[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to count all the words in a powerpoint document?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 05-09-2014-powerpoint-logo.jpg (43KB, 650x190px) Image search: [Google]
05-09-2014-powerpoint-logo.jpg
43KB, 650x190px
Is there a way to count all the words in a powerpoint document?

Google only points to the native """solution""" which doesn't actually count all the words.
>>
I have hundreds of these shitty powerpoints to count.
I'd rather avoid having to count them manually.
>>
bunb
>>
>>61134822
VBA
>>
Go the bruteforce way and parse the xml in the scripting language of your choice.
>>
So what you're saying is there's really no simple way of doing this?

I either need external software or coding tools?
>>
tried exporting the content into a program or format?
>>
>>61138846
What kind of program or format?
>>
>>61138865
doc=test_doc; libreoffice --impress --headless --convert-to pdf $doc.odp; pdftotext $doc.pdf - | wc
>>
>>61138949
where do i put this?
>>
>>61138985
in the terminal.
Windows have one now right?
>>
>>61139083
I have no idea what that is.

Also, that code seems to say "libreoffice", but I have legit microsoft office.
>>
>>61138985
In your shell session duh.
>>
>>61139098
I'll break it down for you
doc=test_doc; 

This stores the name of the file, in my case, the name of the file is test_doc and I want to store it in the $doc variable.

libreoffice --impress --headless --convert-to pdf $doc.odp; 

Here I use libreoffice to convert the presentation to a pdf.
If you want to use microsoft office, you have to use the built in function.

pdftotext $doc.pdf - | wc

Here I take the resulting pdf and convert it to text, the "-" tells the program to simply print it rather than write it to a file.
The wc program (Word Count) counts the words.

You could also open the pdf file in a reader and export the text in another way and count the words in a text file.

You could also just look down in the corner and see how many words there is.
>>
select all, copy to notepad, copy again from notepad to word. read the properties. done
>>
>>61139276
>select all
Impossible right there.

It either only selects all the text in a certain box, on a certain slide, or everything except the boxes.
>>
I think I found it.

I save the fucking things as PDFs, then convert them to word using some shitty third-party converter, and then make sure no text boxes are skipped in the count.

What a load of shit, but it beats counting in the PPT itself.
>>
>>61138949
there should be a && between libreoffice and pdftotext senpai, you only want to run pdftotext after libreoffice succeeds right
>>
File: 1497821486800.jpg (3MB, 1474x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1497821486800.jpg
3MB, 1474x1600px
>>61139098
>>61138985
Please KYS now
after fucking off back to /v/
technology board looks more like pajeet support skype by the second
>>
>>61139559
There is a ";"
fuck safety
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.