[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having overheating issues /g/, pic related it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: overheatingissues.jpg (272KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
overheatingissues.jpg
272KB, 1024x768px
I'm having overheating issues /g/, pic related it's my computer

But really though, how often do you dust your shit? How serious is the risk of moisture in an air compressor?
>>
>>61139892
once a week. a simple dusting will do. like, how often do you clean your room?
>>
>>61139922
Once a week? Jesus, when I dust mine every four months I barely get any poof of dust at all
>>
I dust it around once every two or three months, more or less. Having a negative air pressure helps a lot.
>>
>>61139971
dust is one of the biggest problem in where i live. in one day there will be thin dust covering my monitor. that's why i need a constant cleaning over my room, pc included
>>
>>61140026
So you live in that town from Interstellar?
>>
>>61140097
no. just an average industrial town.
>>
dust the shit out of that
the tiny bit of moisture in compressed air is not a big deal if the computer is off, especially not canned stuff

i live near a bunch of refineries, train lines and steel mills and even my shit doesnt get anywhere near that bad, is this from inside a factory or something?
i worked at a place that had a lot of old screw machines, high speed forging machines and a couple of large blast sanders, so there was this mix of machine oil and graphite dust in the air that got into everything, and even that didnt look as bad as your machine
>>
>>61141142
OP here I just snagged that picture off google. I work at a tax pass through entity that processes over a million pieces of mail a week during peak season. We have cutting machines that open the envelopes and make a fine paper dust out of every envelope. Our shit gets that bad at least every other week. We go through air compressors like most people go through oil in their car
>>
>>61141306
Then you might wanna invest in some good quality filters for the case.
>>
i always use a air compressor to clean mine out, just be sure to hold your fan blades so they don't spin
>>
>>61141390
also reference cards with blower motors should be taken apart and blown out, i've had dust stay in there and block the air path even after using a compressor
>>
>Muhammadan sandnegro
>Complete disregard for tech
Wow, so surprising.
>>
>>61141306
get some air filters for the intake fans, some foam seal for the edges of the openings so stuff cant pass through there, check the filters often and clean them out

when you say air compressor, you mean like some cans of compressed air, or like an actual gas/electric compressor on wheels?
if its that bad, its on everything else too, invest in a good vacuum, i have a shark something and it picks out fucking tire wear and exhaust soot from the road that settles in my carpet
put a coffee filter over the actual filter so you dont have to clean the filter, protip
>>
>>61140386
Move out if you value your life. All that industrial dust will be going into your lungs too.
>>
>>61139892
Once a year I'll tear my system down.
Blow the dust out, clean the heatsinks and fans.
Normally I just use can air to blow out the case and a damp paper towel to wipe the fan blades off and the case.
If its a system with a lot of dust, I'll use a toothbrush on heatsinks and fan blades, and a damp paper towel for wiping down hdds/ssds, optical drives, case, cables, etc. For the motherboard i just spray the hell out of it and use a toothbrush for stuck on junk. Sometimes I'll use a small air compressor and blow all the shit out.
>>
>>61142056
yeah same, once a year seems to do the trick
>>
>>61139892
Corsair makes some good products. Just a cheap closed loop unit should work.
>>
File: 1498194758214.png (56KB, 1008x1329px) Image search: [Google]
1498194758214.png
56KB, 1008x1329px
>>61140018
And there's always a troll...
The only thing negative pressure does is making air sipping through every creek and hole in the case instead of going in through the fan filters.

If you didn't troll, well now you learned something.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.