[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>talk with coworker about which CPU cooler is best at the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

>talk with coworker about which CPU cooler is best at the moment
>never enter any pc part website
>a few hours later I see ads on pages I visit about CPU coolers

Explain this shit. I have an android phone.
>>
>Explain this shit
its quite easy, you forgot to install an adblocker

also you are probably hilariously predictable
>>
>>61259908
ad blockers are placeboware unless they actually block the domain from connecting

you are really just blocking yourself from looking at the ads, but your data is still being mined
>>
>>61259908

How did chrome know to show me ads about coolers, if I never visited any page about CPU coolers?
>>
Android listens to your microphone and suggests ads based on what you say
>>
>>61259925
Because you searched about it
>>
>>61259963

That's the thing.
I did not, I don't give 2 shits about pc components
>>
File: VNX5Fl3.jpg (57KB, 466x493px) Image search: [Google]
VNX5Fl3.jpg
57KB, 466x493px
>>61259883
>random customer comes in to workplace
>I have never met this person before
>deal with them as normal
>open facebook later that night
>"add people you may know"
>its the customer from earlier
>no mutual friends
>>
>>61259986

Well that may be based on who is on the same WiFi network I guess ?
>>
I'm scared.

I'm gonna use an old school phone to avoid the botnet
>>
>>61259920
>ad blockers are placeboware unless they actually block the domain from connecting
Now guess how hosts blocking works.
>>
>>61259883
>he has gapps
Serves you right.
>>
File: 1499000042371.jpg (276KB, 1024x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1499000042371.jpg
276KB, 1024x1005px
>>61259951
this
>>
>>61259997
you realiza that for them to know that they should be constantly scanning the network and they need to have each MAC address mapped to every person, right?
>>
>>61260142
You know that the facebook app has all sorts of permissions regarding the wifi of your device, right?
>>
>>61260172
yes, but what you're saying they do is much more than just seeing the name of the wifi i'm on

they need to actively monitor the network for new devices, then when they find one, the need to check whose device it is
>>
>>61259883
>Explain this shit
>I have an android phone

you explained it yourself. More and more smartphones are moving to a locked down, "always on" environment filled with backdoors. everyone has a backdoor on your devices now, the CIA, NSA , Russia, the company that made the phone, random other companies.
This shit is so prevalent and mainstream that I still cant understand why normies still consider it in the realm of crazy conspiracy theories.

you phone carrier can basically track your every movement and everything you do with your phone and are more than willing to sell you out in court.

Most email providers run parse through all your emails and attachments looking for illegal shit

even if you turn off location settings on your phone you carrier can still track it. even without GPS and wifi your phone can send and receive ultrasonic sounds continuously that communicate with all other phones and electronics around that
let them track you

https://www.wired.com/2016/11/block-ultrasonic-signals-didnt-know-tracking/

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/11/beware-of-ads-that-use-inaudible-sound-to-link-your-phone-tv-tablet-and-pc/

you all wanted your cyberpunk world
>>
>>61260142
>>61260206
it probabaly has to do with location settings and
Facebook/instagram "checking in" to places
>>
>>61259883
maybe you're just that predictable
>>
>>61259883
You didn't get CPU cooler ads because you talked about them earlier, you noticed the ads because of it.

That, or your phone listens in on your conversations and tailors the ads based on them.
>>
>>61260253
This is it. Many social media apps recommend you to people near you based on GPS and/or network information
>>
>>61260473

Yeah, I'm switching to a black and white phone good only for calling
>>
>>61260535
Good luck with that after they shut down their 2G network.
>>
>>61260535
doesn't matter
there are enough "smart devices" around you and your home to keep track of you despite you not using any yourself
>>
File: 1497963043098.jpg (159KB, 1019x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497963043098.jpg
159KB, 1019x720px
¿So the botnet is real /g/?
>mfw everything has a microchip in it that can be track down by the government.
>mfw not even safe without a smartphone or even a old ass cellphone.
>mfw even the fucking toaster spies on my every move.

Either ending it or kys myself.
>>
>>61259986
They Facebook stalked you
>>
This is a tinfoil thread
>>
>>61259908
>also you are probably hilariously predictable
It's this

You probably have related interests in PC gaming and programming or some nerdy scifi shit.
>>
>>61261417

Top kek

10/10
>>
>>61262712

I did search for Raspberry pi's , however the as was for the exact CPU cooler this guy was looking for
>>
>>61262735

The ad*
>>
The botnet is revealing itself

Time to become Amish
>>
This thread is scary

Please be fake
>>
>>61259925
Chrome uses your mic to listen for keywords. It's nothing new they do the same on desktop.
>>
i have no idea. google knows my fucking favourite ice cream brand and flavor which i use to buy all the time. i would understand it if my credit card payment info was sent to advertisers or something like that but i only pay with plain cash money so how does the botnet even reach me?
>>
>>61263230
I did an internship at Walmart Labs (their research wing) while I was in grad school.
Walmart does some incredible creepy shit. They collect mountains of data - they have data centers that rival any silicon valley company and crunch more data than probably anyone outside of The Big Four.
>>
your coworker searched for that shit and you have the same ip, dingus
>>
>>61259883
you need to install gentoo on your phone
>>
>>61263799
most plausible
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.