[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, So I've had a few basic IT jobs, but I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: CompTIA A+.png (52KB, 1414x1242px) Image search: [Google]
CompTIA A+.png
52KB, 1414x1242px
Hey /g/,

So I've had a few basic IT jobs, but I've been looking for something that will pay me a bit more than I'm making now. I don't have any of the certifications that a lot of the places I've been looking at strongly prefer (A+, MTA, Network+ etc).

Is there any way of finding a job that will pay for me to get these, or am I gonna have to shill out of pocket for these fucking things?
>>
It's easier to get a job if you already have entry level certs.
>>
>>61194133
It depends how young you are. I have heard of some companies hiring people right out of college that will pay or compensate you for certs. Other places may make a deal were they hire you on the basis that you have to get the cert within a timeframe.
>>
>>61194374
That's what I've heard as well. Pretty young, but haven't finished college yet. Might just shell out for A+, just so I have something to start with
>>
>>61194812
I would at least talk to the places you are interested in first. As long as you have a few years worth of experience they may be willing to work with you.
>>
>>61194812
If you get your A+ before you graduate you can pretty much guarantee yourself a spot as one of the student IT staff at your college which will get some much needed work experience.
>>
>>61194133
Another thing that you should do is check with your college and see if they can give you a student discount, credits, or even pay for it with financial aid. They offer a discount when you take it at my hole in the wall no prestige community college so I bet they will offer it there too.

Go here and see if your school is a registered testing center: http://www.pearsonvue.com/comptia/
You may be able to get it done through your school. Another thing I wanted to ask is what kind of jobs did you have and how much did they pay? I was hoping to see if I could apply for some of the IT jobs with my employer once I get some certs/finsih college. The starting pay depending on some factors is around 15-20 an hour.
>>
>>61195136
First place was a family owned art gallery. Place payed be $15.50/hr, and I got in pretty easy. Mostly cause they had no fucking clue what they were doing, and everything was set up by the last guy who worked IT. Mostly just ended up selling art online and maintaining their web site.

Place I'm at now is really just a contact IT help desk that does Office training as well, but I only make about $13.50/hr, and the call volume expectations are obscene.
>>
>>61195270
*contract
>>
>>61195270
That is pretty great much better than minimum wage, good work experience, and looks great on a resume. What would you recommend for learning Microsoft Access? I am currently doing a simple project for class and there are small details that are causing me problems.

For example we need to create a simple table and form that best replicates a custom table we filled in for a previous project in excel. So for example one field asks what is the software's recommended processor speed? The prof had it set up to divide the number you typed in by 1000 and automatically correct it for you. So if you typed in 466 it would create .466, or if you entered 3 it would correct it to 3.000. I was curious if you knew how to do that like make a validation rule, or calculated field or something?
>>
>>61194133
Study and read the A+. Get ITIL, an MCSA, VMCA, and Linux Essentials cert.
>>
>>61195270
quit your job, call centre bollocks dosn't look good for anybody

>>61195549
are you doing your it gcse lmao

didnt even know ms access still existed
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.