[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently installed Firefox to replace Chrome. What are so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1488044036764.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488044036764.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
I recently installed Firefox to replace Chrome.

What are some extensions that help ensure my privacy? I use https everywhere, adblock plus, ghostery and duckduckgo as a search engine.
>>
> https everywhere, adblock plus, ghostery
Remove this shit and install Smart HTTPS, uBlock origin, uMatrix and Decentraleyes instead.

>duckduckgo as a search engine
DuckDuckGo is a botnet, use startpage instead.
>>
>>61124689
You don't even know what a botnet is.
>>
Another question, is it normal for firefox to be laggy as fuck, like when I open new tabs? This didn't happen under chrome.
>>
>>61124570
>duckduckgo as a search engine
Look at him. Look at him and laugh.
>>
>CanvasBlocker
To counter canvas fingerprinting. I recommend setting RNG to Persistent and also store the data since having it change often makes it easy to tell it's being spoofed. I clear the stored data whenever I switch browser profile.

>Decentraleyes
Less CDN botnet.

>Google search link fix
I use Startpage mostly but sometimes I have to use Google since Startpage doesn't give a good enough result, this addon fixes the URLs to prevent tracking.

>HTTPS Everywhere
Uses HTTPS if available. I don't really notice any difference in terms of performance with this compared to Smart HTTPS.

>No Enumerable Extensions
Hides your installed addons. Many people don't have any addons installed at all, not to mention it helps when spoofing your browser as another.

>Pure URL
Removes utm and similar that is used to track on which website you clicked the link.

>Random Agent Spoofer
Spoofs a bit more than just the user agent. Kinda outdated and its future is uncertain, I recommend updating the browser versions since last version is over half a year old and so are the included user agents.

>Smart Referer
You can use about:config to get the same functionality but it breaks captcha on 4chan so I use this addon since it has a whitelist function.

>uBlock Origin
Will block most ads and trackers. Use whichever lists you feel are necessary for you. Other than the included ones you can find more at https://filterlists.com/

>uMatrix
Takes cares of what uBlock Origin misses. I personally allow only images and CSS. At the very least block media, script, xhr and cookie for third-party.
>>
File: ddg vs startpage.png (608KB, 1525x757px) Image search: [Google]
ddg vs startpage.png
608KB, 1525x757px
>>61124570
Startpage uses Google, check mate. But I agree, it's much better than the duck and brings much more relevant results.
>>
>>61125044
>>61125302
What's wrong with ddg
>>
>>61125355
Shit results. See >>61125302
Claims to collect some data, making it a placebo if you're using it for privacy reasons. Which I'd assume 100% ddg users are.
>>
>>61125377
Ok. What about searx then?
>>
Step One is to go get the custom user.js that some guy on Ghacks started a while back. (search for it, you'll find the github page)

Note that it is not "stick this file here and you're done, enjoy", you must go through it and look at the stuff it's disabling, and modify it with knowledge of the tradeoffs, if you choose. Example: one of the things it does is disallow websites from specifying their own fonts. This kills font enumeration dead, which is one of the easiest and most effective fingerprinting vectors, but it also makes everything use the same system fonts, which you may find awfully ugly. I'd say that that's totally worth it, but you'll be alarmed if you don't go read the file before using it and wonder why fonts on every website changed and all look alike.

The user.js file also removes the need for some of the addons. For instance, it disables webGL and canvas, so you don't need canvasblocker.

>>61125302
>>61125377
>>61125408
Better idea: switch between them. Don't trust any one search engine with all your searches. Even if one of them turns out to be untrustworthy or malicious, you'll have limited the damage - each has only an incomplete picture of your web searches.
>>
>>61125408
More like fuxktaddytits
>>
>>61125170
> CanvasBlocker
Which `B;ock Mode' would be appropriate for day-to-day browsing:
`block readout API' or `block everything'?
>>
>>61125428
>switch between them
There's no reason not to trust startpage. It's open source.
>>
>>61125521
If you want to block it, yeah. It can be done through about:config but not sure which one you toggle to block canvas. Otherwise go with Fake at input or Fake readout API.
>>
>>61124570
>adblock plus
botnet
>ghostery
sells your data
>duckduckgo
sells your data

use:
HTTPS everywhere
uBlock Origin
uMatrix or NoScript
As a search engine you could use ecosia and help rebuilding the forests around the world
>>
Not related to privacy, but is there a way in firefox to display all my bookmarks in a tab, then pin that tab?
The firefox bookmark manager is just a separate window that I can't keep pinned on my session and it's annoying.
>>
>>61125170
>>>Random Agent Spoofer
uMatrix already does this.
>>
>>61126761
It only changes user agent
>>
>>61124689
this
exactly this
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.