[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a T60 and T400 for libreboot and Parabola, and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
Just got a T60 and T400 for libreboot and Parabola, and I'm having trouble finding a (relatively cheap) wifi card that supports 5ghz. Anyone have any experience with this?
>>
>>61082244
Do your T60 have 1400x1050 screen?
>>
>>61082267
Haven't finished installing parabola yet, but it looks like it might be 1400x1050. Assuming nothing stupid happens I should be done in like an hour so I'll let you know if it isn't. Is that important to the compatibility with libreboot?
>>
>>61082244
bamp 4 freedomzzz
>>
>>61082670
ty bby

I really would like to get these things all freedom-y. I use a T420 as a main laptop but if libreboot is as fast as I've seen, and parabola is just as nice as arch, I may consider using this T400 or T60. There's nothing wrong with them. They both handled Windows 7 no problem so I imagine linux will work pretty nicely.
>>
>>61082333
Libreboot tends to be quite specific on your machine's hardware. For this reason I can't install libreboot on my T60 but I hope I can use my 1400x1050 panel from my T30.
>>
>>61082776
What's wrong with your T60?
>>
>>61083779
Wrong panel (unsupported) otherwise everything else is fine.
>>
>>61083803
I've been putting off Parabola for a bit but I've just completed the pacstrap and part of the setup so I'll be done soon. Hopefully my panel is supported, I'll be a bit disappointed if it isn't.
>>
>>61083819
>Hopefully my panel is supported, I'll be a bit disappointed if it isn't.
You useless nigger. Check on the list if it is or is not supported.
>>
>>61083958
I planned on putting parabola on it as soon as I got it anyway. I was waiting until I got an actual operating system running to check. I'm aware that there's a list, but there's no real good way for me to check save from actually taking the screen out which I don't want to do if I can just wait for the operating system to be on there.
>>
>>61082244
i have an x200 libreboot
if i suspend it for a long enough time when i resume it will reset instead

help :(
>>
>>61084056
What init system are you using?
>>
>>61084056
use openrc faggt
>>
>>61082244
Did you check the guy's video description? He lists the wifi card he's using.
>>
>>61084022
>but there's no real good way for me to check save from actually taking the screen
Maybe. Of course there is a way to find the information on the panel. There was some command to do that
>>
fuckin ughh I hate grub
>>61084140
I did not, but I will now. The most important part was getting one to work with 5ghz, I've got a 5ghz band at my house that I don't really wanna ignore if I've got the choice to use it.
>>
>>61084148
Yeah, that's why I'm waiting for parabola to finish but grub's got me fucked up. arch has babied me with bootctl install
>>
>>61084081
>>61084089

im newfag, i flashed the bios using a raspberry pi follow instruction on the website

1. how do i check for init system?
2. im using trisquel, what should i switch too ( im fairly new to loonix)
>>
https ://www.amazon.com/Atheros-AR5BHB63-Half-802-11-Wireless/dp/B00X95ZSCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498442578&sr=8-1&keywords=AR5BHB63

yeeaaahhh boiiii found an a/b/g card in a pack of two, one for each
>>
>>61084150
5Ghz is a meme. 2.4Ghz is fine.
>>61084157
Install Ututo XS
>>61084185
>2. im using trisquel, what should i switch too ( im fairly new to loonix)
Install Ututo XS
>>
>>61084185
Trisquel uses systemd, so look up things like "systemd suspend" and shit. This isn't an issue specific to libreboot or trisquel, it has to do with your hardware and how systemd deals with it. I had a similar problem on my T420 (non librebooted, running Arch linux) where when I closed the lid, it wouldn't suspend. So look up things like that and glgl. Also there's nothing wrong with trisquel, if it works for you then fine. If you find something you can't do, try something else. It'd be a waste for you to pick a non-fsf distro so pick from their website. Parabola is cool because it's arch based and uses the pacman package manager which is very nice

>>61084207
5ghz isn't a meme when the 2.4ghz in my apartment is slow as fuck due to regular apartment congestion
>>
>>61084185

ok it's sysvinit i just checked

>>61084207

me know no spanish
>>
>>61084250
then take everything i said and replace systemd with sysvinit and you'll probably find something
>>
hell yeah i've got a supported panel and also parabola and grub are working and I've ordered the correct wifi card which supports 5ghz and the special plate to make it full size and everything
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.