[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a projector thread? Is anyone here used to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Cinema-Projection-Port.jpg (154KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cinema-Projection-Port.jpg
154KB, 620x400px
Can we have a projector thread?

Is anyone here used to buy projectors for kinos?

There are only few good kinos restored to 4k.
I was thinking not to go for 4k and to stay on a budget around 2500/4000 dollars.
Painting the room black, the screen also around 500/1000 dollars.
What would be an ideal screen/projector combination for mostly black and white movies?
>>
>>61294578
continue

Also, I am thinking about a complete control of the lights in the ambient and to put the projector precisely aligned to the center of the screen, to spare money on image correction.

I never see projectors' threads, I wonder if anyone would buy it only
for kinos if they could afford it
>>
>>61294578
Check JVC's offerings for that budget. They have the best contrast ratio and black levels last I checked. LCoS tech altogether is what you want.

You can build your own screen for less. Get more image quality for your dollar investing more into your projector. You only need a 1k screen if you want something motorized or that that will work well with ambient light.

Also you won't get much help here. /g/ is full of plebs that think every projector is some $200 chinese sack of shit and base their opinions on that. Check AVSForums.
>>
>>61294578
Id like a projector but they cost too much...
>>
>>61295124
Get on /csg/
>>
>>61295036
I thought myself of LCoS. I want to spend as little as possible on adjusting features or zoom. Thank you. I am reading projector central to see if it is any good.
>>
>>61295225
I don't think you necessarily pay extra for features like that at this budget. It's more DLP projectors have less room for lens shift. 3LCD or LCoS shouldn't have this issue. And at 2k+ I wouldn't bother with single chip DLP.
>>
>>61295391
Thank you, this filters a lot my research, you saved me some hours of comparisons. But isn't a quality surface best bought than made? We are talking about how light reflects. I am even choosing non bright colors for the room.

Also if what I read is right, the minimum usage of the zoom gives the maximum brightness.
>>
>>61295712
You buy the screen fabric and build the frame. Quality is up to you. You pay significantly less buying the raw materials. Look up Carl's Place for an example. They sell kits if you don't want to do the wood work.

The shorter the throw the brighter, yeah. I think you'll find it isn't that significant though unless you're trying to project in a warehouse way in the back or something. JVC's current line up is plenty bright enough for 2D viewing for any normal throw. You want to aim for a comfortable 14-18 foot lamberts anyway. Brightness should only be an issue for 3D.
>>
Contrast ratio and black levels are then the only specs I need to be comparing?

Everything seems so awfully standardized about projectors that I am thinking to buy the longest insurance and best rated, because rating seems to be the only way to actually value contrast of a similar budget projector(everyone says it, guides as well).
>>
>>61295975
Yes, you need to read reviews. Manufacture specs are near worthless as once they're calibrated they differ greatly from whatever distorted values the manufacturer makes.
>>
>>61295817
It's worth mentioning that I am European.
>>
>>61296099

Epson Home Cinema 5040UB Projector Specifications this
or the 30.
>>
I point a ~$420 refurb BenQ TH 670 at the ceiling over my bed ask me anything.
>>
>>61296467
Is it worth paying 3k for old movies? I am not really sure right now, JVC seems to have best contrast but it starts with a 3000 budget, which was my limit.
>>
>>61295036
/thread
Friendly reminder to buy a colorimeter to profile your projector and use a 3dlut in mpv or madVR, or rent/burrow one
>>61295124
Go used, plenty of cheap projectors from rich fucks and enthusiasts upgrading their setups
>>
whats the best projector for basebal videos
>>
>>61296587
Can't find a JVC on a budget
>>
>>61296521
Fuck, I'm just a broke college student that can't read the op, that was 6 times my budget.
Now I'm pretty sure 4K projectors under 10 grand are gonna be pixel shift 1080p chips; they play the 4K signal chopped up into 4 checkerboardish frames and play it back at 4x the Hz while wiggling the image.
I'm not a seeker of kino, but my sakuga looks bretty good down at 1080p. I think it'll come down to whether or not you can see the difference at your distances and how long you'll keep the projector around.
>>
>>61296888
1080p is more than enough at any reasonable distance on screens up to 80~ inches
>>
JVC seems mostly American, also they are making it difficult to compare prices, probably because they don't want people to buy used items.

I am fed up with JVC, it seems overly priced and it does only 4k.
>>
>>61297078
JVC isn't true 4k except for their latest flagship that's like 30k. Can't really help you in EU as I don't know that market. They certainly aren't overpriced if you can find a B-stock model in the US. I'd never buy new at this range. As someone else said, there's plenty of them in the used market from people upgrading every year when last years is perfectly fine.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.