[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>doesn't replace the shitfest that is javascript

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: webassembly-fastest-browser.jpg (150KB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
webassembly-fastest-browser.jpg
150KB, 728x410px
>doesn't replace the shitfest that is javascript
What's the point?
>>
>>61247430

it will be used for mainly gaymes
>>
>>61247430
Less layers/overhead between native machine code.

>gotta go fast
>>
>>61247430
typescript is fine. also wasm will be able to fully replace javsacript eventually but it's not finished yet
>>
>web assembly
Why not just use some vm language at that point.
Running everything in browser is the stupidest idea.
>>
>>61248290
>Running everything in browser is the stupidest idea.

but sadly this is where we are heading. Why have a program, written in C, C++, C#, Pascal, java, whatever and running on your computer when you can have this (((web app))) running straight from your browser goyim? Only $10 a month too, hehehe.
>>
>>61248290
>Why not just use some vm language at that point.
because I can go to draw.io and just like draw myself a fucking flowchart. so can most people no matter what they're running because virtually everyone is guaranteed to have a reasonably modern web browser at hand.
this would be much less convinient if I were required to download and install, for example, JRE and then download and run an untrusted program.
and then there's the UI problem. coincidentally, HTML/CSS has evolved to be objectively the best way to create UI, and coincidentally, a web browser (which everyone has running most of the time) supports that too
complaining about all this is merely retarded contrarianism
>>
>>61248717
>download and run an untrusted program
you're downloading and running an untrusted program either way you dumb fuck
>>
>>61248717
you're thinking along the right lines but what you're forgetting is that everything is "mobile" now. the only thing that needs to happen now is web browsers being integrated into the phone OS so that to the user, a web app is the same as a native app. maybe then we will see an end to the madness that is single-use downloadable apps.
>>
>>61248290
>Running everything in browser is the stupidest idea.
No it's amazing idea, with bad execution.
>>
>>61247812
How is typescript an option here? It just compiles into javascript.
>>
http://webassembly.org/docs/c-and-c++/

step aside javashit, the future of web browsing is binary blobs
>>
>>61247501
>includes half the libraries that exist on the internet

>WHY IS IT SLOWER?!?
>>
personally quite like Javascript myself. Also pretty big fan of things actually running in the browser, rather than trying to get me to download a second application to use what is essentially a website. Now if we could just stop using huge frameworks when some HTML and CSS would do the same thing, I could die happy.
>>
>>61251808
>C and C++ instead of Rust shit

Maybe there's hope after all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.