[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKq dDiL8t80 A $70 powerful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: hackintosh.jpg (255KB, 1600x1548px) Image search: [Google]
hackintosh.jpg
255KB, 1600x1548px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKqdDiL8t80

A $70 powerful hackintosh. What do you guys think?
>>
>>61103905
I like when applefags start SEETHING over this
>>
>>61103905
The only reason he managed the $70 budget was because he lives in the states where they sell their systems upgrade surplus rather than scrap them, and because he got lucky with the craigslist lottery.

Meanwhile in the EU hospitals and universities either scrap or sell or recycle their computers, and Craigslist doesn't really exist there, so you're forced to buy new which with taxes won't go below $500. Or second hand which I can guarantee you won't be even near as amazing or cheap when it comes to computer parts.
>>
>>61104077
>EU
no one cares
>>
>>61103905
Macfag here

The $70 budget is deceptive. He didn't pay for the screen and speakers, he lucked out with everything, including the SSD

This doesn't apply just to Mac, it probably outperforms most Windows Laptops too
>>
>>61104077
Make a proper comparison though. While it's right that it's really not that cheap at all, in EU even 6 year old macbooks are quite expensive. You can definitely still build a hackintosh for cheaper, just "cheaper" is not dirt cheap.

I have an X220 with hackintosh that indeed is quite powerful, it doesn't choke too much with 2 monitors plugged and I'll be quite honest, it takes the whole docking/undocking thing like a champ. For 240€ (which is more than what people usually pay for it to be honest) it's quite nice.
>>
>>61104077
You forgit your sissy whitey dicklet tax so mamadou and achmed can get gree housing!

It be 1500euros my slave!
>>
I hate hackintosh.

At the beginning I considered that it had its faults, I could use it beside other OSes and such. That it had these limitations.

A year later I find myself using it as my main OS. I am told that I require Windows for some shit. I cannot go back to that, I got so pathetically comfortable that everytime I use Windows now I feel like I'm missing something and I have to go back soon.

People bitch when they have to get used to macOS for work. I bitch because of the opposite thing. And I've used Windows for 16 fucking years. This took just one year to make me feel like everything else is kind of a downgrade. And the worst of it is that I know perfectly how limited macOS is in several aspects.
>>
>>61104351
Windows is just shit. I got used to MacOS in about half an hour. Just look at the settings for example. I have no idea what people are talking about when they say they prefer Windows, I am always convinced they are shills because I can't imagine why anyone would defend Windows unironically.

What exactly did you like the most on MacOS?
>>
>>61104218
t. out of $2000

does it sting?
>>
>>61104409
No it doesn't.

I don't give a fuck, only insecure Apple haters care about what price you got your shit for, so they can feel good about not having one themselves.
>>
>>61104351
I had to use OS X for work when I switched jobs, i fucking hated it, I complained. I was using Linux Mint at my previous job.

Well two months later I gave in to OS X, I stopped tryouts by to bend it and learned the new stuff. Now I think it's best, but mainly because of iterm2 and spectacle. I even switched my Mint rig at home to a hackintosh.

After using windows 10 at home on my gaming rig, OS X is so much better especially concerning config. Windows 10 config menus are a fucking joke.
>>
>>61104351
use a vm. you can even use gpu memethrough linux shills shill lately on yosemite+
>>
>>61104452
>apple haters
I don't hate apple at all, I'm just not going to spend that much money on a subpar intel HD computer. I even collect older macs
>>
>>61104382
The most? It's pretty damn comfortable in the GUI department. I noticed there's a lot of shit I can do that nobody even fucking told me about, because everyone's shitting on macOS.

For instance, drag and drop, remember how much of a big deal they made of that feature on iPad Pro? That's because the goddamn system utilizes that function for more than Windows or any existing DE on linux. It seems dumb, but there are situations in which it's pretty neat not to have to copy / paste the path to a folder when you can just fucking drag an icon. When you can do the same thing with a terminal or a file picker or whatever the fuck you please.

Or shit like automator. Shit like folders where you can just drop shit and have it automatically get processed in some way I want. iTunes has that "add music automagically to iTunes" folder, and I do use that. If you can reorganize my shit properly without me spending time on it, why not? Nevermind that tagging shit ain't exactly hard. Shame about the lack of FLAC support.

And gestures too. I saw this magic trackpad (1st gen) for 40 bucks after 2 months of hackintoshing and decided to just buy it since I learned that there weren't any issues with compatibility there. Tried bettertouchtool as a suggestion and shit, it's comfortable as it gets. I get keyboard shortcuts, I use keyboard shortcuts, but this thing is damn good as well. I never pictured myself using a trackpad on a desktop of all things. But you can do like 40 things with this goddamn toy. Of course, it doesn't work that well on Linux and on Windows it's bloody useless even for basic actions.
>>
>DOS
>Windows 3.1
>Windows 95
>Windows 98
>Windows 2000
>Windows XP
>Windows Vista
>Windows 7
>Hackintosh Mavericks
>Hackintosh Yosemite
>Hackintosh El Capitan
>Hackintosh Sierra

I can never go back to Winshit.
>>
>>61104468
GPU Passthrough on macOS? Fuck me. I really need to get more information about this.
>>
>>61104640
I like OS X, but the drag to file path thing works on windows and Linux. Try it, open a terminal and drop a file on it.
>>
File: path.png (266KB, 748x503px) Image search: [Google]
path.png
266KB, 748x503px
>>61104687
Yeah I did forget about that.

But for instance, let's say that I want to save a file on a specific folder and I don't want to go look for it on the saving file dialog. If I have the folder in sight I can just drag it there.

There are things that definitely are not necessary but nice to have, for instance pic related.
>>
>>61104977
That's cool but try iterm2, way better terminal. Setup a quake/guake hit key too.
>>
>>61105000
IMO iterm is just a bloater terminal.app. i dont find it better
>>
File: Hackintosh Mac Mini.jpg (56KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Hackintosh Mac Mini.jpg
56KB, 900x506px
From what i know Hackintosh's are mostly ok besides when you need to upgrade macOS you have to wait a long time to install new security updates, and general OS updates.

>>61104218
He has made Hackintosh version of the Mac mini before.

https://youtu.be/GRX-6rWkuzk

https://youtu.be/aZU9KD2YESQ
>>
>>61106261
Nah, installing point updates takes generally around 10 minutes. I find that regarding that, El Capitan updates usually only broke sound drivers which was just a reinstall that took a minute and Sierra doesn't break anything on my end.

But it is still slower, boot times are a bit longer than what you would get on Windows/Linux under the same setup. An SSD is a must for hackintosh.

Now, my PC is dated enough and High Sierra has this APFS and some new stuff, I'm lost about making a new cheap build because AMD seems to be getting better and usually hackintosh is an Intel thing unless you want to have a really unstable system.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.