[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>build computer with GTX 970 >disable Intel onbard graphics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: chrome_2017-06-27_19-38-28.jpg (100KB, 632x614px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-06-27_19-38-28.jpg
100KB, 632x614px
>build computer with GTX 970
>disable Intel onbard graphics from BIOS
>all distros with noveau crash on boot from LiveUSB
>don't want to enable Intel just to install Linux

recommend me distros that come with Nvidia closed source drivers pre-installed, Jewgle wasn't of help
>>
>>61109768
bump
>>
>>61110074
Literally nothing is going to have the drivers for a specific brand of graphics card preinstalled. You're retarded and shouldn't have disabled the onboard graphics before installing your OS and graphics drivers. Stop being autistic and either do it or find a distro that doesn't have graphics to render.
>>
>>61110120
>You're retarded
no shit, he bought a gtx 3.5
>>
>>61109768
are you saying you cannot access your bios? I dont see any problem here, just go to your bios and turn it back on.

and go back to >>>/v/
>>
>>61110120
>specific brand on graphics card
>don't try to find a distro that has the "nvidia" package installed
kys

>>61110182
>don't use GPU for anything than would use more than 2 niggabytes of memory
>just needed more compute power
you're retarded senpai

>>61110282
>turn it back on
no thanks
>>
>>61110311
yup, you are a retard.
>>
>>61110346
>calling people on 4cuck retards
>pot calling the kettle black
>>
>>61109768
Install Gentoo
>>
>>61110788
I did this and I can't be happier thanks anon
>>
>>61109768
Boot with nouveau disabled. I forgot the flags you need to set, but just search for it and you'll find them.
>>
File: gayest_coffee.jpg (109KB, 558x559px) Image search: [Google]
gayest_coffee.jpg
109KB, 558x559px
>>61109768
just use the Nvidia proprietary installer it's easy to get working. At least on debian or Ubuntu.

Download the non-free iso of debian. Install without de. download Nvidia drivers. Install xorg. Install a de. Call it a day.

The Nvidia drivers give you instructions when they fail, so it's pretty easy to get working.
>>
>>61110120
>>61111529
>>61111821
you can do this or do it the non-idiotic overthought way and set grub to boot in init 3
and install the driver package from repo
(if you use debian/ubuntu/arch whatever that has it in repos)
or use the nvidia .run installer but you will need to:
-have build essential packages, sources for kernel and dkms to not fuck up when you update kernels
-blacklist nouveau, this works as well as windows networking (either does or doesnt ,and nobody knows why)
-update initramfs manually just to be sure (this applied to debian jessie from my experience)
so yeah, install ubuntu or debian or whatever non graphical mode, and install drivers in init3.
or just forget linux, and dont make such threads on muh consumerism and generals board pls, godspeed.
>>
>>61110396
You're a lousy shit and soot encrusted leaky ass penis hair filled wok calling the pot calling the kettle black
>>
>>61112099
Idk, times I did Nvidia drivers install I didn't have the repos or just over thought it I guess. last time I remember installing it was on Ubuntu 14.04.
>>
>>61109768
Solus
>>
>>61109768
Install gentoo or LFS
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.