[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm about to start a degree in biomedical engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hey guys,

I'm about to start a degree in biomedical engineering in October.

I chose it because I've got good grades and it sounds hella interesting.

But I haven't really considered career prospects, money, or how future-proof it is in the next 20 years.

What do you guys think?
>>
if you like getting cucked by AI taking your job go for it
>>
>>61285324
So far it's a pretty niche field. If you're good at your work, liking it helps a lot, and the field takes off, you might be on top in twenty year's time.
>>
>>61285324
Are you looking to get into high tech prosthetics development, if so, then there are only a handful of those companies available. What is the curriculum for this degree, mostly mechanical and design oriented or are you going to be focusing on medical and biological courses? If so, then you are at disadvantage when looking for a job, since companies want design, production, sales engineers that are specialized in those subjects. If you want to develop future medical instruments or artificial organs then expect to do a lot of research (probably up to a Ph.D. level) to be considered a viable option for the positions at the high-tech biomedicine companies.
You should seriously consider which companies exist in your country, whether you are willing to relocate if nothing is available, what being a biomedical engineer is, the current wages for similar positions and whether you are just gonna be a mechatronic engineer but with a BIO-sticker.
>>
I was thinking of majoring in biochemical engineering but what job prospects would come my way?

What do you guys recommend for a career
>>
>>61285324
>>61285437
You know, these questions are not that hard to google. Know that you are talking to a board of autistic wannabe programmers that have no experience in engineering fields.

Either take your questions to /sci/ or learn to think critically (i.e. find information yourself). I doubt you guys will last the first semesters if you are asking these kind of questions anyways.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.