[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi one of my 2 GPU fan just fall detached to the floor and it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Hi one of my 2 GPU fan just fall detached to the floor and it is not working good and do too much noise, it is detached from that thing that maintain it added to the card, how can i fix it ? it keep stable but do too much noise

>pics related

sorry my english, the card is a shappire r9 280 from 4 years ago
>>
>>61184690
>>
>>61184695
contact sapphire on twitter show them these images
>>
>>61184690

another
>>
Oh shit man that's a big sign you have plasti-rot. Basically, there's something in your house (usually shit quality chinese goods) that is leaking plasticisers into the air. Other plastics absorb this making them warp, go brittle, and eventually break.

Computers are more susceptible to this because of the amount of heat-cool cycles they go through.

I'd advise making a new computer because that one may only have a month left. You should also throw plastic things out like cheap plastic plates and cooking utensils. I would also strongly advise getting a blood test from your doctor, as well as getting everyone in your house tested too.
>>
>>61184712
another one

>>61184708
thanks

any more help?
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/85mm-Sapphire-AMD-R9-280X-280-270X-Dual-X-Fan-Replacement-FD7010H12S-0-35A-R158a-/171568714381?hash=item27f24ad28d:g:efwAAOSw~OVWvy1g
>>
So i have to buy a new one and but it by my self? there is no another solution?
>>
Yes, this is the easiest and the cheapest way. Sapphire has 2 years of warranty.
>>
>>61185000
thanks
>>
>>61184720
My fucking sides.
Why the fuck do you need a fan if you're gonna let that much dust inside?
Just let it burn, baby.
>>
>>61184690
The Sapphire Dual X 280s&280xs & 290 were notoriously bad as far as fans go.

They're flimsicky rubish.

I personally had 3 fail on me.

You could try to get an aftermarket cooler for it, or scour ebay/forums for a non fuctioning 7950/280/280x.

You could also just DIY with another fan
>>
>>61184690
Everyone in this thread is retarded. If you still have warranty, contact sapphire via RMA. If not, the motor/fan is fucked, before you can even think of replacing the fan you need to get the rod out of the bearing first. And to do that you need to dismantle the entire shroud, and remove the fucking rod from the other side of the fan. It should be held in by a rubber o ring and a plastic washed, since the rod broke off, just pull it out. only then can you replace fan only. If not, you have to replace the entire shroud.
>>
>>61185249
He probably forgot to install gentoo that's why
>>
>>61185249
no summer, only you are a retard. /g/ is not your personal tech support forum. you an op can kys
>>
>>61185249
>Everyone in this thread is retarded.
>If you still have warranty

Hey retard the fucking GPU is 4years old as it says in the OP itself
>>
>>61185249
The fan is just screwed with 3 tiny screws on a tiny piece of plastic base.
Only other thing to do is unhook the power cable.
>>
what if i glue it ?
>>
File: 111.png (2MB, 1586x721px) Image search: [Google]
111.png
2MB, 1586x721px
where i have to apply the glue ? in red or blue circle ?
>>
>>61187422
both
READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>61187528
where? i dont find anything about it
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.