[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>constantly dreaming of a future where even flyover states

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: tfw.jpg (142KB, 900x879px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
142KB, 900x879px
>constantly dreaming of a future where even flyover states and rural areas of the US can have 50mbps+ internet
>I fell for the compsci meme instead of hardware instead and will never be able to contribute to making it a reality
Tell me /g/, have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to make the world's state of technology better?
>>
Bruh I get 60Mbps for $20 in a third world country, what the fuck is wrong with USA?
>>
Sorry i live in the first world
>>
>>61103203
ESA is launching satellite based 5G in the near future. Too bad the US is so behind on feature technology. I visited New York last month and their mobile network infrastructure is still shit. Kind of embarrassing really.
>>
>>61103276
If only we had some kind of global war to expedite technological advancement.
>>
>>61103203
elect sane social democrats that want to pour money into the sciences because they are a universal good. but good Luck finding more than 5. have fun with the overwhelming number of scumbags ready to rip you off and butfuck you with personal responsibility and nutjob progressives waiting to grab power to chop your balls off.
>>
I also fell for the CS meme, OP but don't you worry; you're still in time to switch to math. 300K starting.
>>
>>61103203
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/06/low-latency-satellite-broadband-gets-approval-to-serve-us-residents/

>>61103324
..wut?
>>
>>61103203
>tfw live in the capitol of a western country
>work as a consultant for the largest IT-company
>tech companies literally everywhere around me, with CISCO being just across the road
>can only get 35mbps down, 10mbps up at the best

Yet my brother who works in a kindergarden and lives in a small town gets fiber and 1gbps both ways.

AAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>61103619
The internet is a product of WW2/the cold war
>>
>>61103619
>satellite net
Enjoy paying for 1000$/month
>>
What's the problem?

4G can reach 50mbps with decent stability and ping (~40-60ms) especially with a home router and in an area that doesn't have a lot of people using it.
VDSL2 is also already deployed in many places, providing 50mbit/s up to around 1km away from the DSLAM.

I mean, if you live in bumfuck nowhere, it just isn't in the ISP's interests to spend thousands of dollars on connecting your single hut with fiber.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.