[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got back from a 2-week vacation, and pic related was waiting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 23.jpg (188KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
188KB, 1200x800px
Just got back from a 2-week vacation, and pic related was waiting for me. I've ordered it the day before I left for St. Lucia.

Fully loaded. Ran me about $2000. Yes, I am gainfully employed, so this is nothing.

Question: Will this Machinery run Le-noox, or will a lot of shit be unsupported?

NVIDIA GTX 1050. 4K screen. 1TB SSD.

Also, should I put tape over the camera before running it for the first time?

>inb4 why not let Microshit spy on you? You're not a kiddy diddler, are you?
>>
>>61238999
The XPS line has some of the best Linux support available on modern laptops. That being said I find its a pain to setup Linux because of EFI and disabling SecureBoot and all the other shit jew tactics MS uses to control your machine.

I just use Linux through Virtual Box.
>>
>>61238999
Well, you see, I have just gotten out my Lamborghini... Yes, I'm rich as fuck. to tell you yes, you can run loonux on fucking anything in 2017.

Consider >>>//g/sqt next time anon
>>
>>61238999
anon i have to tell you
thats not a 4k screen
>>
>>61238999

>1050 in a 2000 dollar machine

I really hope you're trolling
>>
>>61240918
>That 4k screen isn't a 4k screen

What did he mean by this?
>>
I own this exact laptop and run Arch on it. Everything works 100% on Linux and I deleted the windows partition completely. A few things you need to do to run linux:
Go to BIOS settings, and change the drive operation mode to AHCI. Disable secure boot. (if you don't do this, linux can't detect the SSD for some reason.)
Then everything should just work, including the wifi (it requires proprietary blobs, so Debian won't just work). After you boot into a DE, the nvidia GPU is still turned on and wasting power. To fix that you need to install bumblebee, bbswitch and nvidia, and then enable bumblebeed. After you've done that the nvidia card will be powered off by default, and you can run programs on it with optirun for better performance. it has really good battery on linux. If you want slightly better battery, install tlp and enable it.
>>
What a terrible fucking purchase.

Enjoy your Dell XP Shit that comes with:

Coil Whine
Wobbles on flat surfaces
3-4 hours of usage on 4k monitor
Shit speakers
Terrible trackpad
The display has a ton of issues. (too vibrant and darkens around the edges lol)
The webcam is positioned right under your fucking ballsack lmao
Can't open it with one finger
Pimped up with carbon fiber
16:9 with a 30 centimeter bottom border wat?
Comes with WannaCry 10 Pro preinstalled
The usb type c port is not full bandwidth (BTFO because in a few years everything will be usb type c and you will be carrying alotta fucking dongles)

You should have purchased the MacBook Pro, you dumb fuck, but you probably got influenced by these broke indians that shit in the backyard
>>
>Camera location
Otherwise good job anon
>>
>>61241000
its fake
>>
>>61238999
Browsing from the same thing. Precision 5510 masterrace
>>
>>61243396
>namefag
>macfag

Oh boy, why even post when no one will ever care what you have to say, my man?
>>
>>61240899
Nothing I did would let me set up Arch on my UEFI system with Ryzen. Im no advanced user but fuck I ran 2 different Arch installs on my X99 build with UEFI for almost 14 months.

I finally gave up, cried, and used Arch Anywhere. Worked the first time thankfully but why the fuck is Arch so complicated to install on UEFI? Also fuck UUID naming
>>
File: DDwD8QoXYAU0fKT.png (289KB, 640x307px) Image search: [Google]
DDwD8QoXYAU0fKT.png
289KB, 640x307px
Alright boy, I'll just wank about how ya shoulda bought macbook pro 15".. There isn't enough of those comments round here anyway.
>>
>>61240964
Anything above a 1050 would throttle. You're paying for the display and superior build quality, if you want gaymin then get the aero 15.
>>
>>61243547

> the display and superior build quality

Are you talking about the MacBook ? If not, then LMFAO!

That Dell wobbles, it has a mushy keyboard that bends the entire unit when writing on it. Comes riced up with shit looking carbon fiber and so on (read my previous comment)

lol at superior build quality
>>
File: Cucfb_jXgAAhzvS.jpg (10KB, 320x359px) Image search: [Google]
Cucfb_jXgAAhzvS.jpg
10KB, 320x359px
>>61243609
>>
File: macbook.jpg (548KB, 1919x1081px) Image search: [Google]
macbook.jpg
548KB, 1919x1081px
>>61243396
>>61243609
this to be honest, i love my macâ„¢ brand macbook
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.