[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get job writing test code for a start-up >unironically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Doom Sweatum.png (96KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Doom Sweatum.png
96KB, 250x250px
>get job writing test code for a start-up
>unironically make $60/hour
>basically do nothing at all
>so far have only been tasked to write one sql injection function in nodejs
>asked to work remotely
>they said yes
>mfw literally get paid $60/hour to play CSGO, shitpost and write retard tier code sometimes

and people told me college was a scam
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 256x256px
Get ready to be fired when they budget cut, or watch the startup fail altogether. The fact that they’re not utilizing a $100k annual employee at all screams bad management.
>>
>>61246257
Enjoy the power of capitalism while it lasts.

>>61246841
Until you get married, you dont need stable income. If he is clever frog poster, he will save 40% of his income as cash and use 10% to experiment with cryptocoins.
>>
>>61246257
Lucky bastard. You could live in a Mountain cabin and shoot funz & game all day long...
You could go to the local town and laugh at wagecucks serving your food and pumping your gas...
>tfw wagecuck.
>>
>>61246901
>not putting entire life savings into Cryptos
Never gonna make it
>>
>>61246901
>implying programmers and engineers are ever gonna go out of style
>>
File: 1493222031725.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1493222031725.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>>61246257

60 an hour? fuck breh, i asked for 60k a year, should have said 60 an hour
>>
>>61248262
60k is low as fuck unless you did horribly in school and are just desperate for a job
>>
>>61246841
lmao who gives a fuck that he will inevitably lose his job, he's right out of college
>>
>>61246841
by the time i get cut or the startup dies it would have been time for me to move on for a salary bump anyway
>>
>>61246257
>write one sql injection function
>>
>>61246962
i really have no desire to laugh at wagies, i was a grocery store wagie once, it's really an inescapable trap unless you have connections or access to education.
>>
>>61246841
Losing your job is an inevitable part of working at a startup company. Enjoy the revenue stream and the experience you'll be able to put on your CV
>>
File: cVOV7QH.jpg (239KB, 625x882px) Image search: [Google]
cVOV7QH.jpg
239KB, 625x882px
>>61248277

youre right, i just started though. I also live in a shit state where they tax us for every goddamn thing and nobody knows what the FUCK the state is doing with the money
>>
>>61248326
yes, not as in malware, as in sql table injection. i.e. parse user info and make it usable serverside
>>
>>61248277
Depends entirely where you are. 50k out in Missouri or Kansas is a bunch.

I make 65k/yr with a suite of benefits making it close to 97k/yr with no experience as a junior engineer. I don't really have any expenses so I just dump 75% of my paychecks into savings.
>>
>>61246257
how did you find that startup
>>
The best way to get to OP's level is to have a remote job that is based in SF. Ask for a high hourly wage and then live somewhere affordable.

Expect a lengthy and difficult interview process with unspoken prerequisites, autistics, HR hoops, and puzzle style interviews meant to weed out non-CS grads. Experience and a good track record really help speed things along, so seek out entry level gigs while you prep for the big payout.

Glassdoor, Indeed, and basic googling will help you weed out toxic companies. Programmers tend to get grinded at most startups, so you should avoid them unless they're paying.

Expect to bounce to another job within a year or two. Maintain a network of connections so that you can easily jump ship for the best possible opportunity you can get.

The tech world is a dog eat dog world.
>>
>>61246257
have fun while it lasts until the meme investors move on to the next jewish bay area scam
>>
>>61248277
It's a low salary for the coasts (nyc/California), but kinda average for the Midwest and other areas
>>
>got hired at an engineering firm that requires citizenship
>never will lose my job to a H1B

feels good mang
>>
>>61251557
actually i live in rural new york
>>
>>61246257
Is this you anon

https://www.devrant.io/rants/696223/be-me-graduate-find-job-with-a-start-up-offer-me-1-share-as-signup-bonus-why-the
>>
>>61252437
That is not me, no
>>
>>61252437
As a matter of fact, that is so similar and posted at nearly the same time, i'd bet it's just some /g/tard posting my story, slightly modified, elsewhere
>>
>>61251698
similar
>hired at financial company that requires citizenship
>no outsourcing
>does all tech work in house
feels super comfy
>>
>>61246901
>Enjoy the power of capitalism while it lasts
Commies actually believe this
>>
>>61251557
>dog eat dog world

This is not limited to the tech industry.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.