[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>8K displays when even 4K content isn't anywhere near

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1486559169309.png (274KB, 766x652px) Image search: [Google]
1486559169309.png
274KB, 766x652px
>8K displays when even 4K content isn't anywhere near standardized
>4K or 144hz gaming displays when even the highest end GPUs struggle to run games in them
>basic smartphone apps and PC programs which require gigabytes of RAM and multi-core CPUs to run smoothly
>higher resolution smartphone displays and thinner smartphones when even the flagships models are barely getting 4 hours of SOT
>higher resolution smartphone displays when the tangible benefits stopped at ~400PPI
>higher resolution smartphone displays when laptops have been stuck at 720p for more than a decade
>huge unwieldy JavaScript-riddled websites with massive hero images when half of the internet traffic today are phone users who are on bandwidth limits
>4G LTE speeds but with ridiculously low bandwidth limits
>video games and the rare 4K film/show with file sizes in the multiples of dozens of gigabytes when the average global internet speed is 5 megabits/s

Will it ever stop?
>>
>>61090757
Nope, just keep spending your hard earned shekels to upgrade :^)
>>
Just buy a full-hd monitors, they do exist
Oukitel K10000. No meme display, no meme SOT.
You can disable javascript. I even use links2 time to time.
I don't waste my time with muh quality resolution, you can upscale evangelion to 8K but it will never be comfy as watching it with 480i like how people watched it.

But i see your point. normalfags always love higher numbers, higher resolution, it's just about making sales to normals
>>
>>61091742
1080p Plasma monitors are dirt cheapu of you can still find them

TN<Plasma<IPS
>>
Most of these are not a problem and you can avoid them, but JS bloat needs to die.
>>
>>61092215
Where
>>
>>61090757
You forgot 12 bit panel HDR.
>>
>alright guys, we need a mobile site, how do we make this shit great for our users?
>well, since they've got tiny screens and big fingers we need to give them big old buttons so they can navigate to all our great content!
>Genius!
>better give them a search bar and a few rows of buttons which can never be dismissed no matter how much they scroll
>Oh, and make the text on the page huge! They have high res screens that they hold close to their faces so it needs to be really big!
>Genius!
>But sir, with all the banner ads we put at the bottom that can't be dismissed either, won't that make it so that there's only one or two lines of text that you can read at a time?
>Well sure, but people only read one line at a time anyway, don't they? Use your head son, it's 2017, people are more interested in buttons and search bars than words.
>>
>>61092529
Literally my manager's words
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.