[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help /g/. I fucked up by not scanning a torrent a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I need some help /g/.
I fucked up by not scanning a torrent a couple months ago and got a virus that took control of my steam. Almost lost my account information and my paypal was connected to it. I was able to lock it down befofe any damage could be done (besides losing a couple old TF2 items).
I virus scanned my PC daily since then, only had threats on the day that shit happened (I've been using Malwarebytes and Windows Defender). The main thing the virus did was close out of my steam so I couldn't interfere with it.
I bought one game this summer sale and they took out $1500 from my bank through my PayPal (I was able to dispute the charges and it's all ok now) but I'm still nervous about this fucking virus since I've installed a few more antivirus software and none of them are saying there are any threats. I've reinstalled Steam 7 times since the first incident.
Yes, I know I'm retarded, but what the fuck do I do /g/?
>>
>>61092339
Reformat your hard drive and then reinstall Windows
>>
What virus
>>
Physically discard your hard drive, buy a new one, and reinstall Windows. Certain NSA-derived exploits can infect drive firmware.
>>
>>61093918
The only solution.
>and it shouldn't take longer than 30 mins to an hour to finish
You'll have pretty much everything up & running in around that time (even as a newbie doing it for the first time)

There are only a few steps involved and it's very straightforward.

My recommendation is just go and Google "how to reformat Windows 10" and follow one of the popular guides.
>>
>>61092339
virus scans never work unless they are offline. get he kapersky rescue cd and learn how to use it.
>>
>>61093918
this isn't even viable anymore, peticularly nasty virii now format and embed themselves in USB firmware devices, so when you connect it to your pc it autoinstalls itself and you're infected all over again
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.