[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You'll never be this good. http://www.ioccc.org/2012/en

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-07-04-234353_685x324_scrot.png (25KB, 685x324px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-04-234353_685x324_scrot.png
25KB, 685x324px
You'll never be this good.
http://www.ioccc.org/2012/endoh1/hint.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMYfkOtYYlg
>>
>>61222214
Cool
>>
just kill me
>>
>libraries for visually representing fluid dynamics are all over the place
>libraries for converting images to ASCII are all over the place

You're literally just gluing stuff together.
>>
>>61222382
https://github.com/mame?tab=repositories

btfo
I bet you haven't even written your own compiler
>>
>>61222475
i bet you havent even written ur own OS
>>
>>61222475
I have written my own programming language. I now write most of my software in that language. The only C I touch is the implementation code for the language, and it's just a simple interpreter.
>>
>>61223430
please show us
>>
>>61223518
It's far too early to release it into the wild. Languages are forever. As soon as people start using it, I won't be able to change it anymore. Besides, it has only one target right now: ARM Linux.

I can answer questions about implementation. Ask away.
>>
>>61223557
Why did you write your own language?
>>
>>61223601
Because he think he's better than a whole professional team working on a sponsored open source projet over 10 years
>>
>>61223634
I mean, to me, it just seems like reinventing the wheel.
Unless, of course, his language does something else, or something better, than other languages?
But I doubt that.
>>
>>61223557
What was it implemented in, only C?
>>
>>61222475
I bet you don't even have divine intellect
>>
>>61223601
Why not? I found that it's a really interesting subject. Before I wrote my own thing, I learned over 10 languages and studied their implementations. I absolutely love delving into the guts of virtual machines and figuring out how they work. It really changed my perception of how languages like C# work.

>>61223634
I just don't like to make programs for end users. I like making programs for other developers and myself. Infrastructure.

>>61223653
I like reinventing wheels. This language isn't about being "better" than other languages, it's about pushing one concept as much as I can.

>>61223708
Yes. One of my design goals was to make a fully independent implementation. My interpreter currently compiles with zero dependencies. It doesn't even depend on libc. The other design goal is to implement as much functionality as possible from within the language itself.

I designed the language as a low-level Linux scripting system. It can directly issue Linux system calls. I chose Linux precisely because its system call interface is stable.

Memory allocation is the first problem I faced. There's no malloc so I had to do it myself. The implementation bootstraps the language in a limited environment where only a limited amount of static memory is available to the language's garbage collector. System call handlers for mmap and read are implemented in the language itself and their code is included in the program image. The first thing it does after booting is mmap additional memory pages.

I wrote an extensible garbage collector that can be interfaced with from the language itself. So the language mmaps some pages and then passes them to the garbage collector, giving the boot process more freedom. Eventually it registers memory allocation and deallocation functions, making it automatic. It's very reflective; at any point I can mmap in a page and give it to the system if I want. I can get information about the memory usage. Very dynamic.
>>
>>61223954
didnt read this
>>
>>61222214
But the important question here is: when is Fluid Druid Simulator coming out?
>>
>>61223954
>it's about pushing one concept as much as I can.
Which is?
>>
>>61223954
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>61224153
Minimal, open implementation for a language. By "open" I mean it exposes its mechanisms so that the language can interact with them.

>>61224162
Why do you say that?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.