[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>company is going to buy a bunch of new PCs for office use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6

File: antenna.jpg (82KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
antenna.jpg
82KB, 800x533px
>company is going to buy a bunch of new PCs for office use
>i told them we could save 20% by buying components instead of prebuilt
>i was given the task of purchasing and installing hardware
>i want to buy some 1080 and i7 and just take them home to use

what is my chance of not being caught?
>>
>>61089274
>convincing your company to buy computers without a service agreement
You work for literal morons, I guess your chance of getting away is >95%
>>
>>61089274
>anon why does this purchasing sheet contain components for 10 computers
>we only asked you for 8
>>
>>61089274
> i told them we could save 20%
>i want to buy some 1080 and i7
LOL@that niggerfaggot.
>>
>>61089274
stop stealing from your employer, Jamal.
>>
>>61089287

well I will just swap the new stuff with my old hardware or maybe i will say it's for spare in case of hardware failure so we don't have too much downtime.
>>
>>61089274
>save company 20%
>not even get a bonus to afford gaymen gpu
>>
File: 1495421286619.jpg (653KB, 1193x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1495421286619.jpg
653KB, 1193x1003px
And here I am getting nervous picking through the computers before my hospital sends them to the recyclers...
>>
>>61089274
It will come up as a discrepency whrn the accountants check the financials. Dont do it
>>
>>61089335
I've made quite a bit of money on eBay selling working parts on eBay so far.
>>
>>61089274
You are a fucking idiot and the company you work for are idiots. I hope you get fired.
>>
stop being a nigger, nigger. do your job right and when all is done and works you can ask for a bonus or a raise.
>>
Dell next business day
Also enjoy getting warranty on each fucking element in pc
>>
>>61089307
>stealing from the people who pay you
>stealing from yourself
>>
Wew lad, is it really worth getting charged for fraud or ruining your career? And you people call us niggers.
>>
>>61089274
Cunny!!
>>
>>61089363
>enjoy getting warranty on each fucking element in pc
no problem with fairly low numbers. I doubt OP is talking about dozens of units.
>>
>>61089274
>buying computers without a service agreement

Enjoy creating more work for yourself when those machines break down and you can't simply just call someone to bring a new one and take the old one away.
>>
File: 1486515126097.jpg (22KB, 346x387px) Image search: [Google]
1486515126097.jpg
22KB, 346x387px
>>61089370
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>61089274
>not factoring in the labour required to put together the machines
>not getting a service agreement

idiots
>>
>>61089325

I think im getting a bonus after completion but I wanna skim some extra anyway.
>>
>service agreements
OP is clearly talking about <10, probably ≤5, machines. Retards.
>>
>>61089384

>implying this won't make me indispensable in management eye
>>
>>61089390
you still pay a sizable premium after assembly and service. the business doing assembly and service wants to be profitable, too.
>>
>>61089414
It's still retarded
>>
>>61089437
Downtime for a business is considerably more expensive than any of that shit.

This guys company will work that out eventually.
>>
>>61089465

This times 1000. Uptime is everything, even if it costs you 20%.

If it's a seriously small firm, you are planning to stay there a while, and you have a store with a good selection nearby though, you may be better off DIY. My firm only has three computers and if any of them go down due to hardware failure I can have them back up in two hours, rather than next day.
>>
>>61089502

my plan is to have an extra machine as backup
>>
>>61089502
>Uptime is everything, even if it costs you 20%.
nope, it depends on how critical computers are for your work (if they're really critical you have spares anyway) and whether you have the capacity to fix them yourself.
I run a small business, the integrated systems which are critical for daily business are redundant and leased, but there are PCs and laptops used for doing generic office work which isn't a biggie if it gets done tomorrow or in a few days and those I build myself, install myself, repair myself (it's not like that happens regularly) and administer myself.

- that is I build them for myself and when I build me a new one the old one goes in the office.
>>
>>61089274
What a garbage employee you are.
>>
>>61089274
Why do you hate your employers so much OP?
>>
File: smoking-capitalist.jpg (55KB, 344x346px) Image search: [Google]
smoking-capitalist.jpg
55KB, 344x346px
>>61089602

Well I am sure you are a good goy who will get rewarded soon.
>>
>>61089420
If all you do is order computers, then yes, you are replaceable.
>>
>>61089634

I also fix them when they break down. Try to keep up brainlet.
>>
File: maxwells-eq.jpg (2MB, 4928x3280px) Image search: [Google]
maxwells-eq.jpg
2MB, 4928x3280px
>>61089378
>>
>>61089522

It's worked for me in the past. We ended up with an extra and so far we've gone through mobo and PSU

>>61089593

Depends on how big the business is. My business just has the two workers, so two computers plus server.

If any of the computers shit the bed we literally cannot get any work done. We're better off with me running out, getting parts and fixing it rather than waiting a day. It's saved my bacon multiple times in the past 7 years
>>
>>61089274
Get one with Integrated gpu. Put everything as it should with gpu and everything. Once the verification is over, took the dgpu and use the integrated gpu.
Resign and get a new job.
>>
>>61089483
>One white steals
"Whites are the real thieves"

>A disproportionate amount of blacks steal
"What do you mean blacks steal more than whites? Are you racist? Your stupid theory is disproven by this one white guy I met once who was a thief, so it's not true that blacks tend to steal more than whites".
>>
>>61089681
>Resign and get a new job.

But why?
>>
>>61089299
not op here.
it isn't stealing but "financial mismanagement"
>>
>>61089665
>I also fix them when they break down. Try to keep up brainlet.

That also means if something does go wrong, it's all on you and you can't blame the vendor.
>>
>>61089719

If it goes wrong, I can blame the shitty hardware.

But when I fix it, I can then take the credit for averting disaster.

also I get to write down "save the company 20%" everywhere.
>>
>>61089274
Everything is wrong about this post.
>>
>>61089274
>work is free
are you working for free?
or are you paid so badly that it's worth less than 20%
>>
>>61089840

You do know that it's not mutually exclusive right?
>>
>>61089871
true didn't think my wording through
>>
>>61089665
>I also fix them when they break down
You have to buy more parts, which is more expensive in the long run and steals time from what you're supposed to do, which is being sysadmin.

Also, anyone can hire a 14 year old to come in and assemble a computer and install some software. Your solution is going to backfire massively. You'll assemble the computer, the boss is going to realise his 14 old nephew can do the same for free whenever needed, and you'll get fired.

>>61089737
>If it goes wrong, I can blame the shitty hardware.
You put them together, your boss will blame you.

>But when I fix it, I can then take the credit for averting disaster.
You will do more work for the same wage.

>also I get to write down "save the company 20%" everywhere.
Your motivation is CV bloat instead of earning more money? Wow, you really are a wagecuck, aren't you?
>>
>>61089274
You are a nigger.
>>
>>61089274
Stupidest shit I've read all day.
Saving with self-assembled only works with individuals.
>>
>>61089274
Cute loli, can I have her?
>>
>>61089274
OP just say it's for your needs lol
>>
>>61089891
>You have to buy more parts,

still cheaper

>which is more expensive in the long run

it isn't

>from what you're supposed to do, which is being sysadmin.

im already idle most of the day

>Also, anyone can hire a 14 year old to come in and assemble a computer and install some software.

they can sure. but they are not going to.

>the boss is going to realise his 14 old nephew can do the same for free whenever needed, and you'll get fired.

k i hope the 14 yo nephew can standby during office hours and can do sysadmin and networking stuff

>You put them together, your boss will blame you.

haha brainlet

>You will do more work for the same wage.

i will get bonus + higher value in management + free i7 and 1080

>Your motivation is CV bloat instead of earning more money?

my motivation is multi-factorial you brainlet
>>
>>61089938
>literal cable monkey
>didn't get a bonus already by supposedly saving the company 20%
>thinks buying new computers everytime one breaks and paying you money to assemble them rather than managing AD groups and firewall access is cheaper than a low-fee service agreement with Dell or whatever.
>thinks he is in high regards in management's eyes

kek
>>
>>61089274
build a "server" that runs "maintenance" on the rest of the machines

order "spare parts" to "upkeep" it
>>
>>61089964

>being a NEET brainlet

yeah ok
>>
>>61090014

but why would a server need 1080?
>>
>>61089274
>what is my chance of not being caught?
0/10 will get caught.
>buying parts cheaper than pre-built.
Kek, no.
>>
>>61090045
I'm not NEET, you dumb shit. And I'm also not stupid enough to believe that management will simply ignore an accounting discrepancy.
>>
>>61090078

yeah management has full mindmeld with accounting duhh
>>
>>61090072
It is. I mean, if there's a sysadmin on a payroll anyway, let him build and service those things.
>>
>>61090102
>order 10 machines
>only 9 in office
>accounting asks management why
>boss ask you why
>>
>>61089274
A friend does that sometimes. He got two capture cards he uses at work (one for free) and kept it. Then they have a lot of intel sticks to hook up on TVs and use some software so he got two for free, and then they bought some new models and swapped them.

Just be sure they are tech illiterates. Don't buy that fucking exagerated hardware if they don't need it, just the CPU maybe and swap it with yours, they won't notice. If you include just one 1080 for no reason they will notice.
I'm sure these guys will just use iGPU.
>>
>>61090115

>brainlet who didn't read the thread

kek
>>
File: pepe-remy-lacroix.jpg (94KB, 599x827px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-remy-lacroix.jpg
94KB, 599x827px
>>61090155
>works a low end cable monkey job where he literally has to steal equipment because he can't afford it with his wage
>calls other people brainlets
Projecting -- the post
>>
>>61090057

for "cryptosecurity processing" since "gpu's are better at encrypting/decrypting data"
>>
>>61090183

>continuing to not read the thread and failing comprehension

brainlet indeed
>>
>>61090185

i dunno man. this would put me in a tough spot if they got outside advice. "cryptosecurity processing" would give me no plausible deniability at all
>>
>>61090155
Notbthat guy, and not sure what youre refering to. Is it:
>Im just gonna say i got a high end cpu and videocard for spare
Because that's fucking retarded.
Or maybe
>ima swap it with my own shit
Fucking retarded.
>>
>>61090185
>for "cryptosecurity processing" since "gpu's are better at encrypting/decrypting data"
Fucking retaded. Non of that is true, even if they dont know that.
>inb4 hashcat
>lel wat is aes instruction set
>>
I'm not the typical high wage /g/ user but I honestly can't comprehend the number of wageslave people here.
OP, I think you should do it. If your management is so dumb, you can probably get away with it. I would.

Society is going to collapse sooner than later, so get what you, while you can, and enjoy it while you can
>>
>>61090228
This
>>
>>61090278
no shit that's why i put it quotes you mong

all this is is assuming his coworkers don't know shit about computers
>>
>>61090286

I know it's pretty sad.

So many people ITT with a loyal dog mentality.
>>
>>61090308
Most of us don't hate our employers. I do work for my employer, and I'm compensated generously through my salary and benefits.

For fuck's sake, I shitpost on /g/ 70% of the time, and I get paid $75k a year for it + get my phone bills taken care of + get my 150 Mbit/s internet bill taken care of + 5 weeks paid vacation + a work laptop which I use as a personal laptop and will get to keep the day I quit
>>
>>61090343

good for you.

Still though, I can get a 1080 for free on top of everything else, and why shouldn't I?
>>
>>61090380
>why shouldn't I steal
If you didn't learn this in kindergarten, you were obviously raised by a pack of degenerate niggers.

By all means, if you want to risk unemployment, loss of future recommendations and even potential legal repercussions for a consumer-level graphics card, then go for it.
>>
>>61089274
>20 x i5 $240
>01 x i7 $340
>01 x 1080 $700
This all looks great, anon!
>>
>>61090429

>i must serve my overlord because that's what they told me to do when i was young

good doggo
>>
>>61089274
Who is this technololi and where can I buy one?
>>
>>61090498
Did you not read my post, anon? I clearly outlined the risk of going through with it and getting caught, and if you honestly think the reward (a consumer-level GPU) is worth the potential consequences, then by all means go through with it.
>>
I don't give a fuck about the moral implications, why even bother? Half the shit in your house was probably made in a sweat shop, nearly everything you own involved exploiting someone at some point in its production. I'm just saying it's a stupid idea. The potential cons far outweigh the potential pros. Someone is liable to notice and then you're fucked. Steal from corporate overlords whenever you can, but don't shoot yourself in the foot.
>>
>>61090536

belarussia
>>
>>61090544
>Not mentioning BURNING IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY WRITHING IN AGONY ON A PLANE OF WORMS AND MAGGOTS WHILE THE VERY AIR IS REPLACED BY A BURNING VAPOR AND EVERY GASP OF BREATH TO GRAB MORE AIR TO SCREAM FILLS YOUR BODY WITH FIRE AND AGONY LIKE YOU NEVER COULD HAVE EXPERIENCED ON THE MORTAL PLANE.
>>
>>61090579
I don't believe in hell, so no, my post didn't imply any of that. Reading this thread makes it clear that appealing to your sense of moral and/or decency is futile, therefore I wanted to appeal to your risk assessment skills... But it's clear that yours are quite poor.
>>
>>61089274
you could probably buy an i7 and swap it for an i3 purchased out of your own money. No one is going to connect the dots, but if you spend $700 on a gaming gpu, someone is going to fucking notice this really expensive piece of hardware and ask why you only bought 1.

Also, sauce on loli pls
>>
You are an idiot IT person OP.
Buy the best you can, and enjoy your downtime.
I am IT Director for a medium sized business with about $75M in annual sales.
We are primarily a UNIX shop, I only buy IBM P-Series Servers, I only buy Thinkpad T Series laptops, with docks to be used at desks.
Things rarely ever have issues. When they do, I call IBM support. I would never trade my relaxing cushy job for a $500 video card. You are a moron.
>>
>>61090694
>I only buy Thinkpad T Series laptops, with docks to be used at desks.
Sounds comfy senpai. External display, mouse and keyboard too I assume?
>>
>>61089358
>t.jealous fag
>>
>>61090703
Yes, I have been here 15 years. We have just decommissioned the last of the T420's.
The vast majority are now on T450s, We found that by buying these instead of desktops, people tend to take their work home with them at night.
We use a legacy application, that runs in a 3151 emulator and everybody can just SSH in from anywhere.
>>
>>61090752
>T420
Jealous, I'd take every amount of them possible home.
>>
>>61090703

Personally though. I use a Razer Blade 14 (2016) with internal 1060, and have a core at my desk with a 1080 in it.
But I paid for that with my own money, because I am white.
>>
>>61090694

wow such smart

but in case your little brain hasn't worked out, i don't have the same job as you so your thinly veiled bragging attempt is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>61090791
and you likely never will.
>>
>>61090835
This, comfy jobs are rewarded for not being a nigger. When you climb the ladder like a nigger you have to constantly be watching your back so that people don't find out your a nigger. You dig a hole and live in it, forever uncomfy even if you have "luxury".
>>
>>61089384
Nah, OP IS the service agreement
>>
>>61089274
0%
>>
>>61090694
I wish my company would buy decent hardware too. Laptops or any kind of remote work is impossible here, but maybe I'd get less complaints about shitty glosssy displays.
At least support contracts are excellent, which makes my branch office sysadmin position really easy.
Between my current paycheck (it's actually shit tbqh but I had zero sysadmin experience and still got hired without connections) and support contract that lets me do nothing but forward tickets and watch anime all day every day; and OPs scenario that implies same paycheck, some bonus once, opportunity to steal one fucking piece of hardware I don't need, and a shitload of work fixing all the hardware forever, I'd never even consider the latter.
>>
>>61089274
>some

God why do you have to be such a nigger faggot
>>
>>61090703
breddy standard setup at this stage, was the same in my last place too (pharma plant)
>>
>>61089502
2 hours? That's a long time desu
>>
>>61090835

haha sure buddy im sure you have a 12 inch donger too right?
>>
>>61089274
>what are accountants
>what are financial audits
You WILL be caught, nigger. Buy your shit with your earned salary. If you don't like what they pay you, get another job.
>>
>>61089370
>stealing from your faceless corporate overlords is the same as stealing from yourself
>>
>>61091199

honestly i don't think the accountant would see a $500 purchase and then go into the office looking for the actual physical card inside running PCs and counting them.
>>
>>61089274
who is this semon demon?
>>
>>61089274
>antenna.jpg
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.