[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/. I work in Silicon Valley as a software eng for some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

Hey /g/. I work in Silicon Valley as a software eng for some of the biggest tech companies. I'm tired of working on their stuff and want to build and own something from the ground up. What do I build?
>>
Go contribute to netrunner
>>
>>61189664
Contributions are great but I'm specifically looking for projects that I can build and own from the ground up.
>>
File: 1494522004102.jpg (176KB, 568x543px) Image search: [Google]
1494522004102.jpg
176KB, 568x543px
>>61189692
>>
>>61189692
go build netrunner from the ground up, theres nothing to contribute to anyway
>>
>>61189692
drivers for temple os
>>
>>61191333
Netrunner is that cyberpunk MTG clone, right?
>>
Make a website to build personalized dragon dildos, then 3D print it and deliver.
Make a Kickstarter.
>>
>>61189649
Build as in software or as in hardware?

Anyway, here's a suggestion:
Get a server, install a hypervisor on it (either Xen or ESXi).
Then, setup yourself a FreeNAS. Also, install pfsense and play with it.

Of course, you can always choose a classic path:
Install gentoo.

If you decide to do all of that, you can as well use your server as a compilation node for gentoo. You're gonna need distcc for that, but ccache can help you too though not required.

Good luck, have fun.
>>
>>61189649
good ideas aint cheap
>>
interactive dildo technology
>>
>>61189649
VR girl friend
>>
>>61192474
Not looking for a "billion dollar idea". Just a good project to invest my time into. This isn't a "I'm trying to get series A pls help" post.

A better way to phrase my question would be "what's a piece of software you wish existed right now".
>>
>>61193201
Over saturated market as is.
>>
A good browser
>>
>>61193749
Over saturated. If I spent the rest of my life making a browser it'd be a shitty version of lynx.
>>
>>61193624
not your personal idea machine

I can be however for a wage and a slice of the stocks once it gets off the ground

ill be your steve ballmer
>>
>>61192446
Setting up infrastructure isn't a software project.
>>
>make an app that's like tinder but for cucks
>advertise on /pol/ and /fit/
you will end up having moderate success. you can even add features like uber delivery for "premium" members of your app
>>
>>61189649
there is now indisputable evidence for the harmfull effects of NNemf which will increase substantially with the rool out of 5G tech

You would do well to develop tech which can be the fall back when 5G proves to be the extremely damaging (to human health) tech I expect it will become...

once childhood autism and alzheimers/parkinsons' begin exploding along with many cancers we will hopefully move to outlaw these malignant technologies but people will want SAFE alternatives... that or some app which detects dangerous non-native electromagnetic fields to help people avoid their dangers.
>>
>>61193846
Tinder for cucks. You mean Craigslist?

I doubt I have the finances to scale to the demand of cucks on /pol/.
>>
sex robots
>>
Torrent tracking and distribution that can't be shut down. Decentralized tracking maybe?
>>
>>61193846
>implying /pol/tards have wifes
>>
>>61193925
This could be an interesting idea but aren't DHTs already decentralized? Or do you mean a different aspect of tormenting?
>>
>>61192401
Kek'd at this. Seconded for the dragon dildos shop.
>>61189649
Have you tried making and selling lemonade?
>>
fuck your ideas nigga its all about execution
>>
just take something you can already do, double the price, add a smart phone app, and SF homos will love it

see blue apron, soylent, juicero, etc
>>
make a 4chan android app
>>
>>61189649
save some money and go live in a trailer out in the boonies
>>
>>61189649
An app that is a crowd sourcing for ideas for apps app
>>
>>61189649
Robowaifu startup.
>>
>>61193871
Don't forget how ((they)) put autism in our vaccines.
>>
A cat rental company.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.