[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate fucking Javascript. Why can't it just fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: no.png (17KB, 1366x613px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
17KB, 1366x613px
I hate fucking Javascript. Why can't it just fucking die off already.
>>
Webassembly might give you a choice in the near future.
>>
>>61135765
just delete the element and you're good to go
>>
My website works without Javascript. You just miss the image galleries. Originally they were made in css as well, but I felt css caused browser slow downs on some computers.
>>
They make all apps client side now because PHP,Node or C# is too complicated for the new programmers
>>
>>61135797
Still, It's not needed at all.
>>
>>61135825
There's also the issue of server load on smaller self hosted sites.
>>
I used to hate JS but since ES6 it honestly isn't that bad anymore. Obviously the retarded webdevs who can't actually program at all and write garbage spaghetti code are annoying, but that doesn't mean the language is bad.
Also, typescript is much better.
>>
>>61137057
>I used to hate JS but since ES6 it honestly isn't that bad anymore.
How has it affected your work with JS?
>>
>>61135765
OPIE BUT WHY U HAT8ING ON JAVASCRIPT IS GOOD PRETTY COLORS COOL COOL
>>
>>61135782
Web Assembly isn't a good target for anything other than low level languages without GC and that won't change for a very long time. Even when using C++ or Rust the amount of supporting libraries you need to ship over the wire makes it completely impractical for 99% of websites.

Web Assembly is never going to be a good target for languages like Python, Ruby, Java etc.
>>
>>61139663
Why won't GCd langs work?
>>
>>61135825
They write full client side apps in javascript because writing javascript on the backend is too complicated? Node is much easier to setup and code with than a modern front end system.

If you guys are afraid of learning new paradigms and languages, maybe you should pick a new hobby.
>>
>>61139719
Some of them will as long as you don't mind downloading a massive runtime and all their dependencies.

Lua or some small scheme implementations might be doable but all of the popular GC'd languages have implementations and dependencies that are in the hundreds of MBs and many of the implementations and dependencies would have to be substantially altered to work within the confines of web assembly.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.