[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in this new age of nonstop weaponized blackmail cryptography,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: heh39.png (393KB, 462x497px) Image search: [Google]
heh39.png
393KB, 462x497px
So in this new age of nonstop weaponized blackmail cryptography, how long before governments everywhere start banning cryptography for civilian use?

You know it's gonna happen.
>>
>>61108784
Good luck, I'm behind seven ciphers. https://boingboing.net/2017/06/26/crypto-denialism.html
>>
What do you mean how long?
It's already started. The UK has tried to ban encryption TWICE.
>>
>banning math
And it pretty much already is. They just throw you in in jail indefinitely for withholding evidence or whatever, or, in less civilized countries, just beat it out of you with a wrench or similarly effective methods.
>>
>>61108784
>how long before
Looks like someone is really out of the loop
>>
>>61108784
That's why everybody should know that
e*d=1 mod (q-1)(p-1)
>>
>>61108784
how do they even prove something is encrypted?
maybe it's just random jibberish data
are they gonna band random jibberish data?
how do you define random jubberish datra?
>>
>>61108821
Anime pron is already illegal there.
Literal facism.

>>61108876
How would that help?
>>
>>61108916
>Police found a cp image on my hard drive
>It has been generated from random bytes
>>
>>61108951
The UK is aiming to ban everything, but then only enforce it arbitrarily so they can detain anyone for any reason at any time.

sounds familiar.
>>
>>61108784
How cucked does a nation need to be to ban math? Surely /pol/ well be outraged over this.
>>
>>61108951
>How would that help?
That's the RSA equation where:
Q and P are 2 prime numbers
E is coprime of (q-1)(p-1)

E is the public key while D is the private one
>>
File: cat_at_computer_0280.jpg (188KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
cat_at_computer_0280.jpg
188KB, 1280x853px
>>61108784
Certain combinations of ones and zeros are illegal.
>>
>>61109019
I know but how would more people knowing that would help?
>>
>>61108784
>people using X for illegal purposes. Let's completely ban it so every usage will be illegal too xDDDD

How can you even manage to live with a single digit IQ?
>>
>>61109054
Knowing this would allow everyone to program their own RSA implementation.

you can't ban math
>>
>>61108951
>How would that help?
It's the basic maths behind RSA. There's more to it, implementation wise, but the fundamentals are mathematical equations.

You could do https with pen and paper if you wanted.
>>
>>61108819
>>61108985
>>>/pol/131541190

>>61109083
RSA implementation are already extremely widespread and easy to use. I am unsure how knowing that would make it even easier, people would not make the computations by hand after all.
Also, textbook RSA without things like proper padding and 4k+ keys is useless
>>
>>61109145

I'm not saying that knowing that equation would be practical. I'm just saying that while programs are bannable algorithms are not, and that's why cryptography cannot be banned
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.