[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>computer crashes >OS won't start >do startup repair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: startuprepair.png (21KB, 615x460px) Image search: [Google]
startuprepair.png
21KB, 615x460px
>computer crashes
>OS won't start
>do startup repair from flash drive
>it finishes 90 hours later

Really glad I stayed patient, I was tempted to hit the power button on multiple occasions. How can anything on a modern computer take that long? The hard drive is 1TB, 7200 RPM. 100GB free space at the time of the crash. Is it something to do with the speed of the flash drive?
>>
>>61281910
I hear that if you throw a flash drive really really fast, it can damage it. So yes, the speed of the flash drive can be an issue.
>>
when my computer did this it was t he stock mobo failing
>>
>>61281930
It seems like you're implying that referring to drives as having "speed" is a peeve here, like referring to magazines as clips is elsewhere. Is that correct?
>>
>>61281935
Did the startup repair finish for you though? I'm using the computer right now, seems fine. Just played a game. Should I still be worried?
>>
File: He12-Web-400x500.png (167KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
He12-Web-400x500.png
167KB, 400x500px
>>61281910
Microsoft's idea to allow startup repair to run
chkdsk /r
was pure genius
it works great on full multi-terabyte drives

can't wait to get a crash on one of these babies filled to the brim with data.
>>
>>61282403
In the future if this happens should I run chkdsk from the command prompt instead of doing startup repair? I still can't believe it took almost 4 fucking days.
>>
>>61281955
No, they're saying that if a flash drive is subjected to hard impacts it may no longer be able to transfer data as rapidly.
>>
>>61281973
Yes, /v/tard. You should worry about your clueless life.
>>
>>61282783
You don't understand the difference between knowledge and intelligence which in itself is a red flag that you have sub-par intelligence. Fortunately for you there's a board specifically meant for retard containment.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>61282663
chkdsk /f should be enough. it just checks the integrity the file system

chkdsk /r scans every file (all the bytes), then all the free space. freaking retarded.
>>
File: 2343253453245.gif (140KB, 790x548px) Image search: [Google]
2343253453245.gif
140KB, 790x548px
>>61281910
>How can anything on a modern computer take that long?
>The hard drive

Rly meks u fink
>>
>>61282926
Is chkdsk /r essentially what automated startup repair is doing?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.