% to 25% in about an hour and twenty minutes.
> Is it the apps
> Is it the sleep mode
> How can I reverse this
>>
>>61304027
Yeah, ebay's not known for it, but I bet that's what's happening. I'd try Privacy Badger.
>>
>>61304056
How resource-heavy is Privacy Badger. I'm already using the likes of uBlock and Ghostery.
>>
>>61304098
Drop Ghostery like it's hot. And by ublock I hope you mean origin.
>>
>>61304128
>Ghostery
Any particular reason why?
>I hope you mean Origin
I thought it was implied.
>>
>>61304156
They done fucked up. Sold information. Plus they weren't that great at what they did to being with, and largely redundant against the lighter ublock. Nobody's recommended them since like a year after they came out. ublock (domain blocker) + Privacy Badger (heuristic tracking protection) + Noscript/uMatrix (optional element blocking) is the way to go.
>>
>>61303827
Please anyone
>>
>>61304098
Privacy Badger uses practically nothing. It just keeps track of what resources are loaded by each page, so it doesn't have to go scanning through bigass lists. That's why it doesn't block anything when you first install it.
>>
File: 1482709929282.gif (91KB, 634x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482709929282.gif
91KB, 634x400px
>>61302785
No one has any opinion about it?
>>
I don't like Windows anymore.

What's a good alternative to Windows that will still let me play all of the Steam games I want?
>>
>>61304494
Ubuntu will let you play some steam games.
>>
>>61304494
Dual boot. I assume you have windows at present. Keep games on it. Otherwise boot from a fresh Linux HDD. It's what I do and it means I can stick to delicious linux except when i have free time at home and boot Windows for dat gaming.

I suddenly realise that I have not gamed in about 6 months because I always have shit to do at home. Nobody told me it would be this hard. At least I can go to /g/ at work.
>>
>>61301265
Yeah I just decided to stick with chromium which isn't ideal but at least it works correctly.
>>
>>61304279
Furniture dolly?
>>
File: 1420099814802.jpg (13KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1420099814802.jpg
13KB, 250x239px
is there a way for ms to tell if my website is running on pirated windows server or sql server?
>>
>>61303091
>>61303177
I dont think theres a 32bit for photoshop cc except cs6 below dude.
>>
>>61304615
Then no. You can't into 32 bit on a 64 bit OS. But most hardware in the last decade+ is capable of running a 64 bit OS anyway.
>>
I have a main router that is connected to a network switch that supplies the whole house with wired ethernet.
If I buy another wifi router and plug it into one of these ethernet ports, will giving it the same ssid and password as the main router allow devices to switch seamlessly between one router's connection and the other without noticing?

>tl;dr how do I use multiple routers to extend wifi coverage across the house
>>
Is Ryzen worth it if I want to do a major overhaul of my computer?

Are m.2 SSDs also worth it? I like the idea of having the OS on an m.2 SSD although I'm not sure if there are advantages over using a SATA SSD.
>>
>>61304665
Use a wifi slave booster. TP Link make a whole bunch of them. They just copy the original router deets.
>>
>>61304665
Basically. You want to connect the ethernet to one of the ethernet ports on the secondary router. Then set it in AP/client mode (disable DHCP, NAT, Firewall). Keep the wifi settings identical, but put the first router on channel 1, and the second on channel 11. And you want the second router on the same subnet but with a different IP. So if the first router is at 192.168.1.1, then set the second router to 192.168.1.2, and have the dhcp range of the first router go from 192.168.1.3-192.168.1.120, so it excludes the IP of the secondary router.
>>
>>61304748
*ethernet to one of the LAN ports on the second router
>>
>>61304748
Thanks, I'm gonna try this
>>
>>61304701
Yeah. It's cheaper than an Intel build unless you're going the Pentium/i3 route like I am. As for SSD you probably won't feel the biggest difference and it'd be cheaper to go with SATA
>>
>>61304701
Unless you need to save money, I would avoid cheaper alternatives and go Intel+NV. It's a bit of a ripoff but the sad reality is that all developers use those chips and therefore all software is tested on and optimised for them.

My previous machine was AMD everything and there was always some obscure issue or other running some things. My current box is Intel+NV and it's been 100% justwerks.

Just my £0.02... it's an unfashionable opinion on /g/.
>>
Does this cheap cooler looks good? It'll be better than the stock one that comes with 1150 processors, right?
>>
File: Laughing.jpg (41KB, 283x352px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing.jpg
41KB, 283x352px
How can I automatically execute a console command daily on Debian?
>>
>>61304804
While there has been some truth to that, I don't think it's worth the price premium to a lot of people. Also AMD has made some pretty big improvements to the most recent generations, so I don't know how accurate it would be to base your opinion on previous experience.
>>
>>61304880
Doesn't look too different from the industry standard that is the CoolerMaster Evo, so it's pretty good.

Definetly better than a stock cooler though.
>>
>>61304892
Thanks. Also, it looks pretty big, is there any chance of it breaking my socket?
>>
>>61304748
Just to check, what should the dhcp range for the second router be?
Also, right now the first router's range is 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254
Why did you have it go only to 120?
Thanks a lot
>>
>>61304884
cronjob
>>
>>61304933
You CAN go higher than 120, but if you've got more than 100 devices connected to a home network at once, you've got bigger problems. The second router will have DHCP disabled.
>>
>>61296986
I'm high and I can't tell if you're being for real or just fucking with me.
>>
File: 1485371673262.jpg (163KB, 800x979px) Image search: [Google]
1485371673262.jpg
163KB, 800x979px
I have just visited my father and his laptop has become a cesspool of every possible adware imaginable. Dick extensions, hypertexts from random words, YOU WON A MIRRION DORRAR bullshit, you name it.

Any good software recommendation to get rid of most of this shit without too much work?

Reinstalling the system is useless, he is just gonna get it all back so some retard proof protection would be nice.
>>
>>61304960
Alright thanks.
One last thing, does this look good for the second modem?
The first modem's control page doesn't say anything about gateway and dns server
>>
Best public tracker that isn't TPB?
>>
File: nat1496898950213.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nat1496898950213.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
Testing posting.
>>
File: tfw1494891706644.png (234KB, 545x530px) Image search: [Google]
tfw1494891706644.png
234KB, 545x530px
Why is Gaben in Jesus form on the sticky? I thought /g/ hated Steam?

>>61305057
Wow, kind janitor let me off with a warning. Thanx kot!
>>
Will I be able to get the full performance out of a 1050ti on a PCIe x16 slot?
>>
What's the difference between my router's 2.4 GHz connection and 5 GHz connection?
>>
>>61305132
Yes?
Why you wouldnt?
>>
>>61304880
Just get a 212 EVO anon, its cheap.
>>
>>61305139
Because it asks for a PCIe 3.0 and that's a 1.0 iirc
>>
>>61305165
>PCIe 1.0
How old is your PC?
>>
>>61296475

Looking at other people's code and critiquing it if it's bad / wrong
>>
>>61305133
5ghz is faster but doesn't reach as far
>>
>>61305049
Router, not modem. Gateway is the first router's IP, same with DNS (or leave it blank)
>>
>>61305133
Range, stability thanks to reduced interference, number of channels.
>>
>>61305056
For what?
>>
Is Tech Support a more stressful job than low IQ programming?
>>
>>61305133
5 ghz has shorter range, doesn't go through objects as well, isn't supported by as many devices, especially older ones. 2.4 has competition from a lot of shit including other wifi, cheap peripherals, bluetooth and your microwave.
>>
>>61305202
Music instruction. Looking for part 2 of a 3 part series that isn't on privates.
>>
>>61305171
I just got this 1150 mobo for cheap
https://www.asus.com/br/Motherboards/H81MCSBR/specifications/
>>
hello, i got this book called python the hard way and it basically teaches and encourages me to use python 2 and not 3 even though 3 was already out at the time of the books writing. why is that? should i change the book?
>>
>>61305196
It didn't work.
I had to go into the system preferences to manually enter an IP so I could connect to the second router's control panel.
Still had no access to the first router/internet though.
I had not changed the wifi settings though, I still had it under the same name as before.
>>
>>61305032
adblock?
>>
I just got a new monitor at work and it won't display the native resolution. I really have no say in machine or OS
>Intel pentium g620 with integrated graphics
>Dell u2717d connected through HDMI
>Windows 7
>Max available resolution 1080p
>Monitor native resolution 1440p
>>
>>61305388
It's retarded. Python 2 is dead.
>>
>>61305239
Then it probably isn't out there. You can try searching a metatracker though

torrentproject.se
>>
>>61305453
Thanks for your answer. I shall trash the book then, yeah? Any books you can recommend me btw?
>>
>>61305272
>H81
That is PCIe x16 3.0.
It will work with no problems.
>>
>>61305403
Sure you connected the routers LAN to LAN? And disabled DHCP on the second one? It should have a static connection to the first router.
>>
>>61305478
I'm not sure. I've heard it's a good book and it's not hard going from 2 to 3.
>>
>>61305439
Reinstall graphics driver.
Buy a GPU eventually.
>>
>>61296407
Hey /g/unit, how can I keep my raspberry pi cool? It keeps getting hot.

>inb4 throw it in the bin
>>
>>61305032
Reinstalling the system is a good first step. I'd give him a limited account in windows, maybe not tell him the admin password. Education is a big thing. He may not get that you have to opt out of shit when you're installing things, and that you can't just install anything. Ublock origin with disconnect filters does a good job warning people off of shady download sites. Also put bitdefender free on there, and set the DNS to norton. You can run Adwcleaner periodically.
>>
>>61305439
Sandy bridge IGPUs support up to 1920x1080 or 1920x1200.
Your monitor is 2580x1440.
You need a new graphics card.
>>
>>61305548
Put a heatsink or a fan on it.
>>
>>61305498
Really? Some mobo pages says explicitly whether the PCIe version is...
https://www.asus.com/br/Motherboards/B85MEBR/specifications/
>>
>>61305577
Ahh thank you, couldn't find a number on the max resolution before.
>>
What will happen if I try to install windows 7 on a build with a ryzen cpu?
>>
File: flacsquisher.png (37KB, 570x303px) Image search: [Google]
flacsquisher.png
37KB, 570x303px
Wouldn't expect anyone to know this
I want to make this thing delete the source files after it's finished. Can I make it do that?
>>
>>61305503
My setup is modem (router #1) -> switch -> router #2.
I had disabled DHCP on the second router (pic related)
>>
>>61305591
That is when it has multiple PCIe slots, also sellers will use marketing terms when it comes to PCIe slots.
Based on the chipset (in this case B85) your motherboard can support a number of PCIe 3.0 or 2.0.
H81 supports only one PCIe x16 slot that can be 2.0 or 3.0.
B85 can support multiple PCIe slots but they will work as x8 slots if 2 or more are used.
There is not a huge difference between PCIe x16 2.0 vs 3.0, the only thing is the bandwidth it can support, which a low end GPU wont reach.

TLDR: dont worry, a GTX 1050Ti will work with no problems on that motherboard (The H81 you posted first).

>>61305607
You will need to add USB 3.0 drivers to the windows installer with something like MSI Smart tools.
Set up your motherboard to legacy and if available change SATA mode to IDE.

Thats it, everything will work normal after that.
>>
>>61305597
Just buy a cheap GPU and you will be fine.
>>
>>61305663
Thank you so much anon
>>
>>61302996
>>61303081
Thank you
>>
>>61305634
Nevermind, I can just search for ".flac" and delete them
God i'm stupid
>>
>>61296696
>Not selling server space to the minecraft crowd for ezbux
Your loss
>>
>>61296688
Link it up with a facebook page
>>
>>61296868
Is it DDR2, DD3 or DDR4?
>>
>>61305654
What kind of WAN/Internet connection type is it set to?
>>
>>61305607
>>61305663
You're thinking of Intel

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64
>>
>>61298559
youtube-dl

Use it, faggot.
>>
>>61299796
Start menu?
Classic Start
>>
>>61296407
how to make it so my dekstop computer will power up only if a specific flash disk is inserted?
>>
>>61305586
Thanks.
>>
>>61305946
Magic
>>
>>61305869
I've tried tinkering with it, first it was DHCP then I tried setting it to static.
Picrelated is still router #2 with the static IP.
>>
File: IMG_3913.png (72KB, 772x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3913.png
72KB, 772x594px
Anyone know why my ram is running at 800hmz when it's a 1600mhz kit? I mean it's not like it's a problem but it's just bugging me is all.
>>
>>61305563

Thanks man.
>>
>>61306032
Try leaving DNS blank on both pages. Unless something is messed up, you should be good to go at this point. Try running through a guide

https://www.howtogeek.com/104469/how-to-extend-your-wi-fi-network-with-simple-access-points/
>>
>>61296407
are there any double deep 5.25 bay storage boxes? like one that takes 2 slots and is extra deep?
>>
In bash why do some scripts use `over ' and sometimes use them in conjuction?
foo=`bar'
>>
>>61306319
foo=`bar` # runs bar and sets foo to the output
foo='bar' # sets foo to bar
>>
>trying to get usenet access on my phone
>groundhog is outdated crap
>termux+mutt doesn't have the right patches
>termux doesn't have any other nntp reader
>play store is full of money grabbery

Is the only solution left to manually build it on my phone ?
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.