[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do internet advertising companies pervade the lie that internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: internet_advertising_elements.jpg (52KB, 410x293px) Image search: [Google]
internet_advertising_elements.jpg
52KB, 410x293px
how do internet advertising companies pervade the lie that internet advertising actually works?
>>
If it didn't work, nobody would blow money on it.
Their goal isn't to sell you a product right away, it's to remind you that they exist so next time you want [thing], you might remember that [brand] exists and they might have what you're looking for.
>>
>>61262241
i used to work for WPP using econometrics to estimate the effectiveness of advertising, internet channels don't work, tv works
>>
They simply prey on the desperation of company managers. I tell ours it's a load of shit (I work in IT, they come to me for that kind of stuff) but they get it into their heads that the reason the company is failing is because it's not "no. 1 on Google", rather than the reason it's not no. 1 on Google is because it's an irrelevant little company with little to no reputation in a sea of much bigger fish with big names who everyone's heard of.

Being unwilling to face the truth, they'll believe that if you throw enough money at people in suits who say they can get you to the top of Google, you can become one of the blue chip multi-billion types that spawned from the .com boom.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.