[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is 25 too old to go to go back to school for computer science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: A E S T H E T I C.jpg (71KB, 662x882px) Image search: [Google]
A E S T H E T I C.jpg
71KB, 662x882px
is 25 too old to go to go back to school for computer science and get a well paying job?
>>
>>61107401
No
>>
>>61107487

alright thanks.
>>
>>61107503
no problem
>>
No. Go ahead. CS era is just starting
>>
>>61107401
http://www.businessinsider.com/stressful-lives-of-older-tech-workers-2015-11

Assuming you'll be 29 when you graduate, you just barely have time to get experience before you're replaced.

>Facebook, LinkedIn and Salesforce have young work forces. Google's median age based on data from 2014 is the ripe old age of 30. (See chart on median employee age from salary analyst PayScale, below).

>"At some Silicon Valley companies, the top executives are explicit in their preference for workers under 35," she says.
>>
>>61107537
This is because of a generational shift in preferred corporate culture and educational skillsets, also because tech workers in their 20s are generally no-life-losers who will work long overtime for low pay.
>>
>>61107662
>continue
Oh, because the losers in their 20s haven't learned any better yet, so basically they want to hire young people because they are fucking stupid slavebrain assholes, not because they are better at doing the work.
>>
>>61107401
If you didn't already know 3 languages by 16, you can pretty much consider yourself fucked OP. I personally knew HTML, HTML5, and Haskell by the age of 14 and now I make well over $200,000 since I started.
>>
File: 1497206273646.jpg (320KB, 852x904px) Image search: [Google]
1497206273646.jpg
320KB, 852x904px
>>61107401
Ever heard the acronym POTATO?

you'll be one
>>
>>61107719
HTML and HTML5 are the same, only some tags were added. Secondly is not a programming language but a markup language, like Markdown or TeX.

Third Haskell had no practical application when you were 14 unless you are currently underage.
>>
>>61107401
Yes, they look for young people
>>
File: needful.jpg (175KB, 1136x419px) Image search: [Google]
needful.jpg
175KB, 1136x419px
>>61107401
2017 is too late to go to go back to school for computer science and get a well paying job
>>
I'm 28 and I just got started learning web dev on my own because I hate my job.

No fucks give.

Also, I'm not obliged to put my date of birth on my resume and I look literally like 19-20 at most.
>>
File: daddario2.webm (2MB, 1318x710px) Image search: [Google]
daddario2.webm
2MB, 1318x710px
>>61107401
Why do OP's always ask questions that belong on >>>/adv/ and post a bait OP image?
>>
Just look for a job at actual software/hardware companies after you are done. Instead of millennial run social media companies.
>>
>>61108715
>Fiverr was founded by Shai Wininger and Micha Kaufman on February 1, 2010, and is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel
>>
Go for Electrical Engineering and learn CS on the side. A good coding portfolio with stories about the things you solved will get you far. You can't do this that easily in engineering.
>>
>>61107401
>getting into CS
feel free to ask a 33 year old who's been a programmer for just over 10 years, progressing from:
VB -> C# webforms -> C# MVC
why you're making a shit choice

I'll give you a hint by saying "shit pay"
>>
>>61109243
Tell me about your sideprojects. Do you have any kids? Why not? In what age did you lose your virginity? What's the most succesful company that you worked?
>>
It's not too late, but you could be employed within months if can afford a good 3-4 month code school.

If you're going for a 4 year degree CS degree isn't that useful these days. Look for business school code focused degrees. At IU there's the Informatics program which combines a business degree with code skills and general IT knowledge, way more practical that pure CS. Pure CS is good if you're going to go for a masters or phd and you'll have a very limited job selection but if you can land one you'll be rich. That said it is probably too late for phd.
>>
>>61107401
No it's not, actually 25 is kinda the last call to improve your shitty life OP
>>
>>61109243
"shitpay"
as in?
>>
>>61108737
kek
>>
>>61107401
Of course not, but you will fail anyway because you're a degenerate.
>>
>>61109354
£38k

>>61109278
I'm old enough to have purchased property in 2009; reaping £97k in the housing boom; two new properties, the nice of which i rent.
I draw on the side; patreon faggot extreme

no kids, am married, wife and myself are not after kids yet.
23 to the virginity
Most successful? comany im at now in Horsham UK; it begins with S, you should be able to find it;

Oh and fuck yourself?
>>
>>61109537
YOuve been programming for 10 years and you only make 38k in U.K. Bucks? I'm a us programmer, 37, been programming professionally for mayb 6-7 years, make $140k in us burger bucks.

I work for that big saas company that starts with an S. I live in Midwest if I lived in SF at the HQ I'd make $200k.
>>
>>61109537
I make £30k in a shitty factory job with no higher education. Feeling pretty alright now, somehow thought median salary for programmers are in £70k~. Thanks anon.
>>
>>61109811
yep; it's pretty laughable, the second company i worked at was bought out by Encore, i spent 4-5 months going back and forth to San Fansisco building their dataware house (im DBA/programmer) i'll always remember it because you had fresh graduates being employed for $73K and that was considered shit.
Programming/SQL is shit here in the UK; just don't even bother;

>>61109956
No where near friendo; my current manager who is 53, some 30 odd years experience, hes as high as you can get in the programming ranks and only gets around 70k;
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.