[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were sent alone and without any resources back in time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: early_computer.jpg (128KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
early_computer.jpg
128KB, 960x540px
If you were sent alone and without any resources back in time (say 1500's), how far would you be able to progress society with the knowledge you already know during the span of your lifetime?
Assuming you are earning high income and you are of a high class, thus you can finance yourself to work on research and development your whole life.

Would you be able to invent electricity, the light bulb or even a proto-computer?
>>
>>61075092
No, I can't do any of that shit. I can make an electromagnet with a chemical battery, some copper wire and a nail. That's the limit of my engineering knowledge.

All I could do is convince a world power I have future knowledge and then secure a comfy life for myself by bartering my knowledge of future events. I would do my best to convince fuckers that space is possible and it should be privatized so we can get SpaceX rolling around 1950 like it should have been. We'd be on fucking Mars already.
>>
electricity/electromagnetism I could probably do. I also might be able to do refrigeration and an internal combustion engine over time. I dont really know how to make a vacuum or how to build transistors/resistors, so I dont think I'd be able to do a light bulb or computer. If I found someone actually smart who didnt think I was a heretic or something to team up with and point in the right direction, I could probably accomplish exponentially more than by myself
>>
Technological advancement comes on top of humanitarian advancement, keeping a lot of smart loyal healthy open minded people around will be the hard part, we are talking about a period of time with religious war in Europe, send me back 200 years not 500 and watch me rule the fucking world with my knowledge, 500 years ago not gonna happen.
>>
I'd invent calculus and properly introduce limits.
>>
>>61075092
i'd invent bicycle, air baloonm wings and steam engine. Easiest things to recreate at that age, also i'd like to be in italy or china for that or burning it is.
>>
>>61075458
pretty sure math in 15th c was rather advanced or most cathedrals wouldn't be built
>>
>>61075394
religious wars were in 1400s, 1500s is so called autumn of middle ages and pretty much renaissance when kings slowly started to take interest in science
>>
>>61075092
With enough try and error I could probably create a simple steam engine
>>
>not becoming a landsknecht and raping your way through europe
>>
>>61075613
>also sitting on stake put through your ass by peasants

when was french peasant appraisal again?
>>
I'd invent soap first,
>>
>>61075092
Develop smokeless gunpowder and push my country's warfare technology some 300 years forwards. You'd all be speaking Polish now.
>>
>>61075092
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.