[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the success of this is riding entirely on whether or not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Windows_HMC_1920_logo_img.jpg (19KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Windows_HMC_1920_logo_img.jpg
19KB, 800x450px
>the success of this is riding entirely on whether or not Microsoft can convince software developers to put their apps on the Windows Store

Can they pull it off?
>>
The Windows 10 Store now has desktop software like Slack, Krita, Inkscape, Telegram, Evernote, and Tweeten. They just got Spotify and Apple is planning to bring iTunes to the store as well. If they keep it up, it might not be looking too bad.
>>
>>61195225
>The Windows 10 Store now has desktop software like Slack, Krita, Inkscape, Telegram, Evernote, and Tweeten.
so basically everything thats already on a fucking phone

lol MS just needs to do a hard reset or quit this software game, they're not good at it.
>>
>>61195059
there is no reason why it shouldn't work. however I gurantee you that those "apps" will be more expensive. it will be pretty much as the apple app store. there will be some cheap ones of course but exactly the one you need won't be.

It also quite possible for apps to be denied entry, like apple did with the vlc player for ios.

So, the user will "feel" the difference, one way or another.

Now I could make an estemate on how more and more users will leave windows and start using alternatives, but honestly I thought that about pretty much anything microsoft did in the last decade and they still have users. Retards will be born every day.
>>
>>61195059
They've already got a few apps ported over with project Centennial. Hell, even iTunes is coming.

It's possible. Though those apps still aren't native UWP.
>>
>>61195059
No, it will fail like Windows RT.

Microshit doesn't know wtf it's doing.
>>
Honestly, I like the 1-click-install and auto-update convenience the Store brings. I hope every Windows app still being supported gets on the Windows Store. I don't like having to hunt all over the internet to download EXEs every time I reinstall.
>>
File: think.png (126KB, 589x541px) Image search: [Google]
think.png
126KB, 589x541px
>>61195243
>lol MS just needs to do a hard reset or quit this software game, they're not good at it.

>they're not good at it.

>One of the largest software vendors in the world
>>
Microsoft is taking a huge Apple/Nintendo-style risk with this. It has the potential to I turn the Windows Store into a powerhouse software repo.

If they can pull this off, it could be a new golden age of Windows like we've never seen before.
>>
>>61195059
Windows 10 S got owned by a word macro virus, why is this allowed in 2017?
>>
>>61195333
Anyone who knows better already moved on from Windows. Its only good for games and normies dont care as long as they can browse YT and Facebook.

Their app store idea would actually be nice if WIndows wasn't already a bloated piece of shit and you couldn't get the same products much easier elsewhere. There's no incentive. It just comes down to them begging people to use products they've spent so much time on.
>>
Someone brought in a laptop with Windows 10 S. Took about 2 minutes googling to figure out how to update it to Windows 10 in the options.

I hope this shit takes off. Normies are too retarded to be allowed to download anything off the net. They should be caged to walled gardens.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.