[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Above all, with every CD I tried, the PS1 exhibited a superior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1920x1080px
>Above all, with every CD I tried, the PS1 exhibited a superior level of rhythmic acuity, or—since it's true that an amplifier or CD player can't make recorded music sound faster or more propulsive than it actually is—a superior lack of the distortions that can blunt leading-edge transients and make music sound temporally dull and listless. Even slow, broadly paced music sounded involving through the PS1: the best and truest praise I could give it.
>>
what ok I'm interested, what is this
>>
>>61296211
one of the biggest placebo effects
>>
sounds good you can also play crash bandicoot
>>
File: ps1-audiophile-mod.jpg (1MB, 3064x1932px) Image search: [Google]
ps1-audiophile-mod.jpg
1MB, 3064x1932px
>>61296211
something whacky
>>
I have an SCPH-1002 and I use it for playing games. With the laser from a PSOne of course.
I actually used it as a CD player for a while and it was quite decent, but it's nothing compared to the Marantz CD-48 with direct DAC mod I'm using right now.
>>
>>61296211
>being this new
>>
wait do people seriously ... why
>>
>>61296148
how do I unsubscribe from your blog?
>>
>something awful spreads rumor that the PS1 is the ultimate cd player
>audiophiles are already mentally defective so they eat it up
>now this shit is spread around like its an actual fact
this shit is so fucking funny
>>
>>61296550
Because it has a good DAC + it is a good compact size. Early hardware versions had L/R analog audio out.
>>
>>61296318
>All these fucking people trying to pretend that a PS1 isn't the core of their hifi setup.
>>61296583
Audiophiles are a special flavor of mentally defective. My father's worked in audio for 40 years and sometimes gives me the rundown on the latest placebo shit that he's seen people eating up. It's incredible.
>>
>>61296375
SCPH-1001 are the audiophile ones
>>
>>61297284
SCPH-1001 and 1002 are the same thing, the 1001 being the NTSC version and the 1002 being the PAL one. Also, the 500x have the same DAC but lack the RCA outputs.
>>
>>61297186
please tell me more i always find fascinating what kind of scam people fall for, like those rocks that made audio better
>>
>>61296148
that's pretty anyways
>>
>>61296148

old article

old meme (thats real)

that early playstaion was actually a good cdplayer - i got one for peanuts for that exact purpose

its was a different time back then.... decent entry level hifi cdplayers cost >$600 dollarydoos

but now... cd ? physical format ? 16 bit ? ewww
>>
>>61297382
I think the best recent one was a pair of speakers. Can't remember the make or model but there were two versions, one costing about $400 more than the other. The primary difference being claimed, other than slightly more expensive drivers, was that they contained a 'resonator' that was supposed to vibrate at the same frequency as the music or something and enhance the audio. Best as anybody doing a teardown could figure, the 'resonator' was a short length of wire dangling off the drivers and doing absolutely nothing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.