[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mom keeps filling her computer with viruses that i waste my time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: random image.gif (72KB, 896x1160px) Image search: [Google]
random image.gif
72KB, 896x1160px
mom keeps filling her computer with viruses that i waste my time deleting every 3 months or whenever i come home from my uni. i'm thinking of installing a linux distro that looks like windows so she can't fuck it up anymore. she only opens chrome, firefox and skype anyway. what is the best distro and theme for this? i'm not a haxor linux user either, i've been only using xubuntu for a year or so. laptop is some acer shit.
>>
File: 1485389332854.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
1485389332854.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>
>>61161468
fuck you tv
>>
>>61161447
Did you make her account separate from the admin one? Easy as that.
>>
install gentoo
>>
LXDE
>>
mint works enough like windows. or ubuntu mate with the redmond layout
>>
KDE is Windows like and the most polished DE on Linux right now. Unfortunately it's qt based
>>
>>61161447
Why not just give her an av and don't give her admin ?
>>
File: 1374425503028.jpg (40KB, 355x417px) Image search: [Google]
1374425503028.jpg
40KB, 355x417px
>>61162296
>Unfortunately it's qt based
>>
>>61161447
FarenOS, comes out of the box just like windows 10, 8, 7 and has themes all the way back to like 98, that should be good
>>
Install a proper adblocker. Removes dumb popups and adware filled installers from searches.

Did it for my tech illiterate grandfather years ago and he has had no problems other then his CMOS battery dying and fucking up the system clock/win key.
>>
her hp printer probably keep reinfecting her
>>
>>61162133
Seconding Mint
Just put a browser icon and a Skype icon in the middle of the desktop and expand them until they're comically large. Worked for me
>>
>>61161447
Just give her a tablet
>>
>>61161447
Just put he on an account with no admin rights.
>>
>>61161447
Xandros is the closest you get
>>
>>61161447
I put xubuntu on my mom's laptop without any problems
>>
Get a Mac
>>
Just giving you a heads up but Acer laptop are a bit annoying to deal with if you're trying to install Linux on it. You'll probably get a no bootable device error after starting up for the first time. Here's the fix for it: https://itsfoss.com/no-bootable-device-found-ubuntu/

But I think >>61163937 has the most reasonable idea.
>>
>>61161447
just put linux on it

>>61164289
this is windows, theres always gonna be a way
>>
Solus is the easiest to use distro and functions better than Ubuntu/Mint
>>
>>61161447
Just install windows 10 enterprise and install antimalware and parental controls or get her a 2013 Macbook
>>
PClinux os(yeah, that is the name)
http://distrowatch.com/table-mobile.php?distribution=pclinuxos
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.