[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will you fags admit that wireless charging is a meme? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (698KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
698KB, 1242x2208px
When will you fags admit that wireless charging is a meme? Why would I ever choose wireless over wired?
>Slower
>Can’t even use phone when it’s charging
>Vibrations from calls will knock it off the pad if you’re not there to notice

Maybe when proximity charging is a thing it will actually be viable, but right now I see too many posts about wireless charging as if it’s worth mentioning.
>>
>>61116196
jesus christ sauce
>>
>>61116196
Port longevity. I guess the added heat wears on the battery more, but replacing a battery is easier than replacing a port
>>
>>61116196
Its just for convenience
Just being able to sit your phone onto a pad to charge it is much better than having to grab the cord and plug it in
>>
>>61116196

Pad-based wireless charging is. Now, if that pad was the size of my entire desk or nightstand, and all I had to do was set it on that general surface area in order to charge it, that'd be less of a meme. So would distanced line-of-sight charging.

Personally, I'm waiting on those.
>>
>>61116196
Wireless charging isn't really designed to be fast. If your phone is nearly dead then you plug it in.

What it is is convenient. You just put your phone down and it starts charging. You arrive at work and put your phone on your desk and it starts charging.
You get home and put your phone on the table and it starts charging.
You put your phone on the nightstand and it starts charging.

If you have to use your phone it's okay, you use it and then put it back on the pad.

The only problem is if you are some kind of a yuppie that needs to constantly play with their phone, of course then it won't work for you.
>>
>>61118063

The hilarious part is, you probably objected to the iPhone 7 because you can't charge it and listen to music via wired headphones at the same time without an adapter.
>>
>>61118087
How is that a problem?

It's not like they removed the charging port so you have to charge it wirelessly.

>meet the new iPhone9
>removing the lightning port came down to courage, courage to progress
>just charge your phone over night
>i dont think i have used my phone while it was charging anyway
You know this is what would happen. On Android devices wireless charging is an additional feature. You can ignore it, not use it at all. You can buy a few charge pads and put them in places you tend to spend a lot of time so you can just put your phone down and it starts charging without having to plug it in.

You don't have to change the way you use the device at all.
>>
>>61118155

You were dismissing people who would like the ability to use their phone and charge it at the same time as "some kind of yuppie". I doubt you would be so receptive if someone played that line against someone who wanted to listen to music and charge at the same time, despite that being a far less common use case.

Also, it's looking like Apple is holding off on wireless charging until they can offer something that isn't a low-speed charging pad. Also, there would be some engineering challenges with that on the service side. Service procedures like restores would be tricky without a hard-wired connection.
>>
>>61118202
>You were dismissing people who would like the ability to use their phone and charge it at the same time as "some kind of yuppie".
No, I dismissed people who felt the need to constantly play with their phone as some kind of yuppie. There is a difference.

Apple held off because they hadn't finished working out how to polish their charging pads properly (this is true, they applied for a patent for charge pad polishing).
>>
>>61118266

>Ugh, you people who want to actually use AND charge your phones at the same time. You weenies! Grow up and use your phone MY way!

You sound exactly like the people who defended the removal of the headphone jack. The fact that the charging port isn't actually gone is irrelevant. You're still painting people for whom wireless pad charging is a poor fit as somehow lesser.
>>
>>61118284
Because they fucking are.

The charging port is still there and that makes all the fucking difference because when you do need to charge your phone quickly or use it while it is charging there is a cable you can plug in without having to find a dongle.
>>
I don't see it as being any more practical in certain devices, one specifically being phones. In other wireless accessories it does make more sense. One example would be Logitech's new mice, they have a charging system built into the mousepad which is ingenious. A wireless keyboard or headset could also greatly benefit from such a feature. Home consumer power tools would be fine too, although you're pushing the boundaries with those since they're mostly unused and when they are being used a quick power turnaround is more practical. Basically it boils down to the standby time of any accessory or peripheral and whether they will be in the same place frequently. A phone really meets none of these features though, it's constantly on the move, always in different areas, never on standby, and you want a quick power turnaround; so to me it reeks of a worthless gimmick, though advancing the technology comprising it is a fine endeavor.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.