[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Care to explain why you don't own one of these? Other than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (247KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
247KB, 1500x1000px
Care to explain why you don't own one of these? Other than for financial reasons.
>>
I don't draw
>>
>>61075456
Care to explain why I should own one of these? Other than for prosumer reasons.
>>
Windows
>>
Care to explain why you, and nobody else does either, OP? Seriously, how many of these did Microsoft sell, 26?
>>
>>61075456
It comes with a knob for some reason. I don't trust extraneous peripherals.
>>
>>61075456
If it used Wacom instead of N-Trig I might consider it.

But as it is, the N-Trig pen is inaccurate at tilt angles, it's lacking responsiveness with light pressure, and latency is a light problem.

The thing is also hardware limited and dated to be obsolete because of the form factor.

Why would I buy this if it's doomed to be obsolete in a couple of years when I could get a high end Cintiq and plug that into what ever computer I choose to have at any giving time?
>>
>>61075456
I like the design, it looks nice but the keyboard probably feels like shit.
I would love to have one and replace windows with something else but I'm frugal and I'd rather buy something that is not so overpriced.
>>
>>61075456
it's nicely styled but the meme dial is the only thing that really sets it apart otherwise and who wants to pay $3,000+ for the privilege
>>
>>61076337
>he thinks meaningful innovation is actually going to happen to make any high-end product manufactured today truly "obsolete" in the actual sense and not just in the "it's not shiny" sense
>>
because fuck microsoft theyre not apple and i say this as a windows user
>>
>>61075456
I draw. Tried it the acuraccy is shit bought and ipad instead.
>>
>Expensive
>Non upgradable
>>
>>61075560
it doesn't come with it, it's another 100$
>>
Should just sell the display with the option to dock in your Surface Pro.
>>
>>61075456
I don't like 3:2 screens
I prefer 21:9

If some day, a surface with 21:9 comes out, I might buy it as a livingroom shitposting station.
Specced out of course because I need sick performance for shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>61075456
can i game on this?
>>
Absolute shit for art. Cintiq shits all over it.
>>
>>61075456
I don't need a oversized overpriced screen just to take notes and currently that's all it can do.
>>
>>61075456
I need more than one screen.
>>
>>61076692
>I don't like 3:2 screens
>I prefer 21:9

Just how you like taking dicks. Long and thin so they slide in deep with no pain.
>>
>>61075456
I'm not a graphics artist dipshit
>>
>sub-standard dated internals.
>poor thermals
Screen is nice tho
>>
>>61075456
Windows
>>
>>61075456
I hate all-in-ones
>>
>>61075456
>Not upgradeable
>Not very powerful, really
>Cannot be used as a display
>I'm not a design professional so most of the good stuff like the pen and the puck would be useless
>Shitty periferals
>MS trying to rip-off Apple and I usually don't appreciate rip-offs
>>
>>61075456
Might break it when I'm fucking my wife, lucky you don't have that problem, huh.
>>
Wacom makes better tablets
>>
>>61075456
>that iMac ripoff
If you're going to spend that much money, why not just get the real thing that doesn't come with a BSOD and malware-ridden OS?
>>
>>61079268
>wife
>my
>>
>>61079445
Apple fills their computers of old hardware
>>
>>61075456
I like these a lot, but
>Windows
>>
Tfw macroshaft gave me one for free and it has been sitting unused for a month in the porch.

Still in its packaging.

My imack is literally better in every way
>>
File: b7d.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b7d.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>61079519
So why does the iMac come with Kaby Lake and Polaris, but the Surface Studio comes with Skylake and Maxwell?
>>
>>61075456
It runs a shit tier OS, making it close to useless even if the design were good, and the low power hardware makes it useless for the only thing Windows is good for. Also the design is stupid, since you have to move this shit around to switch from normal use to drawing.

I do appreciate the idea, as I did with the SurfacePro or SurfaceBook but the execution is still stuck in the first stage. If I'd wanted a all-in-one desktop, I'd just get a Mac. If I wanted something to draw on, I'd get iPad Pro or one of the crazy priced Wacom ones.
>>
>>61077219
At least 21:9 screens got actual benefits unlike the 16:9 cancer most are.
>>
>>61075456
uh it's only financial reasons tho
>>
File: IMG_2194 - Copy.jpg (2MB, 3626x2409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2194 - Copy.jpg
2MB, 3626x2409px
>>61075456
I'm not a homosexual
>>
File: image.jpg (891KB, 1219x1808px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
891KB, 1219x1808px
I prefer free as in freedom hardware and software
>>
>>61082816
You're a cheap bastard. Admit it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.