[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly does an IT support job require knowledge of? Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (48KB, 809x379px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
48KB, 809x379px
What exactly does an IT support job require knowledge of? Just basic high level software and audiovisual shit setting up projectors, plugging in cords etc) or would i need to know programming and shit?
>>
i heard there are a lot 0s. also 1s
>>
you need to know how to fix a printer. and i dont mean changing toner. i mean every intricate detail of every printer under your jurisdiction, how the entire print stack works in windows and especially how it interacts via terminal services if you're into that. how/if every driver works and where you should use the universal driver or model specific. old or new. xps or gdi or ps or pcl. if you can diagnose and fix any printer issue in under 5 minutes you will go far on support desk

i fucking hate printers
>>
>>61244127
Installing adobe reader and ultron
>>
Learn how to ask "have you turned it off and on again?" 50 times a day without getting bored or frustrated
>>
>>61244127
Basically you just need to know how to use a computer. As normies will break it or panic at the sight of avast alerting them of an update
>>
>>61244127
Watch this anon, it'll help trust me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9duxzL8Dfw
>>
>>61244192
/Thread
>>
File: 1457892467876.png (457KB, 770x540px) Image search: [Google]
1457892467876.png
457KB, 770x540px
>>61244177
can confirm.
that, fax machines, how to reset active directory and office 365 passwords, remembering admin credentials, and reinstalling software when they fuck it up.
>>
>>61244177
>>61244656
Ez as fuck both of these, unless your company has some bullshit AD and no NAS to have all those drivers in .bats so it doesn't bundle some stupid shit with the installiation
>>
>>61244248
That is Help Desk, not service desk.

Common misconception is that Help and Service Desks are the same while in reality service desk is the one who goes to the place to "service" and help desk is the one that asks the "have you turned it off and on again?"- Questions.

When a customer makes a req for the support to come by, the job first goes to the help desk, then, if not resolved, it goes to the service desk.

Some companies (HPE, Lexmark, Dell,etc) have contracts that make them employ help desk personnel on a country that their current customer is in. Say if you have a company in U.S and HPE has a contract with you they usually have a real U.S citizen on the phone, and if it goes to india or somewhere else, you, as a customer can make a reclamation due to a breach of contract
>>
>>61244177
Call SHARP.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.