[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he studies computer science or computer engineering >hates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: ,.png (168KB, 727x682px) Image search: [Google]
,.png
168KB, 727x682px
>he studies computer science or computer engineering
>hates math like crazy and fails simple math class
Why?
Math is the fuckin holy grail and you should learn proper math before programming imo.
>>
I agree but I just suck at learning when the reward isn't obvious.
>>
because short of writing for a physics/math application specifically or working on shit like compression algorithms its completely pointless?
>>
>>61138400
but the reward is obvious.
>solving practical problems a lot easier
>thinking outside the box gets trained
>pattern recognition will increase
>better job opportunities because of the above
>>
>>61138320
It ain't _just_ math that's the holy grail.
It's algorithms, equations and theorems you have to understand.

A huge pro is good sense of logic, even when you didn't bother with math in school.
>>
>>61138420
But it is not, you retarded mongoloid. It just trains your fuckin brain and you'll be able to solve future practical problems a lot quicker
>>
>>61138435
or it gives me a fucking headache doing pointless mathematics that i never professionally use.

theres plenty of math in programming to keep you fresh, and it doesnt include taylor series and advanced calculus methods for the mathematically autistic.

i dont write for nasa, i dont need to know doctoral level mathematics and physics. fuck off.
>>
computer science requires basic algebra

thats it
>>
>>61138462
what this guy says: >>61138471
you dont need any advanced stuff. You just need to solve simple equations or just spot a simple linear system and then let matlab/octave solve that.
It is super handy. But most people dont even understand basic algebra, because they only care about gaymen and smartphones
>>
>>61138505
3d engines are pure calculus and physics though
>>
>>61138505
i didnt say anything about algebra. dude you quoted is right, its used extensively and you really cant be a legitimate software engineer/cscientist without it.

but you also dont need to know DiffyQ like a first language either.
>>
File: dangerous-minds_6022.jpg (24KB, 350x208px) Image search: [Google]
dangerous-minds_6022.jpg
24KB, 350x208px
>>61138320
>take online 3d comp graphics course
>instructor starts drawing arrows above variables (vectors)
>says I must find cosine
>pause vid, goto wikipedia
>feel even more lost
>course prereq says "basic high school math"

Welp, I guess I'm just a Mexican after all!
>>
>>61138520
No one will ask you to write a 3d engine
>>
>>61138570
khansacademy?
>>
File: 1498009494118.png (5KB, 50x61px) Image search: [Google]
1498009494118.png
5KB, 50x61px
>CS undergrad
>tfw good at math, bad at programming
>>
>webdev
>lmao, I am pro js programmer, I do not need math, no one need math if you want to code

and then he is asked to do some more advanced sql requests and it turns out that understanding of what caretesian product is and basic relations + sets would be really helpful.

You will not hide from math in cs. Of course you can get a work without understanding of algos or discrete math, but being able to understand what is happening under few layers of abstraction is really helpful to get big picture.
>>
If you fail University math you should not be allowed to study at all.
>>
>>61138570
In Israel we learn vectors in high school
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.